• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Have we ever landed a 4 star recruit?

HookedonGriz

DONOR
With this recent commitment of Mack Konig, it got me thinking….have we ever landed a four-star recruit on the men’s or women’s side.

Mack is a four star and is ranked in the ESPN Top 100 recruits for her 2022 class.

HookedonGriz said:
With this recent commitment of Mack Konig, it got me thinking….have we ever landed a four-star recruit on the men’s or women’s side.

Mack is a four star and is ranked in the ESPN Top 100 recruits for her 2022 class.

Don't think so, but I would have given 4 stars to Michael Ray Richardson.

HookedonGriz said:

I think Jamie Pickens was a 4-star caliber recruit for the Lady Griz. Too bad she left after one season.

MissoulaCanucksFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

I think Jamie Pickens was a 4-star caliber recruit for the Lady Griz. Too bad she left after one season.

I believe she was on the espn top 100 as well but was not given a 4 star. I’m kinda curious if Mack is our one and only ever 4 star.

HookedonGriz said:
MissoulaCanucksFan said:

I believe she was on the espn top 100 as well but was not given a 4 star. I’m kinda curious if Mack is our one and only ever 4 star.

Well the top 100 for 2022 are all 4 star or higher. If Jamie was top 100 I would think she would have been a 4 star player or the year she graduated may not have been as good talent wise. Mack Konig is ranked 91 on the ESPN top 100.

TrueGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Well the top 100 for 2022 are all 4 star or higher. If Jamie was top 100 I would think she would have been a 4 star player or the year she graduated may not have been as good talent wise. Mack Konig is ranked 91 on the ESPN top 100.

I think you guys are right. Looks like Pickens was 94th on the top 100 and was “graded” as a 4 star on that list. Not sure if those “grades” are the same correlation to a ranking. Probably are.

I was thinking that maybe Jordan Sullivan was a four-star. But my memory is not very good.And I might be wrong on that. I see that Jordan was the 55th ranked wing in the nation and was not ranked in the top 100 overall by ESPN. They gave her a grade of 84 coming out of Sydney high school.

Back