• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz Vs MSU Northern

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Looks the the Lady Griz blew up Northern 98-45. I must admit I feel better about that type of blow out win against an naia team. The close one with Carroll had me worried. This helps.

Anyone there who can report back?

HookedonGriz said:
Looks the the Lady Griz blew up Northern 98-45. I must admit I feel better about that type of blow out win against an naia team. The close one with Carroll had me worried. This helps.

Great crowd of grade schoolers of over 7000. It's nice to see all those kids, many who never had the chance to see an athletic event, or walk on the UM campus, get to experience the environment. When asked to get loud, they screamed at an ear-piercing level. Taylor G. shot well with 20. Sammy Fatkin, who looked so flat in the exhibitions, played well with 17. Was nice to see Hailey Nicholson get hugs from her former teammates (and even Shannon), but she struggled in the game, getting only 3.

The Schweyen sisters and Gfeller did not dress, so I'm guessing they are red-shirting. However, I was told a week ago that the staff did not want to red-shirt Shelby. The concern being that she had not played in a couple of years, and they did not want her to go another year without playing.

maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:

Great crowd of grade schoolers of over 7000. It's nice to see all those kids, many who never had the chance to see an athletic event, or walk on the UM campus, get to experience the environment. When asked to get loud, they screamed at an ear-piercing level. Taylor G. shot well with 20. Sammy Fatkin, who looked so flat in the exhibitions, played well with 17. Was nice to see Hailey Nicholson get hugs from her former teammates (and even Shannon), but she struggled in the game, getting only 3.

The Schweyen sisters and Gfeller did not dress, so I'm guessing they are red-shirting. However, I was told a week ago that the staff did not want to red-shirt Shelby. The concern being that she had not played in a couple of years, and they did not want her to go another year without playing.

Great feedback thanks for the info. How is Sophia playing?

Never had a chance to watch it, but the 2 teams they played in exhibition were better. As for Carroll, they beat a division one team (Boise State) that went to the NCAA tournament 2 years ago. And Carroll College may be better this year than 2 years ago. So worried, not yet. But the Lady Griz know what they need to work on.

HookedonGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:

Sophia is still not the player we knew 2 years ago, and that should be expected. But she's getting closer. Every game, we see those quick hands, and explosive speed we remember returning a little more. The shoulder seems to be bothering her some, but I think confidence in her repaired knee will come the more she tests it.

maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:

Heard that Shelby Schweyen re-injured her knee and will need surgery. Most likely out for the season. Sad news.

LadyGrizFan said:
maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:

Heard that Shelby Schweyen re-injured her knee and will need surgery. Most likely out for the season. Sad news.
I also heard this. So sad, I feel for this young woman. Hopefully she can see the court at some point in her career. As for the rest of the scrimmage it was awesome to see Goligoski out and moving around as she did, her and fatkin were explosive. I still think fatkin has potential to lead this team in a big way. This was exactly what the lady griz should look like playing a NAIA team.

OK so here is a question....? If Robyn was still the coach would he have recruited the Schweyen sisters. Let's be honest here. Tell why you think so either way.

moneyball said:
OK so here is a question....? If Robyn was still the coach would he have recruited the Schweyen sisters. Let's be honest here. Tell why you think so either way.

Only if he bowed to local pressure to do so. Otherwise, no.

maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:

Sophia is still not the player we knew 2 years ago, and that should be expected. But she's getting closer. Every game, we see those quick hands, and explosive speed we remember returning a little more. The shoulder seems to be bothering her some, but I think confidence in her repaired knee will come the more she tests it.

What's up with her shoulder?

griz71 said:
maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:

What's up with her shoulder?
[/quot

It has popped out twice. She was advised to have it repaired surgically during this past season when she was out with her knee rehab, she declined.

maroonandsilver said:
moneyball said:

Only if he bowed to local pressure to do so. Otherwise, no.

Maybe Jordyn; but that would have been about it, I think. IMHO

Back