• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Holsinger Hires Nate Harris - Slam Dunk!

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Awesome awesome hire! I am totally on board with our new coach:

https://twitter.com/montanagrizwbb/status/1387847890081509378?s=21

Did Holsinger check with PR before making this hire? Great move! Not a better guy than Nate and extremely talented coach!

StumptownGriz said:
Did Holsinger check with PR before making this hire? Great move! Not a better guy than Nate and extremely talented coach!

:clap: PRs probably going to give up his football tickets also because Holsinger didn't hire a guy we've never heard of whose second cousin's son in law went to law school with his step daughter, coached in Two Dot with his wife's brother and waterskied up at his lake place with one of the Lady Griz who got cut but looks like a model!

About as "Montana" as you can get without actually having Griz roots. I'm thinking he'd probably do a pretty good pre-game scouting report on the BobcatWBB team.

1-13 this past season as head coach of a D-II school. His team scored 55 and under 7 times. Played at MT Tech. I thought you guys didn’t like NAIA and D-II and didn’t care about Montanans.

Wow, I think Nate is a great hire for your program. He was really good running the defense at MSU. When he left, there was a noticeable drop in defensive effort and scheme for a couple of years.

I think the Lady Griz will be a top contender sooner than later.

rivercat said:
Wow, I think Nate is a great hire for your program. He was really good running the defense at MSU. When he left, there was a noticeable drop in defensive effort and scheme for a couple of years.

I think the LG would have been a contender if Petrino had been hired.

PlayerRep said:
rivercat said:

He would’ve had to apply to be considered.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Petrino was one of the finalists. Also one of the first candidates that applied to have interviewed for the position.. So he did apply and was considered. Haslam chose to go a different direction.

This is a top level hire. Now if only Brian could get Katie Baker here in a associate head role that’d be a heck of a staff.

TrueGriz said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Petrino was one of the finalists. Also one of the first candidates that applied to have interviewed for the position.. So he did apply and was considered. Haslam chose to go a different direction.

My fault. I must have got him mixed up from seeing that Colville didn’t.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
TrueGriz said:

You guys are confusing each other. Petrino obviously applied for the head job. He did NOT subsequently apply for an assistant position.

dayday said:
This is a top level hire. Now if only Brian could get Katie Baker here in a associate head role that’d be a heck of a staff.

Seems that ship has sailed since Katie has accepted a position at Washington since Holsinger was hired.

maroonandsilver said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

You guys are confusing each other. Petrino obviously applied for the head job. He did NOT subsequently apply for an assistant position.

You're correct. Thanks!

Back