• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRAD Transfer: G- Jahshire Hardnett (BYU)

grizindabox

DONOR
Jeff Goodman @GoodmanHoops
16m
Montana has landed BYU grad transfer Jahshire Hardnett, source told @Stadium.

A 5'10", 180 lb guard.

https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2019/1/7/18173107/sources-byu-basketball-guard-jahshire-hardnett-transfer-exit

AZGrizFan said:
A 5'10", 180 lb guard.

https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2019/1/7/18173107/sources-byu-basketball-guard-jahshire-hardnett-transfer-exit

Will he sit one, play one, or come in the winter of 2020 and play? Lots of guards for Travis to play with!

Still listed on the 2018-19 BYU roster as a junior. The story link above notes that Hardnett quit the team before the start of 2019 winter/spring semester.

WeberHQ 🇼 Brett Hein
@WeberHQ
Replying to @AndrewH202
He missed most of last season after disagreements with coaches, breaking his hand by punching a wall, and nearly leaving school midseason. So he probably has a lot to prove for his one last rodeo.

Interesting...

One of those potential higher-risk/higher-reward scenarios? I trust Travis' judgment on this.

AllWeatherFan said:
Interesting...

One of those potential higher-risk/higher-reward scenarios? I trust Travis' judgment on this.

We’re already relatively deep at guard so that lessens the risk some. The reward could be substantial so I like the risk. I’m willing to believe that TD could be very good for this young man and his decision making also. He’s already made one good decision by coming here :D :thumb:

alabamagrizzly said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Interesting...

We’re already relatively deep at guard so that lessens the risk some. The reward could be substantial so I like the risk. I’m willing to believe that TD could be very good for this young man and his decision making also. He’s already made one good decision by coming here :D :thumb:

Also, he has graduated! A very good sign! :thumb:

As Jim McMahon said when asked about his favorite memory of BYU..he simply said "leaving." Tough place for an average kid to go to school. Not your typical college experience.

WaGriz4life said:
Hell yes. Timmy Falls, Vasquez, Egun and him are going to have quite the battle for playing time.

Great talent. My money is on Vasquez at one spot by end of year, if not first game. We are going to be so good in four years. Redshirt Mac to be with that group.

astutegriz said:
WaGriz4life said:
Hell yes. Timmy Falls, Vasquez, Egun and him are going to have quite the battle for playing time.

Great talent. My money is on Vasquez at one spot by end of year, if not first game. We are going to be so good in four years. Redshirt Mac to be with that group.
We need Mack this year, 100%. I disagree with anyone who says he needs to redshirt.

WaGriz4life said:
astutegriz said:
WaGriz4life said:

We need Mack this year, 100%. I disagree with anyone who says he needs to redshirt.

I agree! We’ll need Mack on the inside! He’s probably gonna be bigger and stronger, and will be more of a force this year! After last year’s Michigan game we need more length and depth inside. Red shirting him would put us in a tough position, especially if Dorsey doesn’t come back.

Back