• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

part 2

Terrible shooting %
All the ticky tack fouls slow down the game so much, it makes it boring and hard to watch

Watching replay, I just don't get why Anderson gets so many fouls called on him. Every game he is in. Yet, hard to see fouls as often as the refs.

Big, fast quick guys WILL beat up on smaller, slower guys.

I think i will go clean bathrooms, read about this tomorrow.

Sadly, this team is getting worse as the season goes on...no urgency, no communication, over coaching, poor shot selection after over passing.....I wonder if any of our players will be leaving after this year. This has to be disheartening to players who came from consistently dominating schools.

Big Sage said:
Terrible shooting %
All the ticky tack fouls slow down the game so much, it makes it boring and hard to watch
Total of 24 fouls called between the two teams (13 on the Griz). That's more than one a minute, in case you hadn't noticed. No wonder the half took so long.

Another terrible effort by the Griz, especially on the boards: out-rebounded 40 to 18.

Haha this actually looks way worse than yesterday cause EWU isn't doing anything special and its 22pt game. EWU does not have anybody that looks like they are a cut above physically, Griz just aren't very good. Our D is getting exposed, we play hard and fundamentally sound on D, but its not like we are good at forcing turnovers, blocking shots, rebounding, or playing without fouling....I think most of our success comes from grinding out the shot clock on both ends, but if a guy really wants to get to the rim on us he is usually able to get there and get up a decent shot or get fouled.

IdaGriz01 said:
Big Sage said:
Terrible shooting %
Total of 24 fouls called between the two teams (13 on the Griz). That's more than one a minute, in case you hadn't noticed. No wonder the half took so long.

Another terrible effort by the Griz, especially on the boards: out-rebounded 40 to 18.

Rebounding is 22-10 which isn't that surprising with the lack of size and poor shooting for the Griz.

CleanHOUSE said:
Haha this actually looks way worse than yesterday cause EWU isn't doing anything special and its a 22 pt game. ... if a guy really wants to get to the rim on us he is usually able to get there and get up a decent shot or get fouled.
Good point. Just noticed that EWU only attempted one 3-pointer (which they made) in the entire half.

grizindabox said:
CleanHOUSE said:
EWU does not have anybody that looks like they are a cut above physically,

Really?

Yeah, do any of these guys look like they guys on USC? I don't see anyone like that, they all look like BigSky talent, good BigSky players but BigSky players

CleanHOUSE said:
grizindabox said:

Yeah, do any of these guys look like they guys on USC? I don't see anyone like that, they all look like BigSky talent, good BigSky players but BigSky players

They don't have to look like the guys on USC to be a cut above physically. There is no one on the Griz close to Groves and the Griz guards are the least physical guys on the court. There is a reason that Aikens, Robertson, and Meadows are controlling the game.

I don't see this team, as it is structured, with its very limited offensive plan, being much better next year, either. Several Big Sky schools are loaded with underclassmen.

Back