• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana Northern @ Griz

ordigger

DONOR
Lights looking good first 16 minutes of 1st half, hitting 70% of their shots. Built early 13 point lead

Griz shooting measly 28% before closing half with 11 straight.

Lights lead at half 32-30 I think.

but hey..pluto tv is working! "all the talent in the world, doesn't always bring wins" hesitation, poor shot selection, not really "guarding" shooters, lack of rebounding, no 2nd shots..must have a better half!

Thought it would be interesting to see how close this game is. We are obviously young and inexperienced and The Lights will probably play a bitter more consistent and disciplined basketball, but if we can still blow them out it will mean the talent gap was healthy enough for experience to matter much. Things are pretty close so we are not blowing them away with talent(size power ect)...especially not down low, Mac doesn't look like he can impose himself at all against these guys.

Sayeed is a beast but the rest of our returning players are not ready for the increased rolls necessary to replace what we lost from last year. We’re going to be asking a ton out of these freshmen.

Timmy is playing excellent defense.

DPGriz said:
Sayeed is a beast but the rest of our returning players are not ready for the increased rolls necessary to replace what we lost from last year. We’re going to be asking a ton out of these freshmen.

Timmy is playing excellent defense.

Yeah Manuel nice player but look very much like a role-player, and Mac still looking like a Frosh, buy Sayeeed picking up on his dominate strech run last year. I think once we get more of an offensive identify we start looking like a top of the league team

I thought maybe Brown was going to be involved. Is he hurt or is he just a end of bench marginal talent guy...Jones is already that guy so it would be weird to have two of them.

3:38 left

Griz up 58-50

Sayeed going to line for a chance to break his career high which is 29 pts

rosco said:
Not a good look when you need to homer an NAIA team

Huh? I watched about all the game and there were quite a few non-calls that I thought should have been called on both ends. It just wasn't a well called game.

The good news is Arkansas is picked 11th in SEC. The bad news is that Stanford is picked 11th in PAC12...Looks like UM is looking to next year and this year is rebuilding.

much improved defense 2nd half. still trying to find a new guy with some offensive skill? Schedule is scary, UW looking tough, Arkansas? NMex tough & Oregon is very good. Need lots of improvement but a W after the scary first half is good! Go Griz!

I think this team walked onto the court not taking the challenge seriously. The Lights are a veteran team and showed it early. They were clearly excited to prove themselves and our Men just couldn't find a grove. The Defense we showed in the first half against Stanford was just not there in the first half this game. I'm assuming they got their butts chewed at half because it was night and day different on the D end and Sayeed had put up with enough from the Lights and took the scoring burden on himself. Timmy was a liability in the first half with his reckless play but a totally different player in the second half. Played great D and made much better passes. He was just trying to do too much early in the game and was benched because of it. It was a game to grow from and they better learn quick, most of the rest of the way will be much tougher.

Back