• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Tourney - Cancelled

Griz2k

DONOR
With the NCAA saying only essential personnel and family will be allowed to attend tournament games, what does that mean for the remaining Big Sky games? Are they immediately obligated to keep fans out?

Griz2k said:
With the NCAA saying only essential personnel and family will be allowed to attend tournament games, what does that mean for the remaining Big Sky games? Are they immediately obligated to keep fans out?
From the wording of the announcement, that may well be the case. However, they may mean only the NCAA playoffs themselves.

IdaGriz01 said:
Griz2k said:
From the wording of the announcement, that may well be the case the case. However, they may mean only the NCAA playoffs themselves.

Ya, I was doing little more research and it sounds like this decision does not affect the conference tournaments. Sounds like that's up to the individual conferences.

Griz2k said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Griz2k said:
From the wording of the announcement, that may well be the case the case. However, they may mean only the NCAA playoffs themselves.
Ya, I was doing little more research and it sounds like this decision does not affect the conference tournaments. Sounds like that's up to the individual conferences.
Well, my first impression was that individual conferences would make their own decisions, based -- more or less -- on local conditions. We'll see how it finally plays out.

Fortunately with the historically sparse crowds at the Big Sky Tournament, probably not an issue.

mtgriz said:
Fortunately with the historically sparse crowds at the Big Sky Tournament, probably not an issue.
My thought too. At the America East tournament, they have a setup to limit the number of tickets honored, so the spectators can spread out (keep to the people they know). Really ... I'm not making this up! I'd say we already have that, with no special arrangements. ;)

grizindabox said:
Rumors are swirling that the college basketball season will end tonight.

2020, the year viral pneumonia shutdown the world. What a colossally stupid panic.

It means the Big Sky Tournament could lead the NCAA in attendance, the first bright spot since not letting the regular season champ host.

FireGriz said:
grizindabox said:
Rumors are swirling that the college basketball season will end tonight.

2020, the year viral pneumonia shutdown the world. What a colossally stupid panic.

It truly is and shows how despicable our "leadership" on both sides are to use this for political gain. A virtue signaling contest that could have hugely negative, world wide economic consequences.

With the contagion rate, the virulence of this virus, and the preliminary evidence that this stuff is 10 times deadlier than the common flu, I can certainly understand the decision to error on the side of caution.

I am not sure I would attend the NCAA tournament this year. On the other hand to suggest closing down the MLB and potentially other outdoor sports may be taking it too far.

Gaeilge1 said:
With the contagion rate, the virulence of this virus, and the preliminary evidence that this stuff is 10 times deadlier than the common flu, I can certainly understand the decision to error on the side of caution.

I am not sure I would attend the NCAA tournament this year. On the other hand to suggest closing down the MLB and potentially other outdoor sports may be taking it too far.

Look at who's dying from this virus: the elderly with compromised immune systems. Those under 60 have a 98% recovery rate.

It's not dangerous to the vast majority of the population. Halting public gatherings isn't going to have any impact on the spread of this either. The Chinese took far more draconian measures regarding quarantine and the effects, as much as they can be extrapolated from the information that was massaged by the communists, were negligible.

Canceling these events and others worldwide isn't erring on the side of caution, it's making a huge mountain of negative consequences out of a molehill.

FireGriz said:
Gaeilge1 said:

Look at who's dying from this virus: the elderly with compromised immune systems. Those under 60 have a 98% recovery rate.

It's not dangerous to the vast majority of the population. Halting public gatherings isn't going to have any impact on the spread of this either. The Chinese took far more draconian measures regarding quarantine and the effects, as much as they can be extrapolated from the information that was massaged by the communists, were negligible.

Canceling these events and others worldwide isn't erring on the side of caution, it's making a huge mountain of negative consequences out of a molehill.

Another moron.

FireGriz said:
Gaeilge1 said:

You do realize that a big part is the pressure it is putting on health providers and their ability to handle the outbreak.

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanHoops
now
Big Sky meeting now, per source. Will have a decision soon n it’s tourney.

grizindabox said:
Jeff Goodman @GoodmanHoops
now
Big Sky meeting now, per source. Will have a decision soon n it’s tourney.

Assuming it's all over but the shouting now.

Back