• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Transfer Portal Q & A

Sport

I haven’t been paying much attention to the do’s and don’t’s as it relates to the transfer portal.But after reading that 2 bobcats have done the deed and Yegi of the Griz have chosen that route what are the rules regarding this move? I realize Samuelson came as a grad transfer but what about underclassmen? Is there an open period defined by dates or could they decide to transfer up until fall practice starts? I realize grad transfer and the transfer portal are different animals. Does a coaching change open any doors that making transferring easier? Do transfers going through the transfer portal based on a coach leaving have a bearing on eligibility immediately?
I realize I’ve gotten a bit long winded here but one question leads to another. My apologies in advance.

Sport said:
I haven’t been paying much attention to the do’s and don’t’s as it relates to the transfer portal.But after reading that 2 bobcats have done the deed and Yegi of the Griz have chosen that route what are the rules regarding this move? I realize Samuelson came as a grad transfer but what about underclassmen? Is there an open period defined by dates or could they decide to transfer up until fall practice starts? I realize grad transfer and the transfer portal are different animals. Does a coaching change open any doors that making transferring easier? Do transfers going through the transfer portal based on a coach leaving have a bearing on eligibility immediately?
I realize I’ve gotten a bit long winded here but one question leads to another. My apologies in advance.
The NCAA is considering, and likely will pass this April, legislation that will make a lot of your questions moot. It will allow every athlete one transfer without having to sit out a year (provided they are academically eligible, not in trouble etc.). I'm told if this legislation is passed, it will be immediately effective, meaning anybody meeting the standards established by the legislation can transfer this spring and be immediately eligible.

Sport said:

1 other bobcat just announced entering the transfer portal making it a total of 3 bobcats transferring.

Bengal visitor said:
Sport said:
The NCAA is considering, and likely will pass this April, legislation that will make a lot of your questions moot. It will allow every athlete one transfer without having to sit out a year (provided they are academically eligible, not in trouble etc.). I'm told if this legislation is passed, it will be immediately effective, meaning anybody meeting the standards established by the legislation can transfer this spring and be immediately eligible.

Yegi has already played in back-to-back seasons for 2 differnt D1 schools, so I doubt he'd be allowed to make it 3 in 3 years. I'm sure he's looking at dropping down a level anyways.

Back