• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Bahamas

citygriz

It was less than a year ago we played in a tournament there. And while Abaco Island bore the brunt of the destruction in what could turn out to be a humanitarian crisis for that country, Nassau suffered extensive flooding damage.

So now an even more memorable experience for our kids turns into important lessons for all of us: Count your blessings; Carpe Diem.

citay said:
Count your blessings.

Citay, didn’t you post the following recently. You’re giving me whiplash, lol.

“Why are high school prospects always "blessed" to receive an offer? Couldn't they just be happy, excited, thrilled, pleased, delighted, lucky or fortunate? Is this really a "blessed event" like the birth of a child? And if they are indeed blessed, who is doing the blessing?”

astutegriz said:
citay said:
Count your blessings.

Citay, didn’t you post the following recently. You’re giving me whiplash, lol.

“Why are high school prospects always "blessed" to receive an offer? Couldn't they just be happy, excited, thrilled, pleased, delighted, lucky or fortunate? Is this really a "blessed event" like the birth of a child? And if they are indeed blessed, who is doing the blessing?”

Astute observation!

I think appreciation and gratitude are huge. If the syntax is counting your blessing or feeling blessed - who cares. The message we all are saying is appreciate what you have and are given.

I appreciate the coaches and players we have. Exciting times.

astutegriz said:
I think appreciation and gratitude are huge. If the syntax is counting your blessing or feeling blessed - who cares. The message we all are saying is appreciate what you have and are given.

I appreciate the coaches and players we have. Exciting times.

Amen!

The catastrophe in the Bahamas is going to be years, if ever, for things to be made whole, again. It truly is mind boggling what hurricanes can do. I went through one a couple years ago and still have lumber stacked...But, yet another result of the hurricane is that the big Holiday and vacation tournaments usually held there will have to be either moved or cancelled. Lots of big teams might be scrambling for a game to fill out their schedules. Montana is fortunate to not be one of them this year. I'm surprised to not hear about that.

Back