• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Twitch chat during games and out of market free streaming

CleanHOUSE

Hi everyone, with the season opener coming up tomorrow night! I thought I would suggest/offer for people who want to chat in real time during the game, that we can meet up in my twitch chat room. I love eGriz, but having a live chat can be a bit more interactive than refreshing the forums to see what people are saying. My twitch page is https://www.twitch.tv/nodakkian
I will be in the chat to talk about the game with anyone who wants to join.
Also I know griz fans suffer with out of market games because there are not a lot of tech heads in MT who are interested in putting up streams for people who dont have pac12 tv. I built a private server and I can stream to it and people can connect to it and get the game feed if I get interest. To pick up the game feed you would need to have VLC media player or OBS.

Go Griz

HookedonGriz said:
So awesome. Thanks for doing this. Hope I can view it!

Just to be clear you need vlc player and when game goes live I will post the link. If you have questions just type in my twitch channel chat

CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:

Just to be clear you need vlc player and when game goes live I will post the link. If you have questions just type in my twitch channel chat

Just downloaded the “VLC for Mobile” app for my iPad. Looks like that should work?

HookedonGriz said:
CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:

Just downloaded the “VLC for Mobile” app for my iPad. Looks like that should work?

this is the link that you need in the network stream

CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:
CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:

rtmp://69.143.41.28/live1/griz

Perfect thx!

CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:
CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:

It’s working. I could hug you. I downloaded that app, plugged your link into my web browser, it asked if I wanted to watch through that app and I said yes and I’m up and running. You da man!

HookedonGriz said:
CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:
CleanHOUSE said:

Perfect thx!

is it working? I am in my twitch chat if any support is needed https://www.twitch.tv/nodakkian/

CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:
CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:

Perfect thx!

is it working? I am in my twitch chat if any support is needed https://www.twitch.tv/nodakkian/

It’s working. I could hug you. I downloaded that app, plugged your link into my web browser, it asked if I wanted to watch through that app and I said yes and I’m up and running. You da man!

HookedonGriz said:
It’s a bit choppy and cuts in and out a bit but better than nothing!

Aw darn. My stream metrics are healthy so hopefully it will even out. The stream im getting from xfinity is actually a little choppy

CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:

Aw darn. My stream metrics are healthy so hopefully it will even out. The stream im getting from xfinity is actually a little choppy

It started out great with no issues and now it’s almost unwatchable. Darn. Probably something on my end. Thx for trying though!

HookedonGriz said:
CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:

It started out great with no issues and now it’s almost unwatchable. Darn. Probably something on my end. Thx for trying though!

I will restart the stream see if that helps

CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:
CleanHOUSE said:
HookedonGriz said:

I will restart the stream see if that helps

Yep same issues. Cutting in and out constantly. I’ll just listen to Riley Corcoran. Thx for trying man!

HookedonGriz said:
bigtyme said:
Once in the vlc app where do you go to enter that address?

Enter it in your web browser and then it will ask if you want to open in the app and hit open

You need to click on the Media tab and open network stream then enter the address

Back