• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jordan Gregory

mtgrizfankb

Hanging up the sneakers to coach for the Griz. He will be a grad assistant for the Griz this year. Gonna be awesome to have him back!!

mtgrizfankb said:
Hanging up the sneakers to coach for the Griz. He will be a grad assistant for the Griz this year. Gonna be awesome to have him back!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great news to hear JG back in Griz fold. One of my all time favorites, nerves of steel and a great competitor. Had he been 3” to 4” taller he could have been a Steve Kerr type player in the NBA.

mtgrizfankb said:

Excellent news. Welcome back, Mr. Gregory!

Another native on the Montana coaching tree. That's now Blaine Taylor, Krystko, Tinks and DeCuire--all home grown. But Chris Cobb is the next big branch. He's gonna be a major coaching star, and soon.

Love hearing this. Tenacity and toughness will continue to be a staple with our teams even more so with him aboard.

SWEET!!! Jordan Gregory will consistently bring the GRIZ toughness, attitude, confidence, and an edge. He's also plenty young enough to practice and scrimmage with them too.

citay said:
Another native on the Montana coaching tree. That's now Blaine Taylor, Krystko, Tinks and DeCuire--all home grown. But Chris Cobb is the next big branch. He's gonna be a major coaching star, and soon.

Shouldn't we include Robin Selvig on that list? He won more games than any of the guys you listed and is home-grown. I don't disagree about Cobb, but he is not "home-grown". I know you didn't mean to intimate that, but it could be confusing to the uninitiated

Welcome back Coach Gregory - remember to keep the bb gun holstered this time in Missoula!

I'm a bit confused, (my natural state), by the term "native" when used to describe Coach Tinkle. He is actually from the Spokane area.

Regardless, welcome back Coach Gregory!

Gaeilge1 said:
I'm a bit confused, (my natural state), by the term "native" when used to describe Coach Tinkle. He is actually from the Spokane area.

Regardless, welcome back Coach Gregory!

I was thinking of Montana grads, no matter where they came from. And I didn't intend to include Chris Cobb in that bunch--only to point out that he is a rising super star in the coaching ranks. We're luck to have him.

I think one added benefit of this addition to the coaching staff is that Jordan gregory is an elite scorer in his prime, coming fresh off of playing pro ball overseas. Aside from the inspiration he is likely to provide for the squad as a former griz, he is also able to be a tough matchup in practice for our defenders. He could possibly be tougher to defend than anyone they'll face, at least in the conference season.

I dont know how much GAs contribute in practice, but I cant imagine Decuire wouldnt put him in on the occasional scrimmage to test his starters.

Back