• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Replays

Sport

Due to extenuating circumstances stances I was unable to watch last Thursday’s beat down in Cheney. Is there a site to watch a replay of that and other Griz games?

https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx

It is usually on this site, but I don't see it posted yet. I usually filter by Men's Basketball and then you can bit the back arrow below that to go to the previous week. But it says there aren't any replays for that week yet. They are terribly slow to get them up, if ever...

PeauxRouge said:

It is usually on this site, but I don't see it posted yet. I usually filter by Men's Basketball and then you can bit the back arrow below that to go to the previous week. But it says there aren't any replays for that week yet. They are terribly slow to get them up, if ever...
I think when I've inquired about this in the past, it is up to the hosting school to post / upload the video to watch big sky. So, if something happened during the upload or for some reason EWU isn't able to upload the video - you're probably sol.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
PeauxRouge said:

I think when I've inquired about this in the past, it is up to the hosting school to post / upload the video to watch big sky. So, if something happened during the upload or for some reason EWU isn't able to upload the video - you're probably sol.
They don't want anybody to see that. :lol:

fanofzoo said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
PeauxRouge said:

They don't want anybody to see that. :lol:

Hah, right? :lol: I know I really wanted to see the Idaho game from last year (the game @Idaho - where Mack had a great game). The game was loaded after a couple days, but it only replayed the first few minutes. A couple days later it was taken down because the whole video failed when it was loaded.

These replays STILL aren't up. It's such a f*cking joke. And don't believe the shit the bsc brass tells you about it being "up to the local team" to provide the replay. NONE of the games from that week are available, including the LG home game.

This is what pisses me off about the bsc, all in a nutshell: the lack of accountability, the lack of credibility, and the lack of caring even the least about their fan base.

Hey, rich fat cats at the bsc, you know who has immediate replays available: ESPN+ Do something right for once in your lives.

EverettGriz said:
These replays STILL aren't up. It's such a f*cking joke. And don't believe the shit the bsc brass tells you about it being "up to the local team" to provide the replay. NONE of the games from that week are available, including the LG home game.

As much as we all want to believe that is a crock, I know it is up to the local schools because I have (had) a proxy connection that assisted doing that at the university.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
EverettGriz said:

As much as we all want to believe that is a crock, I know it is up to the local schools because I have (had) a proxy connection that assisted doing that at the university.

Seems to me it would be valuable practical experience for students in media arts type programs at the various schools.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
EverettGriz said:

MMF, I have no doubt that piece is true. But why would EVERY program fail to upload that entire week's games? There MUST be more to the equation than "it's the school's fault". No, it's a bsc and pluto problem.

But assuming it IS the school's responsibility to upload, this is where the lack of accountability and lack of caring comes in from the league: why not hold programs accountable? Why isn't there some punitive action taken for schools who don't comply? Why does the league just shrug their shoulders and blame the schools, as if there's nothing they can do? And why do they insist on using a crappy platform that requires programs to upload the games?

EverettGriz said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
EverettGriz said:

MMF, I have no doubt that piece is true. But why would EVERY program fail to upload that entire week's games? There MUST be more to the equation than "it's the school's fault". No, it's a bsc and pluto problem.

But assuming it IS the school's responsibility to upload, this is where the lack of accountability and lack of caring comes in from the league: why not hold programs accountable? Why isn't there some punitive action taken for schools who don't comply? Why does the league just shrug their shoulders and blame the schools, as if there's nothing they can do? And why do they insist on using a crappy platform that requires programs to upload the games?

You may be correct, MissoulaMarinerFan. However, on two occasions over the past 12-18 months when I have inquired of the Big Sky Conf. via email, the response has been (not word-for-word, but accurate). "Well, because of our contract with Pluto, it's all up to them. They will usually post on-demand streams within a few days, but sometimes they don't. It's not in our hands."

Recently a third party has become involved with Big Sky games in Montana and Washington: SWX Montana or SWX Washington. I don't know the exact relationship SWX has with the Big Sky, but I believe SWX owns the rights to their broadcasts. I've tried to figure out if streamed games are available from SWX on demand, but haven't made any headway at this point. A few emails to the folks at SWX might encourage them to make streams of the games they broadcast more widely available (if they have the means to do so).

EverettGriz said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
EverettGriz said:

Oh for sure - I'm not trying to take any blame away from the BSC. The whole situation is really convoluted:

- I imagine games that are filmed / produced by the school are uploaded to Watch Big Sky, and probably the powers that be for the BSC are probably the ones that hit "go" and make them appear on the website. Just a guess. It could also be that #BecauseBSC, the upload tool / website that they have the schools use was down the past week - that could possibly explain NO Replays for ANY schools from last week so far.

- As far as showing up on Pluto - all Pluto does is just re-streams the upload from the school (during live games). As GrizzlyJournal has mentioned - the BSC doesn't (and wouldn't) have any control over if/when/what games Pluto does or doesn't replay on Pluto

- The other additional thing that is a piece of this (again as @GrizzlyJournal mentions):

Recently a third party has become involved with Big Sky games in Montana and Washington: SWX Montana or SWX Washington. I don't know the exact relationship SWX has with the Big Sky, but I believe SWX owns the rights to their broadcasts. I've tried to figure out if streamed games are available from SWX on demand, but haven't made any headway at this point. A few emails to the folks at SWX might encourage them to make streams of the games they broadcast more widely available (if they have the means to do so).

- So, we know that SWX is occasionally filming / producing games that are shown live on local tv. I don't know if the school gets permission to upload those games to the BSC from SWX (or other TV producers) or not. I do know that SWX will replay the games occasionally on tv on their own schedule.

- Lastly, SWX does/did have a phone app that let you watch live games (if you are in the SWX footprint) and select past games (around a week or 2 old) to watch via "on-demand" on the app. I've noticed for the last month(?) that hardly any of their live streaming nor their "on-demand" replays have been available.

~~ TLDR, maybe UM or the BSC should just move everything to ESPN+. I imagine there would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth to pay the $5 a month or whatever, but at least everything would be easy to get to and in one spot and available no matter where you live (for the most part).

Annnnd as if by magic - last weeks games and last nights game are posted:

49386751447_e31dd5bc98_b.jpg

I'm watching the GRIZ/EWU game on demand now. The SWX guys will forever have "the freshman" in my head regarding Carter-Hollinger. They repeatedly referred to him as, "The Freshman". They were certainly impressed by his play.

Back