• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lexie Deden Commits to MSU

PlayerRep

https://missoulian.com/sports/high-school/basketball/missoula-sentinel-s-lexi-deden-verbally-commits-to-msu-women/article_69fcf7f2-84c2-5c09-911b-3e4444f7341f.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

My initial thought was - man, that doesn't look good, but then saw in the article she wants to be an engineer. Pretty cool. Best wishes to her!

Paytonlives said:
Her mama is still holding a grudge... There is no way in hell she would be a Griz

Her mama is NOT Karen Deden. Karen is Lexi's aunt. Lexi's dad is Mike Deden, Karen's brother, a very good high jumper for UM. Now their mother, Nancy Deden, Lexi's grandma, probably still holds a grudge. She expected Selvig to be in her corner in her fight to switch high school girls basketball season to a winter rather than fall sport (and switch volleyball to the fall). Credit to her, Ridgeway and others, they won that battle.

My grandmother used to golf with Nancy, who spoke at great length about how the Montana sports seasons were impacting Karen’s recruitment. I had heard she was also at the forefront of the Title IX battle at the high school level in the 80’s. Might have been just a rumor, but something about Sentinel boys and girls having to switch locker rooms mid season as the boys were larger/nicer.

maroonandsilver said:
Paytonlives said:
Her mama is still holding a grudge... There is no way in hell she would be a Griz

Her mama is NOT Karen Deden. Karen is Lexi's aunt. Lexi's dad is Mike Deden, Karen's brother, a very good high jumper for UM. Now their mother, Nancy Deden, Lexi's grandma, probably still holds a grudge. She expected Selvig to be in her corner in her fight to switch high school girls basketball season to a winter rather than fall sport (and switch volleyball to the fall). Credit to her, Ridgeway and others, they won that battle.

Thanks for the correction

Paytonlives said:
maroonandsilver said:
Paytonlives said:

Lexi's mother is Dawn Siliker. Another poke in Shannon's eye from a from Lady Griz

maroonandsilver said:
Paytonlives said:
maroonandsilver said:
Paytonlives said:

Lexi's mother is Dawn Siliker. Another poke in Shannon's eye from a from Lady Griz
Wow, things aren't going well

marooncoloredglasses said:
Does the fact that Dawn is her mother change fact that Lexi wants to be an engineer or are some people just out to get Shannon?

I'm a big academics guy, and I don't know the player, the family or the situation. But, if I were from a big Griz family and from Missoula, I wouldn't go to MSI just for engineering. Maybe to Georgia Tech, but not to a rival school.

Perhaps you know, but if not, perhaps you should dig deeper before making comments like you did. I don't know and have no inside info, but don't think you do either. If you do, great. Tell us.

Nobody cares that Robin Selvig let the best Missoula girls D1 player EVER get away during his watch but now it's all Shannons fault for not landing her far-inferior niece? I've never seen Lexie play but she was 2nd on her own Sentinel team in rebounds? Good thing there wasn't a message board back when Karen bolted town or similar internet-trolls would have been ripping him too.

Letting a good Missoula recruit “get away” to the PAC 12 is one thing. Losing a recruit to Cats is another thing.

PlayerRep said:
I'm a big academics guy, and I don't know the player, the family or the situation. But, if I were from a big Griz family and from Missoula, I wouldn't go to MSI just for engineering. Maybe to Georgia Tech, but not to a rival school.

Did Ga Tech offer her a full ride?

Zirg said:
Nobody cares that Robin Selvig let the best Missoula girls D1 player EVER get away during his watch but now it's all Shannons fault for not landing her far-inferior niece? I've never seen Lexie play but she was 2nd on her own Sentinel team in rebounds? Good thing there wasn't a message board back when Karen bolted town or similar internet-trolls would have been ripping him too.

Let's see...
Karen - University of Washington,
Lexie - Montana State

Yep, comparable.

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

Did Ga Tech offer her a full ride?

Don’t know, but Georgia Tech is a top 10 engineering school and MSU is 148th.

PlayerRep said:
marooncoloredglasses said:
Does the fact that Dawn is her mother change fact that Lexi wants to be an engineer or are some people just out to get Shannon?

Perhaps you know, but if not, perhaps you should dig deeper before making comments like you did. I don't know and have no inside info, but don't think you do either. If you do, great. Tell us.

I wonder why she did not take the offer from Air Force. Chance for an awesome career - colorado springs is not that far of a drive from Missoula. They do have an engineering school with guaranteed placement within the airforce after graduation - as well as starting off her career as an officer

Hells bells said:
colorado springs is not that far of a drive from Missoula.
Uh, Colorado Springs is a 965-mile drive from Missoula. I wouldn't consider it a quick drive by any means.

As for staying on topic, good for Lexie. She stated in the article that she wanted to be an engineer and MSU has that program, UM doesn't. Some reasons why certain student-athletes choose certain schools to play their sport is because they also have the academic programs they want to explore.

We GET TO see one of Montana's best athletes play in our state, oh but our Lady Griz will be at the ready, and then some when Lexie steps on OUR floor!

Latest posts

Back