• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rose colored glasses

UncleRico

Maybe I am wrong but I am not in the "this season is a disaster" group. I have three sons and I cannot help but think of how much they matured and grew between the ages of 18-22. This group really is just a bunch of talented kids that are finding their way. All of the true freshman have had some pretty incredible moments at various points. They have also had to battle through some slumps. This is going to do nothing but make them better. A truly special group. As far as the Sophs go..Owens has shown incredible improvement. Not only offensively but also the amount of charges he has drawn really is incredible. Vasquez has shown he is a solid 3 point shooter that isn't afraid to take a big shot. He also defends well, can pass the ball and rebounds very well for his size. Egun is the ultimate team guy that brings energy and effort off the bench and he has shown that he can score. DJ has had a tough year with injuries. But we all saw what kind of player he is (and can be) last season. He is a tremendous competitor. I predict next year he will come back with a vengeance. Parker has been a fantastic addition. I think the Griz are better when he is on the court and he is unselfish and has a huge basketball IQ. Mack is a very good defensive player and a great team guy that gives maximum effort. I know they have blown some leads and looked shaky offensively in many games. But remember these are a lot of new parts that haven't played together before this season. It has been baptism by fire for these young guys for sure. But think about it long term you could have these guys going into their Jrs and Srs seasons having already played between 70-90 games together (if they take this year as a redshirt). Every game I watch that is what i see.

If the staff can find an Akoh-like post presence who actually wants to be here to help the front court things should look brighter next fall. The lads have taken more than their share of lumps this season, absolutely nothing went their way. I expect they will be motivated to erase the bad memories next year and a summer of playing together will help. Not like this program forgot what it takes to be successful.

Hoops watcher said:
If the staff can find an Akoh-like post presence who actually wants to be here to help the front court things should look brighter next fall. The lads have taken more than their share of lumps this season, absolutely nothing went their way. I expect they will be motivated to erase the bad memories next year and a summer of playing together will help. Not like this program forgot what it takes to be successful.

Agreed. Need to find a big presence for sure. And like you said 'That wants to be here."

Back