• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Alex Germer to the katz

tgreseth

DONOR
katz verbal...

I'm a bit surprised given the family connection that this hasn't already been posted?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/missoula-sentinel-junior-alex-germer-carves-own-path-in-committing/article_afe2f1ce-55de-5f98-a094-fef337ccbbf9.amp.html&ved=2ahUKEwiEjqzS7r7oAhUUH80KHYURCh0QyM8BMAJ6BAgJEAw&usg=AOvVaw0O1vzkEAhf0ryZ1xxcYXLz&ampcf=1
According to this article he was on Montana radar, as well a few others. Good for him. Stay in state and get a free education.

PeauxRouge said:
Was he on the Griz radar at all? I'm assuming not.

Even if he was I'm assuming he's a smart kid and they very well could have a better department in the academic discipline he wants to study in. Congrats to him, always good to see a Montana kid get a D1 ride.

PeauxRouge said:

No offer from the Griz and don’t believe one was coming. Good player for sure but the talent level of the Griz is just a different level right now.

HookedonGriz said:
PeauxRouge said:

No offer from the Griz and don’t believe one was coming. Good player for sure but the talent level of the Griz is just a different level right now.
This is where I’m at as well. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great player and for sure deserving of D1 interest, but for the Griz, who will have just 2 scholarships open for next season recruiting, to use one on Germer given the talent level we’ve been attracting recently wouldn’t be the brightest idea, given we’ve already had some CO 2021 visits of guys Id love to see in a Griz uni.(mainly Cole Anderson out of Cali)

PeauxRouge said:

I don't think he was.

My understanding was that he's always planned to play hoops in college and it was pretty clear that there was no availability for him on the Griz roster. I could be wrong but he may also be going to bozo because of his intended major as well.

HookedonGriz said:
PeauxRouge said:

You never know.... Mack Anderson averaged 3 points a game his Junior Year, and then blew up his senior year. He seems to be working out alright for you guys this year. Hard to say a Junior in High School has no place on a team 2 years from now.

Had to edit this... I had him down for 5 points a game...

SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:
PeauxRouge said:

You never know.... Mack Anderson averaged 3 points a game his Junior Year, and then blew up his senior year. He seems to be working out alright for you guys this year. Hard to say a Junior in High School has no place on a team 2 years from now.

Had to edit this... I had him down for 5 points a game...

My comments weren’t to take anything away from Alex. He will be one of the best players in the state of MT next year. My bigger point is the Griz will only have a couple of scholarships to work with after next year and they are bringing in talent from Cali and Washington that would be nuts to pass on. It’s on a different level is all.

Back