• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Transfers

tgreseth

DONOR
There's been a lot of player movement over the last few weeks. A few that I'd like to see in a Griz uni...
Berne Andre, Cam Satterwhite, Carlos Hines from NAU
Cole Nicholson from UNC
maybe Zeke Quinlan from the katz

Interesting list - if you keep track of where they end up, please let us know.

I didn't see you at Boise for the early games. Did you go? Or, did you go and left when the Griz didn't get to play. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip - I wish there was a more or less designated area for Griz fans so we could get to meet each other rather than being scattered around the arena. Perhaps there was such an area but I didn't see it.

How about Balint Mocsan of Idaho State? Outside shooting is a pretty big need with Manuel and Samuelson gone so he'd be a big lift there.

We are involved in the recruitment of Hawaii grad transfer 6'3" PG Drew Buggs, avg 9.4pts 4.5reb 5.3ast per game. Terrible shooting percentages but must have a lot of other intangibles because numerous schools are after him.

717s7e said:
Interesting list - if you keep track of where they end up, please let us know.

I didn't see you at Boise for the early games. Did you go? Or, did you go and left when the Griz didn't get to play. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip - I wish there was a more or less designated area for Griz fans so we could get to meet each other rather than being scattered around the arena. Perhaps there was such an area but I didn't see it.
I arrived Thursday morning ready to watch and was literally walking to the arena when one of our party saw the conference announcement that the rest of the tourney was cancelled. I'm hopeful that next year's tournament goes off as scheduled. I'll be there and look forward to meeting other Griz fans!

DPGriz said:
How about Balint Mocsan of Idaho State? Outside shooting is a pretty big need with Manuel and Samuelson gone so he'd be a big lift there.

Yep, add him to the list!

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
GoldStandardGriz said:
We are involved in the recruitment of Hawaii grad transfer 6'3" PG Drew Buggs, avg 9.4pts 4.5reb 5.3ast per game. Terrible shooting percentages but must have a lot of other intangibles because numerous schools are after him.
His D stats, steals, rebounding are solid: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/drew-buggs-1.html

87 starts in 91 career games for Hawaii in 3 years (all winning seasons) is what jumps out at me. He has a lot of D1 experience for sure.

Zirg said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
GoldStandardGriz said:
His D stats, steals, rebounding are solid: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/drew-buggs-1.html

87 starts in 91 career games for Hawaii in 3 years (all winning seasons) is what jumps out at me. He has a lot of D1 experience for sure.
Yep, a lot of schools have jumped into the mix for him (ie. Gonzaga, San Diego St, Iowa St, New Mex, Xavier, Arkansas, Cal, Temple, and on....), suggesting he does indeed bring a lot more to the table than shooting percentages. Would've been nice, but it looks like we've already got our guy in Satterwhite anyways.

Holland Woods in the portal, he was probably the best Big Sky player with eligibility left (Belo, Davidson, and others are in the conversation) and will be coveted nationally. PSU was already losing a lot this year so they're in for a rough year unless a bunch of new faces step up.

DPGriz said:
Holland Woods in the portal, he was probably the best Big Sky player with eligibility left (Belo, Davidson, and others are in the conversation) and will be coveted nationally. PSU was already losing a lot this year so they're in for a rough year unless a bunch of new faces step up.
Yep, that's a interesting move for sure. Peery was a candidate for the U of Portland position and didn't get it. I wonder if his throwing in for the position prompted this move (and a few others) from the PSU team...

DPGriz said:

Woods hasn't eliminated the possibility of returning to PSU, I guess. I didn't know that was an option once you enter the portal.

Zirg said:
DPGriz said:

Woods hasn't eliminated the possibility of returning to PSU, I guess. I didn't know that was an option once you enter the portal.

Boo Boo's going to Arizona State...might have to sit a year.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Zirg said:

ESPN sports ticker just showed, he has to sit out a year.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Zirg said:

I will not miss seeing him next year. But good on him for going to ASU.

PeauxRouge said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:

I will not miss seeing him next year. But good on him for going to ASU.

Neither will TImmy Falls. Woods was his biggest nemesis. Woods always seemed to have big games against the Griz, including his career high 39 points (including 21-21 FT) in January. He scored 18, 20, 28 &39 pts vs the Griz the last 2 yrs and Falls had 3,4,4&4 fouls in those 4 games, almost all drawn by Woods

Zirg, thanks for looking up that information. I am grateful for any hoop news. By the way, from attending quite a few Lady Griz practice sessions, I think you will find Mike Petrino to be a 1st class kind of guy. But, I agree that his coaching ability is unproven at this level.

Back