• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Credit where Credit is due

Sport

I doubt that we as Grizzly Basketball fans will come to recognize just what an outstanding coach Travis has become during his tenure at Montana. As fans we are always quick to criticize the coaches, the players but to understand the emotional roller coaster especially during these difficult times pays testimony to just how Travis and his staff invest in these young men.
Although I did not see the first half it appears that our players came out on a mission and succeeded. Randy R at Weber is probably one of the most savvy and experienced coaches in mid major basketball. With all due respect TD owns him. It will be interesting to see what adjustments RR makes for Saturday. Stay tuned Griz fans.

I watched only the first half. My take was that the Griz played as they usually do, but with fewer mistakes and more good plays. Fewer TO. Solid rebounding. Fewer dumb fouls. Many good decisions.

Good D with only a few lapses. There was no difference between starters and subs. All played hard and well.

Team shot fine or well. But I didn’t think they were shooting the lights out.

Impressive win.

Griz shooting over 60% in second half and 50% on treys for the game was huge. They also held WSU to about 15 points under their average. Hopefully they gained some much needed confidence in this game. It was the most solid win of the season!! Go Griz!! :thumb:

Owens you keep shooting the ball and I don't care if it is the most awkward looking form ever.

Talked with Timmy, years ago now about that and he said "well it goes in". OK

PlayerRep said:
I watched only the first half. My take was that the Griz played as they usually do, but with fewer mistakes and more good plays. Fewer TO. Solid rebounding. Fewer dumb fouls. Many good decisions.

Good D with only a few lapses. There was no difference between starters and subs. All played hard and well.

Impressive win.

So you’re overall synopsis is the Griz played like usual, without making all the mistakes they usually make😊.

If you’d told me Whitney was 1-9, Vazquez was 1-3, DCH was 1-6 and Beasley was 2-7, I’d have said there was no WAY we won the game.

AZGrizFan said:
If you’d told me Whitney was 1-9, Vazquez was 1-3, DCH was 1-6 and Beasley was 2-7, I’d have said there was no WAY we won the game.
Yep. Absolutely amazing.

Luckily, those miserable performances were offset by Bannan at 6-6, Parker at 6-7, and Owens at 11-16. And that was mostly straight-ahead shooting. The Griz were only credited with 7 offensive rebounds, so the made shots were not easy put-backs.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

Impressive win.

So you’re overall synopsis is the Griz played like usual, without making all the mistakes they usually make😊.

Yes. The significant improvement on mistakes was was very large, though. Also, Owens great game and good shooting by a couple others improved shoring percentage and offset some poor individual shooting. I didn’t notice new offensive or defensive sets or fundamental changes. Maybe I missed those. Note that I saw only the first half.

What do you think?

AZGrizFan said:

Think of the position were in, those four guys are down but we come through with Owens (ride that horse), Parker and Bannan...that makes SEVEN people that could erupt at any time.

WOW

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Yes. The significant improvement on mistakes was was very large, though. Also, Owens great game and good shooting by a couple others improved shoring percentage and offset some poor individual shooting. I didn’t notice new offensive or defensive sets or fundamental changes. Maybe I missed those. Note that I saw only the first half.

What do you think?

I think playing against PSU has made the rest of the league easier to play offense against for one. That and Owens was lights out. He coulda put in 40 if not for the sprained ankle and sharing the ball.

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:

What do you think?

Better execution on O, patience and better shot selection (didn't see many "my turn" shots) only a couple dumb, unforced TO's. Parker made it happen on a tough night for Whitney, great game by him shooting and dishing. Owens couldn't miss but Parker was the man last night. Big factor was Weebs couldn't buy a three. Doubtful that happens again, they will be tough to double up, looks like any one of their guys can go for 20 on a good night. Why not though, go Griz.

Back