• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM @ Arkansas

PeauxRouge

So, it's on SECN+, which looks like it is streamable via ESPN in some way. If one should subscribe to ESPN+ can you watch this game? Or is it part of a cable/Dish subscription that allows for the stream?

Anyway, hoping the Griz that showed up for the first half of the Stanford game put together a full game against the razorbacks!

I may be able to stream it over my private server for those who can't get it or I should have a link up here https://www.livetotal.net/cat/basketball/ (for experienced pc users, adblock recommended)

4 first half turnovers for Timmy. Whole team was turning it over but once again he stands out in this category.

Bit hopeless to watch, Griz not bad or anything, very exciting to think about where we will be against BSC competition by the end of the year, but against Power 5 we dont have anyone who can get there own shot and no pure shooters. Last year Rorie and Oguine could get to the cup against anyone even though they weren't good shooters they could mostly get theirs. I think we showing some promise and not getting bullied, but there is no threat that we win this game because the most we could possibly score would be like 50pts

CleanHOUSE said:
Bit hopeless to watch, Griz not bad or anything, very exciting to think about where we will be against BSC competition by the end of the year, but against Power 5 we dont have anyone who can get there own shot and no pure shooters. Last year Rorie and Oguine could get to the cup against anyone even though they weren't good shooters they could mostly get theirs. I think we showing some promise and not getting bullied, but there is no threat that we win this game because the most we could possibly score would be like 50pts

The problem with Griz teams for many years is we don't have guys that can make open shots. Like I can't thing of any of our guys who when you leave them wide open their shooting percentage goes way up. Which I think speaks to guys not having good shooting strokes, if you got a nice shot you should be deadly from wide open, but I don't think we have had any guys who are deadly from wide open...maybe Jordan Gregory at the end of his career.

Sayeed is carrying us back into this one, which is probably going to be the theme of the season.

And now Manuel finally gets one to go, 7 point game.

Pretty toothless looking performance. Griz didn't show any weapons that could hurt the Razorbacks, but a few flashes of potential from Hollinger and Anderson showed some aggression in the 2nd half after looking lost in the first half.

DPGriz said:
4 first half turnovers for Timmy. Whole team was turning it over but once again he stands out in this category.
He is what he is and that is a average bench player for a big sky team.
If gaskin was eligible this year, he would be the 3rd best pt. Guard on the team, behind him and a true freshman in Vasquez and for those who say he isn't a pt. Guard.Well he isn't a shooting guard either, last year his field goal percentage was terrible and this year is even worse.

Well, from the looks of it, KO and Vasquez need to find their shot. Especially vasquez. I wasn't able to watch, but the box score for them looks awful. If they can start connecting then maybe we can hang a bit better. This will come for them. I suppose we can be patient!

This is a young team. What we saw today shouldn't be surprising. There will be turnovers and sloppy play offensively, especially against Power 5 competition. What has been encouraging so far is they don't look overwhelmed defensively, and play with a lot of energy.

One thing that is killing us is depth. An 8 man rotation is small, and half of those players are playing their first minutes as college basketball players. It will take time to build a rhythm and fully adjust to the college game. Getting Jared Samuelson healthy and then Selcuk becoming eligible later in the season will help add depth and provide more size. On the bright side the young guys are getting a lot of valuable minutes.

We have good shooters. They wont be cold all season. Manuel is lethal and when Samuelson comes back he can stretch the floor well as a post.

On the Timmy Falls front, he is coming off of an injury to his shooting hand. He is going to look rough for much of November. His shot doesnt look right and he hasn't been able to get much live action until very recently. Injuries take time to recover from, but especially one to your hand. Let's be patient.

Overall I would say that I'm impressed by the team. We obviously have a long ways to go but it will come with time.

Grizbballfan14 said:
This is a young team. What we saw today shouldn't be surprising. There will be turnovers and sloppy play offensively, especially against Power 5 competition. What has been encouraging so far is they don't look overwhelmed defensively, and play with a lot of energy.

One thing that is killing us is depth. An 8 man rotation is small, and half of those players are playing their first minutes as college basketball players. It will take time to build a rhythm and fully adjust to the college game. Getting Jared Samuelson healthy and then Selcuk becoming eligible later in the season will help add depth and provide more size. On the bright side the young guys are getting a lot of valuable minutes.

We have good shooters. They wont be cold all season. Manuel is lethal and when Samuelson comes back he can stretch the floor well as a post.

On the Timmy Falls front, he is coming off of an injury to his shooting hand. He is going to look rough for much of November. His shot doesnt look right and he hasn't been able to get much live action until very recently. Injuries take time to recover from, but especially one to your hand. Let's be patient.

Overall I would say that I'm impressed by the team. We obviously have a long ways to go but it will come with time.

My sentiments exactly on all points. They always beat the saying to death come NCAA time about freshmen no longer being freshmen by that time, but in this team's case the shoe fits. Vasquez has a nice stroke as does KO, the shots will fall eventually. If one is realistic this learning process should be expected.

Grizbballfan14 said:

So, what was falls issue when he shot around 37% from the field and 32% from 3 point land last year.
Like I said he is what he is, a serviceable role player in limited minuets.

I am watching this game "On Demand". Just finished the 1st half. Love the halftime feature with Isaiah Joe on shooting. Guess what? He uses the exact prepractice/pregame shootaround that I coach. If anyone wants to show a kid how to become a shooter, have him/her watch that quick halftime feature from this game. I guarantee it, if Falls were to use that, he'd improve his shooting a lot. I am pretty sure, Manuel has a similar shooting routine as Joe does.

As for this game, the announcers summed it up well, in the 1st half. There was a lid on the basket for the GRIZ. The GRIZ had several shots that looked to be going down, come back out. Vasquez, Manuel, and Owens will not continue to miss shots. They are all too good of shooters to struggle like they are. Anderson and Carter Hollinger actually looked pretty solid in this game.

How about Owens, drawing yet another charge call early in the game. That boy positions himself for charges, just like Coach K coaches it! Egun is also so pretty good at positioning himself too.

This GRIZ team needs to take care of the ball better and get the shots to fall. The effort and execution is there. I really am not worried at this stage. I sure wish a shooter like Isaiah Joe would be a GRIZ.

Our freshmen--all four of them, half our rotation--are legit. That's all I care about right now. We've planted the seeds; an oak will grow.

Back