• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jordan Sullivan retained

Beat me to it, was just about to post it. She embodies what it means to be a Lady Griz. This likely means it will be curtains for Petrino and Covill then, even though I think it already was.

Griz til I die said:
Beat me to it, was just about to post it. She embodies what it means to be a Lady Griz. This likely means it will be curtains for Petrino and Covill then, even though I think it already was.

A sports media friend told me that Mike said early that he would not apply, and that Nate had did not indicate that he did.

maroonandsilver said:
Griz til I die said:

A sports media friend told me that Mike said early that he would not apply, and that Nate had did not indicate that he did.

Fast news I just go the same word 2 minutes ago. Anything on Jace?

maroonandsilver said:
Griz til I die said:

A sports media friend told me that Mike said early that he would not apply, and that Nate had not indicated that he did.

Wonder if she was involved in making decisions on the cuts?

Will new staff help place players or are they on their own? I know Petrino will help them.

PlayerRep said:

Will new staff help place players or are they on their own? I know Petrino will help them.

It's a tough world out there. The new coach will probably be more concerned about the players he's retaining. If those leaving are as good as some seem to think, they should be able to place themselves somewhere else.

I find it kind of hard to believe you really think this guy is going to take his first head coaching job and the pressure to win that comes with it and not make it "his" team. Especially when athleticism and talent seem themes that most agree are lacking with the current roster. He's got better things to worry about than keeping the last four players on the bench of a middle of the road BSC ladies basketball program happy.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

It's a tough world out there. The new coach will probably be more concerned about the players he's retaining. If those leaving are as good as some seem to think, they should be able to place themselves somewhere else.

I find it kind of hard to believe you really think this guy is going to take his first head coaching job and the pressure to win that comes with it and not make it "his" team. Especially when athleticism and talent seem themes that most agree are lacking with the current roster. He's got better things to worry about than keeping the last four players on the bench of a middle of the road BSC ladies basketball program happy.

It is a tough world out there at times, but there's no reason to make it tougher than it needs to be.

I don't know how good the young players are, but they were brought to UM and now are not being given a chance.

As a Native American, I was hoping Momberg would develop into one of the next on the list of good NA players at UM. I know Petrino believed in her.

It's not Holsinger's first head coaching job.

Holsinger has a 4-year contract. He has plenty of time to build the team and bring in his players. UM is not a win at all costs college. Bodnar certainly doesn't believe in winning at all costs.

The numbers of cuts I've seen are between 5 and 7, not 4. Most coaches aren't going to play or rely the last 4 players on the bench anyway. What's the big deal? He's never even seen them play or practice. He doesn't even know then. The transfer portal is around and seemingly picking up steam. His success is to going to made on replacing redshirts and freshmen.

If Haslam, etc. authorized him to come in and kick ass in the first week, then my gripe is mostly with Haslam.

I am a fairly competitive guy, and have been so since I started in athletics, in school, and in my profession, but I don't believe in winning at all costs in any of those things. Winning is only part of sport. I am not in favor of the way big-time sports are done run, and how they sometimes dwarf or warp academics and some schools generally. They breed corruption. I have never felt LG hoops was a win at all, or even or else, program.

Using your words, I too have better things to do than supporting a program that isn't treating some people I like very well. I have other things to do, like international travel, skiing at Big Sky, and spending time in Phoenix. I can always follow from afar. But my interest has declined, and I will not be providing the same level of support in the future. I hope the remaining players are treated well and fairly. That doesn't always happen in coach changeovers.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Can you point out some examples where a new women’s coach cut 5~7 players the first week?

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:

It is a tough world out there at times, but there's no reason to make it tougher than it needs to be.

I don't know how good the young players are, but they were brought to UM and now are not being given a chance.

As a Native American, I was hoping Momberg would develop into one of the next on the list of good NA players at UM. I know Petrino believed in her.

Holsinger has a 4-year contract. He has plenty of time to build the team and bring in his players. UM is not a win at all costs college. Bodnar certainly doesn't believe in winning at all costs.

The numbers of cuts I've seen are between 5 and 7, not 4. Most coaches aren't going to play or rely the last 4 players on the bench anyway. What's the big deal? He's never even seen them play or practice. He doesn't even know then. The transfer portal is around and seemingly picking up steam. His success is to going to made on replacing redshirts and freshmen.

If Haslam, etc. authorized him to come in and kick ass in the first week, then my gripe is mostly with Haslam.

I am a fairly competitive guy, and have been so since I started in athletics, in school, and in my profession, but I don't believe in winning at all costs in any of those things. Winning is only part of sport. I am not in favor of the way big-time sports are done run, and how they sometimes dwarf or warp academics and some schools generally. They breed corruption. I have never felt LG hoops was a win at all, or even or else, program.

Using your words, I too have better things to do than supporting a program that isn't treating some people I like very well. I have other things to do, like international travel, skiing at Big Sky, and spending time in Phoenix. I can always follow from afar. But my interest has declined, and I will not be providing the same level of support in the future. I hope the remaining players are treated well and fairly. That doesn't always happen in coach changeovers.

If your interest has declined, then why are you still griping about it on a message board that only like 20 people are reading?

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

If your interest has declined, then why are you still griping about it on a message board that only like 20 people are reading?

While my interest in attending games LG games has decreased, my interest in pointing out things and complaining has increased, substantially. Ha. Also, a lot more than 20 people are looking at these threads.

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:

While my interest in attending games LG games has decreased, my interest in pointing out things and complaining has increased, substantially. Ha. Also, a lot more than 20 people are looking at these threads.

I get that. It comes with old age. I’m with you there.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:

Can you point out some examples where a new women’s coach cut 5~7 players the first week?

In today's world probably more common to have 5 - 7 enter the transfer portal. I've not seen the 5 - 7 names of the players UM's new coach cut. Think I saw 3 and one senior not electing to take advantage of the extra year. Can you name the 5 - 7 UM players that have been cut?

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

In today's world probably more common to have 5 - 7 enter the transfer portal. I've not seen the 5 - 7 names of the players UM's new coach cut. Think I saw 3 and one senior not electing to take advantage of the extra year. Can you name the 5 - 7 UM players that have been cut?

4 and one senior electing not to take advantage of extra year. That seems like 4 and not 5 - 7. Not ideal....but a team that's struggled and new coach that wants and deserves to coach his own team.

Mousegriz said:
Mousegriz said:

4 and one senior electing not to take advantage of extra year. That seems like 4 and not 5 - 7. Not ideal....but a team that's struggled and new coach that wants and deserves to coach his own team.

The topic is cuts, not people leaving the program. Your number is wrong. But feel free to provide examples of a new women’s coach cutting 4 players the first week.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:

Don't wish to drag this on needlessly, but there is a recent example of a women's program that underwent major (rapid) change under a new coach... though it was very quiet and under the radar. When current UM soccer coach Chris Citowicki assumed the leadership of a program in disarray, significant roster changes were made (not in one week, but over the process of a month). Several players departed from the program (I do not know the exact number... pretty certain more than 5). Under radically different circumstances (the soccer program was always a winner), Kent Haslam dealt quickly and firmly with a delicate situation, and the coach he hired acted quickly... and with compassion toward all involved. Note: In his third season, Cito and his Griz soccer team are playing -- this afternoon -- in the first round of the NCAA D1 2021 spring season soccer playoffs.

grizzlyjournal said:
PlayerRep said:

Don't wish to drag this on needlessly, but there is a recent example of a women's program that underwent major (rapid) change under a new coach... though it was very quiet and under the radar. When current UM soccer coach Chris Citowicki assumed the leadership of a program in disarray, significant roster changes were made (not in one week, but over the process of a month). Several players departed from the program (I do not know the exact number... pretty certain more than 5). Under radically different circumstances (the soccer program was always a winner), Kent Haslam dealt quickly and firmly with a delicate situation, and the coach he hired acted quickly... and with compassion toward all involved. Note: In his third season, Cito and his Griz soccer team are playing -- this afternoon -- in the first round of the NCAA D1 2021 spring season soccer playoffs.

I see that the current soccer roster has 30 players on it.

I wonder if Jordan had to sit in on what I assume was individual meetings with players when they were cut? that would be uncomfortable.

PlayerRep said:
grizzlyjournal said:

I see that the current soccer roster has 30 players on it.

Go Lady Griz soccer! Would they be where they are today if the coach hadn't made some changes that first month? Guess we won't know.....but we do know he made those changes then and they are in the national playoffs today.

Back