• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Utah State head coach leaving. Temp Rollie back?

CleanHOUSE

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31146314/utah-state-basketball-coach-craig-smith-expected-take-job-utah-utes-sources-say

Maybe some Utah State guys decide to move on? Doubt Rollie would want to come back to lower level conference after having so much success though.

CleanHOUSE said:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31146314/utah-state-basketball-coach-craig-smith-expected-take-job-utah-utes-sources-say

Maybe some Utah State guys decide to move on? Doubt Rollie would want to come back to lower level conference after having so much success though.

Or maybe he goes to Utah with him?

UncleRico said:
CleanHOUSE said:

Or maybe he goes to Utah with him?

Actually I am getting official reports from my imagination that both Groves Brothers and Rollie are begging to transfer to the Griz and are even willing to play as walk-ons

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this. He may consider it. He’d be a star in the big sky and exactly what the Griz need, which is a guy at the 3/4 spot.

[/quote]

Actually I am getting official reports from my imagination that both Groves Brothers and Rollie are begging to transfer to the Griz and are even willing to play as walk-ons
[/quote]

Put down the pipe and back away! :lol:

Griz til I die said:
I thought the exact same thing when I saw this. He may consider it. He’d be a star in the big sky and exactly what the Griz need, which is a guy at the 3/4 spot.

Rollie is currently a point guard.

Griz til I die said:

I think the chances are sub zero.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz til I die said:

After his dust-up with Travis, I think chances are better he goes to MSU rather than UM.

maroonandsilver said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

After his dust-up with Travis, I think chances are better he goes to MSU rather than UM.
Dust-up? Did they actually get into an altercation or is Decuire just upset that he de-committed?

as i recollect from previous posts on the subject, Rollie wanted to play football his senior year and DeCuire wasn't having it...or something to that effect

tgreseth said:
as i recollect from previous posts on the subject, Rollie wanted to play football his senior year and DeCuire wasn't having it...or something to that effect

The story I heard had Rollie attending UM team football camp with Hellgate players prior to his senior year. This just happened to be at the time there was basketball camp or some other basketball activity. Travis found out when Rollie wasn’t at basketball and called a meeting to question Rollie’s commitment to basketball. Parents got involved, things escalated and Rollie de-committed. This was told to me a while ago so I may have missed a detail or two. Obviously, I can’t confirm this is actually what went down, but I trust my source. It seemed like both sides were disappointed with communication from the other.

Back