• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stedman Leaving

PlayerRep said:
Too much criticism on egriz?

If so it further confirms lack of any toughness. This staff invested a lot on this under performer. They better learn how to recruit some size that stays and plays. I'm no coach or scout but it took just a few minutes of watching this guy to sense he was not a "big" and was way overhyped. GRIZ DO NOT HAVE ONE D1 POWER FORWARD OR CENTER ON THEIR ROSTER . LETS START A 6'2" AND UNDER LEAGUE!!

Is it correct to assume his playing days are over as of immediately? Next up, Mac Anderson. I think we will be pleasantly surprised with his performance down the stretch. The balls in your court Mac. Do us proud.

At this point, you gotta kinda wonder if there's something going on in the locker room or with the coaching staff. I have never seen or heard of three players from the same team all transferring out of the program in the middle of the season. Something's got to be going on and I hope it is not with the coaching staff.

I wouldn't touch Steadman with a 10' pole. He is not a skilled big man and is not athletic enough to play on the wings. He is a dinosaur.

The days of a post player just having the size are over. Post players have to actually be players these days. If they are also big, that is a plus. The problem we all have is that every team in the country wants the guys who can play and are also big. We hope to develop them. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. :ugeek:

Maybe spending one week of below zero nights and single digit days, he thought "Nah, I'm out." :lol:

All kidding aside, I congratulate Michael on earning his degree and wish the young man best of luck in the future.

AZGrizFan said:
Wow. I at least thought he’d see it out to the end of the season.

Thats the frustrating part. If you want to transfer that is fine but don't just quit on the team with 4 weeks left on the season.

I liked Steadman. He was often very good. Not always. Even if he wasn't as good as some of you wanted or somebody's hype, he was still good. Probably didn't like his season low 12 minutes in the last Weber game. He will be missed.

dayday said:
AZGrizFan said:
Wow. I at least thought he’d see it out to the end of the season.

Thats the frustrating part. If you want to transfer that is fine but don't just quit on the team with 4 weeks left on the season.

My guess, this was a mutual conclusion between the player and the coach.

HelenaHandBasket said:
dayday said:

My guess, this was a mutual conclusion between the player and the coach.

Well, the current formula wasn’t working....I’m guessing his minutes were headed south.

I think any reasonable fan who watched a lot of Griz basketball this season could see this coming from a mile away. That guy is having some really awful body language in every game is played. You can almost see him not even wanting to be there. I am not surprised that he is moving on, and unfortunately I don’t think we will miss him that terribly.

I asked this question on twitter and I'll ask it here:

If this was the womens program last year and it was Schweyen, we would be clamoring about the culture of the program and the concerns about the staff. At what point do those questions about the women's program, become questions about the mens program?

There is just something off about this team this year. I wonder how much you can consistently place upon players. Again, just a question.

By not keeping up with the day to day, even month to month activities of MBB, what I see is a program falling apart. What they achieved last year, has devolved to what you all have described. Responsibility, is on TDC, deserved or not. :twocents:

Grizfan-24 said:

If this was the womens program last year and it was Schweyen, we would be clamoring about the culture of the program and the concerns about the staff. At what point do those questions about the women's program, become questions about the mens program?

There is just something off about this team this year. I wonder how much you can consistently place upon players. Again, just a question.

Yes, it is a fair question. Not sure how any of us can make a judgment. Maybe the AD does exit interviews with transferring players and could find some type of common thread other than playing time. I'm all for players ability to transfer, but these defections show the balance a coach must have with playing time and team wins and losses to keep players engaged and committed. If playing time is an indication of departure, it seems Eddy Egun and Henderson could be the next to go in the offseason. With so many freshman playing, the future doesn't look bright for minutes in the future for some guys.

Grizfan-24 said:

I think that as of now, TD still gets some benefit of the doubt that Schweyen didn't get just based on past results. A more telling story may reveal itself if members of the young core of this team start to look elsewhere after the season.

Back