• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Georgia Thread

citygriz

Griz 11-point dogs.

Ken Pom Ratings: Georgia 92; Montana 161.

Question: Did Kyle Owens learn from Sayeed Pridgett last year? I just remembered that nice drop step he executed against a hapless Southern Utah defender in the low post. Sayeed was brilliant at that.

I posted this in the TV thread, but it's more suitable here.

This IMO, is a very winnable game. Georgia was picked 13th out of 14 teams in the SEC. Even last year with Anthony Edwards they were towards the bottom of the league. And we even have a little bit of familiarity with their staff as former msu head coach Brian Fish is an assistant on Georgia's staff.

We talked about how Georgia is a very physical team, so we'll need Steadman and Owens to continue doing what they've been doing and stay out of foul trouble. Same with Andersen, and it will help greatly if Henderson is able to go tonight. Let's see if Vazquez and Parker can keep up the hot shooting from behind the arc, cause we may very well need that tonight to win this game if we keep getting bullied inside. Also, hopefully DJ and Satterwhite will be back tonight, and possibly even Beasley.

I see this game playing out very much like the Ole Miss game did a few years ago where we had every chance in the world to win the game, but couldn't quite pull it off. As long as we do what we did against USC for the final 30 minutes and not the first 10 minutes, then we will have a good shot of pulling off the upset in this one.

Griz til I die said:

This IMO, is a very winnable game. Georgia was picked 13th out of 14 teams in the SEC. Even last year with Anthony Edwards they were towards the bottom of the league. And we even have a little bit of familiarity with their staff as former msu head coach Brian Fish is an assistant on Georgia's staff.

We talked about how Georgia is a very physical team, so we'll need Steadman and Owens to continue doing what they've been doing and stay out of foul trouble. Same with Andersen, and it will help greatly if Henderson is able to go tonight. Let's see if Vazquez and Parker can keep up the hot shooting from behind the arc, cause we may very well need that tonight to win this game if we keep getting bullied inside. Also, hopefully DJ and Satterwhite will be back tonight, and possibly even Beasley.

I see this game playing out very much like the Ole Miss game did a few years ago where we had every chance in the world to win the game, but couldn't quite pull it off. As long as we do what we did against USC for the final 30 minutes and not the first 10 minutes, then we will have a good shot of pulling off the upset in this one.
Bad take. So far, GA has beaten their opponents by an average of 22 points. They have one of the top guards in the country emerging in Wheeler. And they heavily out rebound their opponents.

Slow start for Griz. Georgia had 6 more fast break points (6!!) in the first minute than griz have in 3+ games!

We look so slow on the board especially giving up offensive boards. Look like little leaguers the way we just let the other team grab all their misses

UMFan12 said:
Griz til I die said:

Bad take. So far, GA has beaten their opponents by an average of 22 points. They have one of the top guards in the country emerging in Wheeler. And they heavily out rebound their opponents.
Florida A&M, North Georgia, Jacksonville. The Griz would beat any one of those teams by 20+. Therefore, fair take.

Rebounds 15-22. Steadman 5. O rebounds 1-8. Steadman has 3 blocks. Has 1 shot and 0 points.

TO 13-10. Whitney and Bannan with 5 and 4

Shooting 37.5% Whitney 1-4 Parker 0-4 Georgia shooting 42%. 2-9 from 3.

Fouls 9-6

4-7 from 3. Egun 3-3. Owens with 10 points.

This team has to collectively have the worst “hands” I’ve ever seen on a Griz team... EVERYONE is fumble fingers...and it’s not been just this game....

Steadman will develop once he hits the weights in a couple offseasons and is able to hold his position inside without getting pushed around and traveling. He's a freshman right?

A Georgia player has 11 rebounds, including 5 O.

Think announcer just said 17 points off TO for Geo. Stats say 12.

UM has 16 TO.

Mousegriz said:
Steadman will develop once he hits the weights in a couple offseasons and is able to hold his position inside without getting pushed around and traveling. He's a freshman right?

redshirt senior

TrueGriz said:
Mousegriz said:

redshirt senior

You were close, Mouse... :lol:

I get we’re about to be 0-4, but this teams’ body language is horrid. They bitch about every call (must be reading eGriz), they piss and moan instead of getting after the ball, the give up a shitload of long rebounds....this doesn’t look (yet) like a TD-coached team.

Latest posts

Back