• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz Cuts

If that is indeed true, and 7 players are leaving, then we would be left with 6 players. I hope the 3 remaining starters would return, Abby, Sophia, and Carmen. After that, its anyone's guess. Holsinger made it clear in today's Missoulian story that he is actively and energetically recruiting.

Right now I know definitely of 4 cut. Add Hanna leaving as posted and Madie being done that would make 6. I also know of 5 that are still on. The shake up is happening. Brian has evaluated the girls here and is keeping the talented working girls. The kind that build programs. The three girls mentioned earlier are safe.

If true, my initial reaction, from row 1 seats, is FU Brian, and the people who hired you. You can have my seats, but I look forward to dogging the you. I assume you can figure out how to attract better players. But you won't have my support if you have cut players. Are you cutting the Native American girl, and will you not recruit Native Americans? I will be curious to see how the the LG support goes, with players cut and out of state players brought in. I bet the guy doesn't have the balls to cut Shannon's daughters.

PlayerRep said:
If true, my initial reaction, from row 1 seats, is FU Brian, and the people who hired you. You can have my seats, but I look forward to dogging the you. I assume you can figure out how to attract better players. But you won't have my support if you have cut players. Are you cutting the Native American girl, and will you not recruit Native Americans? I will be curious to see how the the LG support goes, with players cut and out of state players brought in. I bet the guy doesn't have the balls to cut Shannon's daughters.

Kinda of knee jerk.

There likely are some players on the roister who may not even want to keep playing under a new system, others who can't cut it with a coach with high expectations. PR are you suggesting that he keeps everyone regardless of abilities? Sounds like that to me. I suggest we all take a deep breath and see how this unfolds

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

Kinda of knee jerk.

Had the balls.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

Kinda of knee jerk.

Maybe PR bets against the girls to lose and he’s mad that they’re gonna become a better team. I also find it odd he doesn’t know Momberg’s name.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

Kinda of knee jerk.

Not knee jerk at all. In my written comments to several of the search committee, I said I didn’t cutting players at the outset.

Griz66 said:
There likely are some players on the roister who may not even want to keep playing under a new system, others who can't cut it with a coach with high expectations. PR are you suggesting that he keeps everyone regardless of abilities? Sounds like that to me. I suggest we all take a deep breath and see how this unfolds

I was told a couple days ago that all players planned to stay, except Thurman. So, if true, this is big news to a bunch of players.

alabamagrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Kinda of knee jerk.

Maybe PR bets against the girls to lose and he’s mad that they’re gonna become a better team. I also find it odd he doesn’t know Momberg’s name.

I know Momberg’s name and know her family. I am friends with her stepdad. He’s a lawyer and firmer coach.

PlayerRep said:
Without a doubt this is going to stir it up. It can either send a message or come to haunt him right away. Without the transfer portal I don't think he would not have the flexibility to do something like this. Look at the big name men's programs like Oklahoma and Texas with new head coaches and they are completely flipping their rosters. My guess that before doing this Holsinger has been working the portal and has some players ready to come. The portal and new NCAA transfer waiver is going to make this all more cut-throat throughout college basketball.

Change can be pretty difficult. Peoples lives are being affected, some for good, others not so much. My hope is that everyone grows from the experience because the road of life is full of routes that get unexpectedly changed. I believe there will be some major changes, and I think if Brian's goal is a winning program then some changes to personnel are required and inevitable. I believe everyone here only wants, and hopes for the best for all the young women involved in this "change process."

UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:
Without a doubt this is going to stir it up. It can either send a message or come to haunt him right away. Without the transfer portal I don't think he would not have the flexibility to do something like this. Look at the big name men's programs like Oklahoma and Texas with new head coaches and they are completely flipping their rosters. My guess that before doing this Holsinger has been working the portal and has some players ready to come. The portal and new NCAA transfer waiver is going to make this all more cut-throat throughout college basketball.

Yup. The portal is changing a lot of things. A scouting budget may become more important than a recruiting budget. Personally if there are big turnovers in hoops rosters every year, I will lose some interest college basketball (at the local level). I like to get to "know" teams and their players, and see them improve and grow over the years. I know that coaches evaluate players after seasons and spring ball in football, and tell some players that they aren't going to get much playing time or make it. But, for me, a new coach coming in, without having seen the players play or practice, and without getting to know them, is different. I don't support that. I am playerrep, not winatallcosts rep. The coach and Haslam can do what they want; and I will do what I want. It's a free country. It will be interesting to see the extent of the supposed cuts.

This is D1 college sports. This is not rec league.

The players are given a scholarship to help win games. If the team is not winning games then tough decisions need to be made.

Is it fair to the kids that have busted there butts and are still allegedly getting cut? No, but nothing in life is fair.

I also have no problem with kids transferring to different schools. Sometimes it is best to cut ties and move on.

PlayerRep said:

Will the team even notice you are gone?

Back