• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Got to Love DeCuire

:lol: yeah, and UCLA-Arizona aren't even in the same state. I would think UA-ASU and UCLA-Stanford, etc. would mean more to the fanbases most years.

And while Kansas-KSU is intrastate, who decided to name the rivalry "The Sunflower Showdown?" That elicits connotations about the same amount of power as "Pedestrian Pillowfight" or "Pansy Pettifog", if you want to stay in the flower wheelhouse. Surely, using the state animal, bird, gemstone, etc. would've been better than the state flower.

Also,
Kansas has dominated the all-time series and leads the men's basketball series 198–94 following the most recent game on January 21, 2020. This is the most victories by one school over another in NCAA Division I men's basketball.[3] Kansas has led in the all-time series since 1922, and since 1984, Kansas leads the series 81–12.
is more lopsided than UM beating MSU 19 of the last 20 meetings or something like that.

DoubleNicks said:
:lol: yeah, and UCLA-Arizona aren't even in the same state. I would think UA-ASU and UCLA-Stanford, etc. would mean more to the fanbases most years.

And while Kansas-KSU is intrastate, who decided to name the rivalry "The Sunflower Showdown?" That elicits connotations about the same amount of power as "Pedestrian Pillowfight" or "Pansy Pettifog", if you want to stay in the flower wheelhouse. Surely, using the state animal, bird, gemstone, etc. would've been better than the state flower.

Also,
Kansas has dominated the all-time series and leads the men's basketball series 198–94 following the most recent game on January 21, 2020. This is the most victories by one school over another in NCAA Division I men's basketball.[3] Kansas has led in the all-time series since 1922, and since 1984, Kansas leads the series 81–12.
is more lopsided than UM beating MSU 19 of the last 20 meetings or something like that.

Thank you for making my day, damn doesn't that sound sweet. Although it's it's on course to get much better.

I Live in TX and follow the Big 12 very closely (kids attend TTU) and I have NEVER heard the KU/KSU game referred to as the “sunflower” anything.....

UofA - ASU is unquestionably a bigger rivalry then vs any other school for either team. Not close. Those schools really hate each other.

AZGrizFan said:
I Live in TX and follow the Big 12 very closely (kids attend TTU) and I have NEVER heard the KU/KSU game referred to as the “sunflower” anything.....

Oh, but it is. I have family members who are KU graduates, and I have frequently heard the term "Sunflower Classic."

'68griz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Oh, but it is. I have family members who are KU graduates, and I have frequently heard the term "Sunflower Classic."

I’ll defer. But never heard it.

Back