• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eddy Egun into Portal

HookedonGriz said:
Always loved his energy and his athleticism. Wish him well.

That makes 9 coming back and 3 new players.

As did I, also liked him a lot. Can't blame him at all for seeking a spot where he can play a bigger role. Best of luck, Mr. Egun.

I too loved him on the team. Can’t blame him. He has been a team player for three years. Coaching staff should have given more playing time this year. He played solid D and was the only player that could shoot worth a darn.

I'm not surprised. I'm not sure, why he didn't get more minutes. It seems to me, the team had a good plus minus when he played. At worse, good things happened when he was on the court.

I wish Eddy the best. I'll miss him.

mtgrizrule said:
I'm not surprised. I'm not sure, why he didn't get more minutes. It seems to me, the team had a good plus minus when he played. At worse, good things happened when he was on the court.

I wish Eddy the best. I'll miss him.

Agree with this. It just seemed like a numbers game and he was viewed as the 5th best guard. I always thought he was big and athletic enough to play some small ball at the 4. The only players that had a positive +/- this year were Owens, Parker and DCH (and Steadman but he missed the 3 EWU games). Egun's was the "best" out of the minus.

dayday said:
I too loved him on the team. Can’t blame him. He has been a team player for three years. Coaching staff should have given more playing time this year. He played solid D and was the only player that could shoot worth a darn.

Agree with most of this, but there were a lot of players that had a better FG% and 3P% than Egun. He did seem like a good shooter and I am a big believer in that even the best shooters need consistent playing time and the ability to shoot without fearing being taken out of the game.

Eddy has found a home at Regis College, a RMAC school in Colorado.

Wish Eddy the best, and I suspect he'll do well there.

Under the definitions of some of you, are Egun and Falls not D-I level players (as they now play in D-II)?

If I said they were D-I players, would that cause some of you to take the other side and say they are not D-I players?

PlayerRep said:
Under the definitions of some of you, are Egun and Falls not D-I level players (as they now play in D-II)?

If I said they were D-I players, would that cause some of you to take the other side and say they are not D-I players?

I would say that neither is currently on course to complete eligibility as a D-1 player. Make of that what you will.

PlayerRep said:

Pretty simple. They are D-II players. They are going to schools that are D-II, in conferences that are D-II. So they are therefore D-II players. If they would have transferred to D-I schools, or if they had stayed at Montana and continued to contribute significant minutes, they would be D-I players.
Now, if they stayed at Montana, sat at the end of the bench and the coaches did not play them significant minutes because they did not trust them to contribute positively, and, for sake of argument, played only 29 minutes and scored only 14 points for the entire season, I would say they were D-II players.

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

Pretty simple. They are D-II players. They are going to schools that are D-II, in conferences that are D-II. So they are therefore D-II players. If they would have transferred to D-I schools, or if they had stayed at Montana and continued to contribute significant minutes, they would be D-I players.
Now, if they stayed at Montana, sat at the end of the bench and the coaches did not play them significant minutes because they did not trust them to contribute positively, and, for sake of argument, played only 29 minutes and scored only 14 points for the entire season, I would say they were D-II players.

Just as I thought. You are clueless. There isn’t an argument that can be made that Falls is a D-II quality player. Had he made grades, he would likely have been a 4-year starter at D-I UM. Egun played a heck of a lot more than Momberg did as a frosh.

Are all the NFL players who played at D-II schools D-II quality players?

Is Walter Payton sub-D-I quality because he never played D-I?

PlayerRep said:
maroonandsilver said:

Just as I thought. You are clueless. There isn’t an argument that can be made that Falls is a D-II quality player. Had he made grades, he would likely have been a 4-year starter at D-I UM. Egun played a heck of a lot more than Momberg did as a frosh.

Are all the NFL players who played at D-II schools D-II quality players?

Is Walter Payton sub-D-I quality because he never played D-I?

I didn't say Timmy was a D-II "quality" player. I said he was attending, and soon to play, for a D-II basketball school. Therefor he is a D-II player. Had he stayed at UM and continued to contribute, he would have been a D-I player.

PlayerRep said:

Dude stop. Let the shit go. Here you go hijacking threads again. Timmy and Eddy are 10x any player that was cut from the LG. You just won’t stop. Damn

LittleBear said:
PlayerRep said:

Dude stop. Let the shit go. Here you go hijacking threads again. Timmy and Eddy are 10x any player that was cut from the LG. You just won’t stop. Damn

Sorry, buddy, I'm going to post what I want. Maybe you need to hit the road. It's the internet. This isn't hijacking a thread. It's continuing a discussion. If you don't want to participate, them get out of here.

Do you think I was asking Maroon if Falls, who is now at a D-II school, is now playing at a D-II school? Maroon is the one who may be hijacking the thread, with his/her dumb ass response.

What do you provide to the board? Any information or substance? Or, are you just another big mouth who provides nothing?

PlayerRep said:
LittleBear said:

Sorry, buddy, I'm going to post what I want. Maybe you need to hit the road. It's the internet. This isn't hijacking a thread. It's continuing a discussion. If you don't want to participate, them get out of here.

Do you think I was asking Maroon if Falls, who is now at a D-II school, is now playing at a D-II school? Maroon is the one who may be hijacking the thread, with his/her dumb ass response.

What do you provide to the board? Any information or substance? Or, are you just another big mouth who provides nothing?

Provide to the board???😂😂 dude what?? What do YOU provide lmao you post on egriz 5 times a day. Get a hobby. Get outside, maybe get a pet. For someone who has posted on this forum almost 30k times you don’t say shit. You make every thread about yourself. Shut up. You’re a clown. Go post on the #iamwith21 Facebook page. Stop making literally every thread about which LG get cut.

Back