• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU schedule

GrizBall

Obviously not a Bobcat fan, but I would be extremely disappointed if this was the Griz non-con schedule. MSU has tons of returning talent. Seems like they would have challenged themselves more.

https://msubobcats.com/news/2021/8/27/mens-basketball-msu-mens-basketball-announces-complete-2021-22-season-schedule.aspx

It’s funny you say that cause they tend to think they have a pretty tough schedule in the article I read. Only one P5 game against Colorado who’s really become the class of the PAC 12. They get 2 of the top 3 teams in the summit league in NDSU and SDSU, those will be tough games. New Mexico is always a tricky place to play, and then they get Shantay Legans pilots twice, and don’t overlook them he brought in some serious talent.

I think it’s challenging because they’re gonna spend a lot of time on the road when you throw in those 2 early conference games as well. I saw in one article where Sprinkle was bitching about how nobody wants to come to Montana to play, same thing Decuire has been saying for years, but I’m thrilled that Air Force is coming and we get a home MTE over Thanksgiving. This might be our best non-conference schedule ever.

Griz til I die said:
It’s funny you say that cause they tend to think they have a pretty tough schedule in the article I read. Only one P5 game against Colorado who’s really become the class of the PAC 12. They get 2 of the top 3 teams in the summit league in NDSU and SDSU, those will be tough games. New Mexico is always a tricky place to play, and then they get Shantay Legans pilots twice, and don’t overlook them he brought in some serious talent.

I think it’s challenging because they’re gonna spend a lot of time on the road when you throw in those 2 early conference games as well. I saw in one article where Sprinkle was bitching about how nobody wants to come to Montana to play, same thing Decuire has been saying for years, but I’m thrilled that Air Force is coming and we get a home MTE over Thanksgiving. This might be our best non-conference schedule ever.

Thanks. You may have caused me to re-think my initial reaction. I looked at Portland as EWU, but without the Groves Bros and Aiken. I felt some of the EWU guys had the luxury of looking really good as 4th and 5th options. None of those guys looked like 1's and 2's but I could be mistaken. Maybe they just need the chance. I saw a lot of people on the Portland roster that I had never heard of.

New Mexico historically had been a tricky place to play, but they had been really, really bad recently and had to fire their coach. Based on KenPom's rankings New Mexico would have only been better than Northern Arizona and Idaho in the Big Sky last year. Pitino's son is now the new coach, so maybe he can get them going again.

Best non con sched ever is a pretty big statement. Just 2 years ago we played Stanford, Arkansas, Oregon, New Mexico, and Washington along with North Dakota, Omaha, and Texas Southern at home. Only 2 years before that we scheduled Pitt, Penn St, Stanford, UCLA, and Washington along with Oral Roberts, UC Santa Barbara, UC Riverside, and UC Irvin. Yes, it’s super cool we’re hosting a tourney(with 3 pretty shitty teams) but only two power five games and Air Force, Omaha, North Dakota, and Santa Clara don’t top either of ‘19-‘20 or ‘17-‘18 schedules. I would definitely argue that Decuire has far surpassed any previous coach with the tuff ness of his non con schedules though.

Griz til I die said:

I've got to admit once I graduated and received my Army Commission and left Montana for the first time I struggled understanding why nobody wanted to come to either Montana schools. Still don't understand why a state like Wyoming with half our population has such good facilities in Laramie and decent schools go there for sports. Or Christ, even Idaho has three schools at our level (or higher with boise athletically but academically?) and our conference has the basketball tournament there. I still remember the crap they said when they left our conference. I just don't understand why we're stuck in a conference with directional schools. Yes, both Davis and Poly are academically superior as are ISU and Idaho, but????

One would think our BOR could somehow put their historically poor choices and petty differences where they belong, in the past, and figure out how to grow our two flagship institutions. Living outside Montana again and listening to what others really think of us gets old.

I get damn tired of the sheep jokes from Utah, Washington and Oregon and don't like being lumped into the same stereotypes as Idaho.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Griz til I die said:

I've got to admit once I graduated and received my Army Commission and left Montana for the first time I struggled understanding why nobody wanted to come to either Montana schools. Still don't understand why a state like Wyoming with half our population has such good facilities in Laramie and decent schools go there for sports. Or Christ, even Idaho has three schools at our level (or higher with boise athletically but academically?) and our conference has the basketball tournament there. I still remember the crap they said when they left our conference. I just don't understand why we're stuck in a conference with directional schools. Yes, both Davis and Poly are academically superior as are ISU and Idaho, but????

One would think our BOR could somehow put their historically poor choices and petty differences where they belong, in the past, and figure out how to grow our two flagship institutions. Living outside Montana again and listening to what others really think of us gets old.

I get damn tired of the sheep jokes from Utah, Washington and Oregon and don't like being lumped into the same stereotypes as Idaho.

Why do you think that Idaho and ISU are academically superior to the Montana schools? Just curious.

hunt-ducks said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Why do you think that Idaho and ISU are academically superior to the Montana schools? Just curious.

You really are one dumb wasted fuck. Go read "Montana's 163d Infantry Regiment in WWII from Poplar to Papua" and see if you can understand what it was like to first hear the stupid fucking sheep jokes from the
ignorant assholes from Idaho, Oregon, Cali, Washington and Utah talking about all of us from eastern Montana.

Those mormon schools in Idaho, except boise, have left the UM so far behind academically that it is embarrassing. Do some fucking research you waste of shitty oxygen. Christ. Are you on the BOR? Your idiotic posts and ridiculous arguments suggest an Ivy League or Stanford waste of perfectly good federal money the BOR wants on Montana's flagship university's faculties.

Or you could be a canuck with your condescension toward America. Possibly north of Plentywood?

Back