• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trouble? Trouble right here in River City?

Sport

In my 7 years years of watching “Travis Ball” I don’t think I’ve seen two back/back performances as discombobulated as these two PS games. I’m wondering if there isn’t some underlying personality issues going on between the staff and maybe a couple of the players? I have no rumors to dispel but we know Travis runs a tight ship. I realize this is a most unusual year for a multiple of reasons but it’s not unique to college basketball and other teams seem to be adjusting. I can see Travis is trying to identify his rotation but there seems to be a lack of continuity regardless of who is on the floor. I love our two freshmen guard’s but they seem to be lost most of the time and then they dribble around with no place to go and shoot desperation shots at the buzzer. Kyle Owens has pretty much disappeared the last few games, Stedman runs hot and cold and Mac didn’t even play today and he started Thursday’s game. I don’t even want to speculate but I will are there issues within the staff?
We’re about a month away from the tournament and my observations to this point are not very hopeful. I’m hoping Travis, the staff and the team can come together, if not it’s going to be a long off season.

I think at this point, everybody’s just frustrated. They know they got a talented team, and they let a couple slip away earlier in the season, and now I just think they have no confidence. And there’s definitely no issues between the staff. If anything, it would be issues between the players, but who knows? We’ll get through this and come out stronger on the other side next season. Guaranteed!

MikeyGriz said:
Winning would cure a lot of these ills. Even if they were close wins.

At this point, the win column doesn’t matter until the big sky tourney. No way we get a top 4 seed so might as well focus on development of the young team with the hopes of catching lightening in a bottle and winning 4 in a row in 4 days. Crazier things have happened...

There is a silver lining to this covid bullshit. No fans in the stands means pissed off fans won't get to walk out, or not show up at all. and the dwindling fan base won't be physically seen, or unseen as the case may be. :eek: I haven't been to a game since Michael Ray Richardsons time, so I, personally, am not missing anything. For those in the know, how many fans do you think would show up, if they could. Just curious. Compared to last years performance, this doesn't seem like a bump in the road. More like a dive off a cliff, Wile E. Coyote style. :twocents:

tourist said:
There is a silver lining to this covid bullshit. No fans in the stands means pissed off fans won't get to walk out, or not show up at all. and the dwindling fan base won't be physically seen, or unseen as the case may be. :eek: I haven't been to a game since Michael Ray Richardsons time, so I, personally, am not missing anything. For those in the know, how many fans do you think would show up, if they could. Just curious. Compared to last years performance, this doesn't seem like a bump in the road. More like a dive off a cliff, Wile E. Coyote style. :twocents:

Attendance would be the same or close. They didn't get casual fans pre-Kung Flu.

Latest posts

Back