• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz Pick Up Two Transfers From Down Under

go96griz

They picked up another 3-point shooter and good sized guard that is available for next year and a center by way of Iowa State that will sit out next season due to transfer rules.

https://gogriz.com/news/2020/5/4/womens-basketball-lady-griz-look-down-under-for-newcomers.aspx

go96griz said:
They picked up another 3-point shooter and good sized guard that is available for next year and a center by way of Iowa State that will sit out next season due to transfer rules.

https://gogriz.com/news/2020/5/4/womens-basketball-lady-griz-look-down-under-for-newcomers.aspx

this is great news and first hand? that's a hopeful trend...

It’s been said on this board that Kylie Frohlich intends to leave the transfer portal and return to the LG next season. No confirmation from the program, but she’s still listed on the roster on go Griz. If she does leave, that would even up the returners and commits and the 15 available scholarships. Still no word on the status of the Schweyen sisters.

I find it interesting that the staff added a big who will redshirting coming year. That means that the staff was more interested in protecting the program's future than finding a big who could play this year and thus do more to protect their jobs. Gotta respect that move.

717s7e said:
I find it interesting that the staff added a big who will redshirting coming year. That means that the staff was more interested in protecting the program's future than finding a big who could play this year and thus do more to protect their jobs. Gotta respect that move.

If Haslam does what he says he is going to do (skeptical on this), there will be a national search for a new coach next year, which means the transfer that has to redshirt due to transfer rules MAY not be able to play for the coach that recruited her. I am also assuming the player knows that and thus appears to be coming here due to the program and not the coach.

It has to be brutally difficult for an "interim" coach to recruit for the future.

bearister said:
It’s been said on this board that Kylie Frohlich intends to leave the transfer portal and return to the LG next season. No confirmation from the program, but she’s still listed on the roster on go Griz. If she does leave, that would even up the returners and commits and the 15 available scholarships. Still no word on the status of the Schweyen sisters.

I, personally, would not allow Frohlich to return,period. It sets a dangerous precedent.

Latest posts

Back