• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Timmy Falls steps away from Griz hoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the story...

Although he will not play for Montana this upcoming season, Falls has not entered the NCAA Transfer Portal nor officially retired from college basketball. One source said there is a chance he could return for a fifth and final season in 2021. Falls still has a redshirt to use at Montana.

During the most recent off-season, Montana’s roster has seen a slew of additions at the guard positions. Last fall, UM signed Robby Beasley and Brandon Whitney, a pair of explosive guards from Southern California. In recent months, Montana also landed Sacred Heart transfer Cameron Parker and NAU transfer Cameron Satterwhite, each who have extensive starting experience at the Division I level.

Former Utah guard Naseem Gaskin sat out last season at Montana and is expected to compete for time in the backcourt with the newcomers along with returning sophomores Josh Vazquez and Eddie Egun.

Not surprising considering the rumors/reports that he had lost his scholly. Would make a lot of sense to use this year to finish his degree at UM and then consider his basketball opportunities in 2021 when hopefully COVID isn't an issue and he won't need a waiver to play; or maybe he just wants a break after a frustrating turn of events. Either way I wish him luck and feel for him.

I thought he had a role to play on this team but Parker being eligible plus Decuire (allegedly) pulling his ride makes it pretty clear that the staff wasn't really leaning that way.

Damn, he was fun to watch and played well in the NCAA tourney against power 5 teams. But the backcourt for this 2020 team, whew, loaded is an understatement.

DPGriz said:
Not surprising considering the rumors/reports that he had lost his scholly. Would make a lot of sense to use this year to finish his degree at UM and then consider his basketball opportunities in 2021 when hopefully COVID isn't an issue and he won't need a waiver to play; or maybe he just wants a break after a frustrating turn of events. Either way I wish him luck and feel for him.

I thought he had a role to play on this team but Parker being eligible plus Decuire (allegedly) pulling his ride makes it pretty clear that the staff wasn't really leaning that way.

2nd paragraph is the driver but first paragraph makes a ton of sense. Take his RS, finish his degree, and then go play wherever he’s wanted. The odds of a complete season this year are slim to none, and given the way LAST year finished, that’d be a bitter pill to swallow two years in a row.

For those of you who thought Timmy voluntarily gave up his scholarship for the good of the team, I will tell you that is just not the case. He screwed up once again. Now he is stepping away from Griz basketball. You have to wonder if this was his choice.
Timmy has been an exciting player and we all love his flair and dash. Unfortunately, he brings those same qualities into the rest of his life, and that isn't working so well. Time to grow up, Tim!

Can't say that this comes as a surprise to me
He sees the talent in the backcourt this coming year, which will probably mean a reduced role similar to two years ago.
Plus losing his scholarship this upcoming year and he saw the writing on the wall.

@maroonandsilver you are all class. In life there are obstacles and hurdles that we all must face
And overcome wishing timmy nothing but the best as well as montana basketball moving forward. GO GRIZZ

maroonandsilver said:
For those of you who thought Timmy voluntarily gave up his scholarship for the good of the team, I will tell you that is just not the case. He screwed up once again. Now he is stepping away from Griz basketball. You have to wonder if this was his choice.
Timmy has been an exciting player and we all love his flair and dash. Unfortunately, he brings those same qualities into the rest of his life, and that isn't working so well. Time to grow up, Tim!

How did he "screw up once again"? Or, did he "screw up once again?"

I'm sad. I loved watching him play.

Well, that sucks. I hope the door is open for him to return after this season. He's been a great part if the Griz. Loved his play!

Put me in the Timmy Falls fan club. He is a competitive hard nose kid that without a doubt made the Griz better. I loved watching him play. I hope people refrain from bad mouthing a 21 year kid on here.

His flashy play was great but we will really miss his defense. Timmy became a lock down defender this past season.

Wishing all the best to Timmy & his family at this point. Education first, and if that can be facilitated with a redshirt season, here's hoping he can reach out to those who can help (because I believe there are many willing to do so). I also know there are many Griz fans who'll support Timmy, regardless of the direction he takes from here.

I'm quite shocked to see Timmy Falls leaving the program. Dude could ball out, especially on defense.

I really hope this isn't the end of the road for him, because he still has a redshirt to use plus his last year of eligibility.

Paytonlives said:
From the story...

Although he will not play for Montana this upcoming season, Falls has not entered the NCAA Transfer Portal nor officially retired from college basketball. One source said there is a chance he could return for a fifth and final season in 2021. Falls still has a redshirt to use at Montana.

During the most recent off-season, Montana’s roster has seen a slew of additions at the guard positions. Last fall, UM signed Robby Beasley and Brandon Whitney, a pair of explosive guards from Southern California. In recent months, Montana also landed Sacred Heart transfer Cameron Parker and NAU transfer Cameron Satterwhite, each who have extensive starting experience at the Division I level.

Former Utah guard Naseem Gaskin sat out last season at Montana and is expected to compete for time in the backcourt with the newcomers along with returning sophomores Josh Vazquez and Eddie Egun.

I wonder if this situation is being mis-analyzed. While I haven't read the Skyline article, I would focus on the first para above, and not entering the portal, redshirt year, and possibility of returning, along with maroonandsilver's comment: "He screwed up once again" and grizjournal's post. Also, we already knew that he didn't have a scholarship.

I would think about whether he will be working on his academics for a year.

I have been told that online learning was hard on many kids, including some athletes.

I wonder if a better headline would have been: "Falls will redshirt to focus on academics".

Just a thought. I will do some more checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back