• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz 2021-22 Basketball Schedule

Griz til I die

DONOR
Official schedule:

November 9 vs. Dickinson State
November 13 @ Mississippi State
November 15 @ North Dakota
November 20 vs. Omaha
November 24 Zootown Classic (Montana vs. UC San Diego, UNC Wilmington vs. Southern Miss)
November 25 Zootown Classic (Montana vs. UNC Wilmington, UC San Diego vs. Southern Miss)
November 26 Zootown Classic (Montana vs. Southern Miss, UC San Diego vs. UNC Wilmington)
November 29 @ Oregon
*December 2 @ Sacramento State
*December 4 @ Northern Colorado
December 8 vs. Air Force
December 10 vs. Yellowstone Christian
December 19 @ Santa Clara
*December 30 vs. Idaho State
*January 1 vs. Weber State
*January 6 @ Eastern Washington
*January 8 @ Montana State
*January 13 vs. Southern Utah
*January 20 @ Portland State
*January 22 @ Northern Arizona
*January 27 vs. Idaho
*January 29 vs. Eastern Washington
*February 3 @ Weber State
*February 5 @ Idaho State
*February 10 vs. Northern Arizona
*February 12 vs. Portland State
*February 17 @ Idaho
*February 24 @ Southern Utah
*February 26 vs. Montana State
*March 3 vs. Northern Colorado
*March 5 vs. Sacramento State

Like I predicted, Southern Utah is this years lone wolf, good!

https://t.co/3ggFLLwr2T?amp=1

UMFan12 said:
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1411033223157669892?s=20
*updated. I think this is a winnable game. Mississippi State has had some good and not so good teams, and I think they’re more on the not so good side this season. This feels a lot like the Georgia game from last season.

Griz til I die said:
UMFan12 said:
*updated. I think this is a winnable game. Mississippi State has had some good and not so good teams, and I think they’re more on the not so good side this season. This feels a lot like the Georgia game from last season.

Here is my MSU scouting report: They have a transfer from UNC that started last year at UNC. A transfer from Michigan State that was one of the top guards in his class. Another top recruit transfer that played well for Memphis last year, as well as a returner that led the SEC in scoring and another returner that led the SEC in rebounding. I have seen them predicted to be as high as 4th in the SEC behind Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas. Ben Howland is an elite coach. Georgia finished near the bottom of the SEC last year.

Griz til I die said:
UMFan12 said:

Looks like a I got a little road trip scheduled in the middle of November. Go Griz!

GrizBall said:
Griz til I die said:

Here is my MSU scouting report: They have a transfer from UNC that started last year at UNC. A transfer from Michigan State that was one of the top guards in his class. Another top recruit transfer that played well for Memphis last year, as well as a returner that led the SEC in scoring and another returner that led the SEC in rebounding. I have seen them predicted to be as high as 4th in the SEC behind Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas. Ben Howland is an elite coach. Georgia finished near the bottom of the SEC last year.
Oh wow, they look better on paper than I thought. They’re very inconsistent year over year so it sounds like they’ll be much improved. Would the UNC transfer happen to be Walker Kessler?

GrizBall said:
Griz til I die said:

Ben Howland may have once been considered "elite', but those days have long passed. Howland has never done better than 4th in his 6 seasons at Miss St, with his average conference standing being an illustrious 8th! I understand where you're coming from on their incoming transfer talent, but no one is scared of Ben Howland aka The Supposed Coaching GOAT.

Griz til I die said:
GrizBall said:
Oh wow, they look better on paper than I thought. They’re very inconsistent year over year so it sounds like they’ll be much improved. Would the UNC transfer happen to be Walker Kessler?

Garrison Brooks CENTER

Miss St. had 5 guys last year listed at 240 or higher. All but one of their forwards is over 240. The above mentioned Garrison Brooks transferring in from UNC is listed at 6’10 240 lbs as well. We’re going to be out beefed. Cleaning the defensive glass is usually a struggle for mid major schools in buy games, but this one could be even uglier than most.

gotgame75 said:
Griz til I die said:

Garrison Brooks CENTER
Oh he’s good. We’re gonna have our hands full with him.

[media]https://twitter.com/khansen406/status/1414687095696740352?s=20[/media]

They where terrible last year but can't hurt to play non yellowstone christian teams at home.

flatheadgriz406 said:

They where terrible last year but can't hurt to play non yellowstone christian teams at home.
Ooh I like our chances in this one. Air Force has never had that great of teams. Decuire mentioned last year that we were gonna originally host a Mountain West team before our non-conference schedule got scrapped due to COVID, I wonder if it was them. I think the Griz win this one, and it'll be nice to see them finally host a Mountain West team again.

Edit: MTN reported that Air Force was the Mountain West team that supposed to come to Missoula last year. Good on them for agreeing to do it this year, and good on us for agreeing to go play them the following year.

Griz til I die said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

Ooh I like our chances in this one. Air Force has never had that great of teams. Decuire mentioned last year that we were gonna originally host a Mountain West team before our non-conference schedule got scrapped due to COVID. I think the Griz win this one, and it'll be nice to see them finally host a Mountain West team again.

One thing about all of the military academies and their teams across all sports is that they will play hard, play smart and compete.

UncleRico said:
Griz til I die said:
Ooh I like our chances in this one. Air Force has never had that great of teams. Decuire mentioned last year that we were gonna originally host a Mountain West team before our non-conference schedule got scrapped due to COVID. I think the Griz win this one, and it'll be nice to see them finally host a Mountain West team again.

One thing about all of the military academies and their teams across all sports is that they will play hard, play smart and compete.
True! That’s gotta be a tough job. I feel for the head coach when it comes to recruiting cause there’s only a select few kids who would want to go there.

Griz til I die said:
UncleRico said:
True! That’s gotta be a tough job. I feel for the head coach when it comes to recruiting cause there’s only a select few kids who would want to go there.

Also, I believe the AFA has a 6’8 height restriction. I thought it was something like you can’t fit in a jet if you are taller than that.

GrizBall said:
Griz til I die said:

Also, I believe the AFA has a 6’8 height restriction. I thought it was something like you can’t fit in a jet if you are taller than that.

Playing Air Force is about like playing San Jose State home and home. Just because they are in a better conference, doesn't mean that they're good. It's been a LONG time since AFA has been competitive in the Mountain West.

But to be fair, if I was Travis, I would sign off on the deal too. It's damn tough to get anyone to make the trip to Missoula. Now if the Griz could get Wyoming, Colorado State or Boise State to play home and home, then that would be awesome. Not gonna happen though. The bigger kids on the block never (or rarely) travel to take a possible loss.

It's really too bad. I think people would be stoked to see the Griz play some more regional rival out of conference games instead of Dickinson State, Whitworth and Montana Tech.

CopperGold14 said:
GrizBall said:

Playing Air Force is about like playing San Jose State home and home. Just because they are in a better conference, doesn't mean that they're good. It's been a LONG time since AFA has been competitive in the Mountain West.

But to be fair, if I was Travis, I would sign off on the deal too. It's damn tough to get anyone to make the trip to Missoula. Now if the Griz could get Wyoming, Colorado State or Boise State to play home and home, then that would be awesome. Not gonna happen though. The bigger kids on the block never (or rarely) travel to take a possible loss.

It's really too bad. I think people would be stoked to see the Griz play some more regional rival out of conference games instead of Dickinson State, Whitworth and Montana Tech.

thanks for enlightening me with incredible info Einstein :clap:

Back