• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ok, summer practices must have started and . . .

717s7e

ok,summer practices must have started and . . .no reports from Grizzlyjournal. What's with that??

Spring. Working out in my garden. Actually, the egrizzer who knows most about summer activities is mtgrizrule.

I DO agree with Sayeed, though...

[media]https://twitter.com/SP4THABOY/status/1125138016966565889[/media]

I do know, Pridgett and Manuel are staying the summer. They will be the leaders next season. They will start the season as the focal points of the offense. As the young guys mature, gain experience, etc, they will slowly be integrated more into the rotation and offense. Usually, the best time to catch summer scrimmages will be during the various GRIZ camps. Those run from mid June through Mid July (I believe the exact dates are listed at gogriz.com).

I have heard that D Dorsey is no longer a member of the basketball team. Mutually agreed

Sport said:
I have heard that D Dorsey is no longer a member of the basketball team. Mutually agreed
"Mutually agreed?"....that sounds like it was not up to the NCAA but rather Donaven and the coaches! :?

Sport said:

If true that's a big loss, especially from 3 where he was 46% from 3 and 50% from 2.
They do have pridgett and maunuel who were 46% and 42% from 3 respectively, but that's it.
Don't give me falls either, kid shot 38% from 2 and 34% from 3. neither very good.
Hopefully the transfer from b.y.u. can provide another option on offense and ball handling,

braves84 said:
Sport said:

If true that's a big loss, especially from 3 where he was 46% from 3 and 50% from 2.
They do have pridgett and maunuel who were 46% and 42% from 3 respectively, but that's it.
Don't give me falls either, kid shot 38% from 2 and 34% from 3. neither very good.
Hopefully the transfer from b.y.u. can provide another option on offense and ball handling,
Timmy will likely be expected to be a distributor. He's a natural pass 1st player. I am confident, he will shoot the 3 better this season. Also, his turnovers will be cut down. Keep in mind, Sayeed is the new leader. He strikes me as someone who will hold his teammates accountable!

Sayeed is going to have a special season, in terms of individual numbers. Timmy will be racking up assists to Sayeed and Kendal. Hopefully, all the returning players will be back for 2/3 of the summer break.

I can't wait to see the new guys too. This Freshman class will be special too. Definitely DeCuire's most talented Freshman class. I don't see as long of a transition for this class. All these guys come from top programs, have played top competition, etc. Hell, they may have instant chemistry, and be able to hold their own against the returnees.

mtgrizrule said:
braves84 said:
Sport said:

Timmy will likely be expected to be a distributor. He's a natural pass 1st player. I am confident, he will shoot the 3 better this season. Also, his turnovers will be cut down. Keep in mind, Sayeed is the new leader. He strikes me as someone who will hold his teammates accountable!

Sayeed is going to have a special season, in terms of individual numbers. Timmy will be racking up assists to Sayeed and Kendal. Hopefully, all the returning players will be back for 2/3 of the summer break.

I can't wait to see the new guys too. This Freshman class will be special too. Definitely DeCuire's most talented Freshman class. I don't see as long of a transition for this class. All these guys come from top programs, have played top competition, etc. Hell, they may have instant chemistry, and be able to hold their own against the returnees.
I agree with the pridgett and the newcomers part.
I totally disagree with you on falls, no confidence in him at all.
Just my opinion,but if the coaching staff and players were so enthralled with him why bring in a grad transfer pg from b.y.u. and openly follow the transfer pg from Portland pilots on Twitter and try and convince him to come to missoula.even after hardnett committed not to mention a highly touted pg . Vasquez out of high school. Granted I think he should red-shirt. I get wanting depth but that seems a bit much.
Bottom line if falls is getting the majority of the pg minuets after Christmas , it might be a long year.
He's a good back-up pg for a big sky team.

braves84 said:
mtgrizrule said:
braves84 said:
Sport said:

Just my opinion,but if the coaching staff and players were so enthralled with him why bring in a grad transfer pg from b.y.u. and openly follow the transfer pg from Portland pilots on Twitter and try and convince him to come to missoula.even after hardnett committed not to mention a highly touted pg . Vasquez out of high school. Granted I think he should red-shirt. I get wanting depth but that seems a bit much.
Bottom line if falls is getting the majority of the pg minuets after Christmas , it might be a long year.
I disagree on Timmy's evaluation, Timmy's talent as a slasher will bring assists to record level and the ability to score, or not, won't be a factor as he is a defensive standout.

braves84 said:
mtgrizrule said:
braves84 said:
Sport said:

Huh. You should watch the Griz play this season.

AllWeatherFan said:
braves84 said:
mtgrizrule said:
braves84 said:

Huh. You should watch the Griz play this season.

As you know, Falls plays multiple positions In fact, last year he rarely played point guard. Rorie was the PG and played huge minutes.

In the Michigan game, the announcers, especially Reggie Miller I believe, were very complimentary of Falls.

Falls has always had big talent and potential, but would get a bit too wild at times and make mistakes. After the coaches had their big talk with him, he immediately changed his game, eliminated mistakes, moved into a starting role, and became a bigger and more consistent contributor. Hopefully, he can continue and improve on that.

Falls was playing very well towards the end of the season. He definitely has starter potential! :thumb:

braves84 said:
mtgrizrule said:
braves84 said:
Sport said:

DeCuire brought in who he did for depth and competition. The loss of Rorie has opened up 40 minutes at pg. Competition for the position pushes each player more. Defensively, ball handling, and scoring when needed are what Falls brings to the team. He just needs to develop mature decision making (reducing boneheaded turnovers) and even keeled leadership. He improved after DeCuire had a man to man talk with him. No reason to believe, he won't continue to improve and do what is asked of him. Also, Falls is a gym rat. That takes many players a long way.

Even if he is beat out, or shares in the responsibilities, that's more of a credit to the other players, than a knock on Falls. To me, that will mean, DeCuire brought in great players and people into the equation.

Either way, I support and have faith in Falls.

mtgrizrule said:
braves84 said:
mtgrizrule said:
braves84 said:

DeCuire brought in who he did for depth and competition. The loss of Rorie has opened up 40 minutes at pg. Competition for the position pushes each player more. Defensively, ball handling, and scoring when needed are what Falls brings to the team. He just needs to develop mature decision making (reducing boneheaded turnovers) and even keeled leadership. He improved after DeCuire had a man to man talk with him. No reason to believe, he won't continue to improve and do what is asked of him. Also, Falls is a gym rat. That takes many players a long way.

Even if he is beat out, or shares in the responsibilities, that's more of a credit to the other players, than a knock on Falls. To me, that will mean, DeCuire brought in great players and people into the equation.

I agree. Falls has character. He's a tenacious defender. Against Michigan, he looked liked he belonged. And he will get better.

grizzlyjournal said:
Welcome! Go Griz!

[media]https://twitter.com/kodoesit/status/1132746803860955136[/media]

Sweet, the 1st of the freshmen to be in Missoula. Looks like he'll be in summer school and hooping all summer with Manuel and Pridgett. That's commitment. Who will join him?

Owens looks like the early leader of this Freshman class. He must've left home almost immediately after his graduation. Within the last few days, he posted some graduation pictures. He placed Griz basketball as his top priority, by being here so early.

I'm impressed as a fan. Cannot imagine the impression this makes on the coaches and teammates.

:thumb:
citay said:
mtgrizrule said:
braves84 said:
mtgrizrule said:

I agree. Falls has character. He's a tenacious defender. Against Michigan, he looked liked he belonged. And he will get better.

Back