• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2021-22 Lady Griz roster (tentative)

MissoulaCanucksFan

With Sammy Fatkin re-joining the Lady Griz program, here is an updated Lady Griz roster (note that Fatkin doesn't have a new jersey number):

Seniors
G #00 Sammy Fatkin 5-11 Snohomish, Washington (Glacier Peak HS/Arizona) *did not play during 20-21 season after leaving program during 19-20 season*
G #1 Nyah Morris-Nelson 6-0 Gold Coast, Australia (Hillcrest Christian College/South Plains College/Iowa Western CC)
G #2 Sophia Stiles 5-9 Malta (Malta HS) *redshirted 18-19 season*
F #11 Abby Anderson 6-2 Hillsboro, Oregon (Glencoe HS) *redshirted 17-18 season*
F #13 Kylie Frohlich 6-0 Missoula (Sentinel HS)

Juniors
G #5 Katerina Tsineke 5-9 Thessaloniki, Greece (AS Niki Lefkadas/East Carolina)
F #20 Carmen Gfeller 6-1 Colfax, Washington (Colfax HS) *redshirted 19-20 season*

Sophomores
G #12 Kyndall Keller 5-8 Havre (Havre HS)
F #23 Willa Albrecht 6-0 Billings (West HS)

Freshmen
G #10 Haley Huard 6-1 Highlands Ranch, Colorado (Valor Christian HS)
F #24 Lisa Kiefer 6-3 Marburg, Germany (BC Marburg)
F #42 Dani Bartsch 6-2 Helena (Capital HS)
G Lamprini Polymeni 5-9 Thessaloniki, Greece (AS Niki Lefkadas)

*roster subject to change

While recognizing that four of the players on this roster (including three frosh) have yet to play a single minute... the addition of Fatkin adds instant speed, depth and balance. I like it.

By my count, there's one remaining scholarship to award. My hope is for an instant impact-capable transfer... a wing who can play solid D & also board. :)

Go GrizWBB.

grizzlyjournal said:
While recognizing that four of the players on this roster (including three frosh) have yet to play a single minute... the addition of Fatkin adds instant speed, depth and balance. I like it.

By my count, there's one remaining scholarship to award. My hope is for an instant impact-capable transfer... a wing who can play solid D & also board. :)

Go GrizWBB.

There are 12 players on the roster and 15 scholarships are allowed. So, possibly 3 more scholarships remain.

grizzlyjournal said:

Go GrizWBB.

The roster as written here has 12, the Ladies can have 15. I also hope for a big board-banger.

maroonandsilver said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Go GrizWBB.

The roster as written here has 12, the Ladies can have 15. I also hope for a big board-banger.

I have read conflicting info: sometimes 13, but sometimes 15, which -- of course -- would be good for this rebuilding team.

I doubt seriously Holsinger carries 15 scholarship players this year. He's stated in recent weeks that it is unlikely that we'll see 15 scholarship players for the upcoming year. He went onto say in that playing 15 girls is a difficult task, that his preferred rotation is 10-12 and doesn't want players sitting at the end of bench and not getting PT.

We've entered a world where I think redshirting is a difficult ask anymore, and when 3/4ers of players state they want PT as a freshman, it makes it hard to roster 13 players for men and 15 for women when you don't have redshirts. If that is the case where you aren't redshirting players (2-3 a year) then does it really make sense to have 15 rostered players other than for practice. I can see his perspective there.

grizzlyjournal said:
maroonandsilver said:

I have read conflicting info: sometimes 13, but sometimes 15, which -- of course -- would be good for this rebuilding team.

13 for men. 15 for women. I also note, as others have, that Holsinger has no desire to fill all 15. But I still would like to see one more addition: a strong rebounder/low post defender. (Can we bring back Ann Lake?)

maroonandsilver said:
grizzlyjournal said:

13 for men. 15 for women. I also note, as others have, that Holsinger has no desire to fill all 15. But I still would like to see one more addition: a strong rebounder/low post defender. (Can we bring back Ann Lake?)

As long as we keep Ann Lake off the free throw line.

TrueGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:

I'm not sure many realize that incoming Griz WR recruit from Sentinel, TJ Rauch, is Ann Lake's son.

maroonandsilver said:
TrueGriz said:

I'm not sure many realize that incoming Griz WR recruit from Sentinel, TJ Rauch, is Ann Lake's son.

Cool, didn't know. Ann Lake shot better with people pushing and shoving her and a hand in her face than she did at the free throw line with nobody guarding her. So, if her son inherited the good parts of Ann Lake and not the bad parts, he should be really good football player. Looking forward to the future.

Back