• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Henderson

THE BETCH

DONOR
I may have missed something early on, but does anyone have info on Henderson and why he is not seeing any action?

I thought it was telling when , in the second Sac State game and we had completely run out of big guys due to fouls, he still wasn't put in, and our biggest guy in the game was Eddy Egun.

I asked essentially the same question a couple weeks ago and no one responded. I suppose because no one really knows.

Henderson hasn't gotten any playing time, to speak of, even in those mop-up moments when the Griz have had big leads against opponents.

He hasn't looked too enthused sitting on the bench.

Hope I'm wrong here. Usually, when DeCuire doesn't use players in mop up time, injures, and foul trouble, it's a sign. Usually, said player isn't returning next season, unless said player knows his role is limited. Henderson was expected to be a rotation contributor. He's not. Just an educated observation and guess.

mtgrizrule said:
Hope I'm wrong here. Usually, when DeCuire doesn't use players in mop up time, injures, and foul trouble, it's a sign. Usually, said player isn't returning next season, unless said player knows his role is limited. Henderson was expected to be a rotation contributor. He's not. Just an educated observation and guess.

Some guys are just destined to be practice bodies.

NUTZ said:
He and Egan have a really good dance routine they display after a good Griz play.
Speaking of Eddy, what's happened with him? He seemed to be getting time, and providing energy. He has not played at all in the last 4 games.

maroonandsilver said:
NUTZ said:
He and Egan have a really good dance routine they display after a good Griz play.
Speaking of Eddy, what's happened with him? He seemed to be getting time, and providing energy. He has not played at all in the last 4 games.

Very good point, he was shooting well.

fanofzoo said:
maroonandsilver said:

I’m guessing it has something to do with DCH’s return eating up minutes.

fanofzoo said:
maroonandsilver said:

He's 6'4". Too tall to play guard for the Griz.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz til I die said:
He's about to get his big chance.

Is he?
Well you would think if Anderson and Bannon find themselves in foul trouble that he would get some time, but I guess that's not a given. Logic would say so, but I know that when you get that far down the depth chart with Decuire, often times it's hard to get off.

Was good to see him on the court last night. Probably surprised him as much as anybody else when his number was called.

AZGrizFan said:
Was good to see him on the court last night. Probably surprised him as much as anybody else when his number was called.

He gave great energy while out, but a bit out of sync defensively. Super active but not really aware. I'll be interested to see how much more playing time he gets.

Back