Shannon???

Grizzly Basketball and Big Sky Conference Hoops
Paytonlives

Re: Shannon???

Post by Paytonlives » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:07 am

A one year contract is the kiss of death...

She is gone if the LG are not contenders next year.
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

moneyball

Post by moneyball » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:45 pm

Has anyone heard....the assistant coach Sonya Stokken has retired(quit) the Lady Griz.... and the numbers just keep climbing.....

grizzlyjournal

Post by grizzlyjournal » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:10 pm

I thought this was a neat way for @MontanaGrizWBB to do a mid-summer player-father profile. Fourteen daughter-father pix.

maroonandsilver
eGriz Club

Post by maroonandsilver » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:53 am

moneyball wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:45 pm
Has anyone heard....the assistant coach Sonya Stokken has retired(quit) the Lady Griz.... and the numbers just keep climbing.....
I don't know the reason for Sonya leaving, but coaching responsibilities plus chasing around her young children can't be easy,

Replacing her is a no-brainer for me: Jace Henderson.

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:35 pm

maroonandsilver wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:53 am
moneyball wrote:
I don't know the reason for Sonya leaving, but coaching responsibilities plus chasing around her young children can't be easy,

I heard she decided to move on to focus more attention on her family.

grizzlyjournal

Post by grizzlyjournal » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:33 pm

maroonandsilver wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:53 am
moneyball wrote:

:thumb:

Colter_Nuanez56

Post by Colter_Nuanez56 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:32 pm

TWITTER:@Skylinesportsmt
FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/skylinesportsmt1
BIG SKY BREAKDOWN ON ITUNES
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/big ... 1131856462
SUBSCRIBE TO SKYLINE SPORTS
https://skylinesportsmt.com/subscriptions/

Zirg

Post by Zirg » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:17 pm

Paytonlives wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:07 am
Didn't Robin Selvig have a 1-year deal for about 30 straight years before finally getting a 3-yr deal? I am not positive, but I think that was the case.

lotsa

Post by lotsa » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:48 pm

Robin turned out ok- one bad year with tremendous injuries. Sounds familiar.

maroonandsilver
eGriz Club

Post by maroonandsilver » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Zirg wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:17 pm
Paytonlives wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:07 am
Didn't Robin Selvig have a 1-year deal for about 30 straight years before finally getting a 3-yr deal? I am not positive, but I think that was the case.
When Robin was getting 1-year contracts, it was because that was the maximum length allowed. With the max now at 3 years, a 1-year deal shows lack of confidence from the AD.

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:14 pm

The Lady Griz looked pretty good in their scrimmage this morning. Lots of good players. Shot fairly well. Had some nice post play at times. Lots of good guard play. Appear to have more depth than in recent years.

Grizwald32

Post by Grizwald32 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:42 am

If anyone has read the current article on the Lady Griz website the Title is "Lady Griz to universe: We good?" Whoever wrote this is a propagandist and just waging the tail. We all know what the trouble with the Lady Griz is. It is not the Universe. It is KARMA and her name is Shannon. Horrible person and Horrible coach! The only hope the Lady Griz have this year is if Shannon let's her new coach manage the practice's and games. Other wise don't be expecting a championship ring just yet.

Griz1

Post by Griz1 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:09 am

Grizwald32 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:42 am
If anyone has read the current article on the Lady Griz website the Title is "Lady Griz to universe: We good?" Whoever wrote this is a propagandist and just waging the tail. We all know what the trouble with the Lady Griz is. It is not the Universe. It is KARMA and her name is Shannon. Horrible person and Horrible coach! The only hope the Lady Griz have this year is if Shannon let's her new coach manage the practice's and games. Other wise don't be expecting a championship ring just yet.
You seem to have a personal ax to grind with Shannon. The Shannon I know, and I know well, is not a horrible person and is not a horrible coach. I won't get drawn into an argument with you about her person or her coaching even though my coaching sources and I disagree with you also on both accounts.

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:22 am

If the team I saw scrimmage stays healthy, the LG should be much better this year. Several players have clearly improved and there is some new talent. And there are several very good returning players. I think Nate will have some positive influences too.

go96griz

Post by go96griz » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:05 am

Griz1 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:09 am
Grizwald32 wrote:
You seem to have a personal ax to grind with Shannon. The Shannon I know, and I know well, is not a horrible person and is not a horrible coach. I won't get drawn into an argument with you about her person or her coaching even though my coaching sources and I disagree with you also on both accounts.
I don't have an axe to grind and I'm hopeful that a healthy team and a positive influence from Nate will be just what the program needs to turn the corner. It certainly should take some of the pressure off the head coach. That said, there have been a lot of internal issues beyond unfortunate injuries over the past several years. It is easy to understand why a one-year extension was provided to Shannon at the same time Travis earned a three-year deal.

While this post may seem harsh, there have been plenty of stories floating around in that vein that are disappointing to say the least and it has not been hard to hear about these things in a small community. There was a lot of pressure to replace a legend like Selvig and the continued injuries have only added to the situation. Sometimes when the pressure is on you see the worst come out of a person. Hoping that is in the rearview mirror now. There is a lot of talent on this team. Go Griz, here's to a healthy, successful and drama-free season!

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:10 am

I pretty much line up with 96.

Griz1

Post by Griz1 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:40 am

go96griz wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:05 am

I don't have an axe to grind and I'm hopeful that a healthy team and a positive influence from Nate will be just what the program needs to turn the corner. It certainly should take some of the pressure off the head coach. That said, there have been a lot of internal issues beyond unfortunate injuries over the past several years. It is easy to understand why a one-year extension was provided to Shannon at the same time Travis earned a three-year deal.

While this post may seem harsh, there have been plenty of stories floating around in that vein that are disappointing to say the least and it has not been hard to hear about these things in a small community. There was a lot of pressure to replace a legend like Selvig and the continued injuries have only added to the situation. Sometimes when the pressure is on you see the worst come out of a person. Hoping that is in the rearview mirror now. There is a lot of talent on this team. Go Griz, here's to a healthy, successful and drama-free season!
go96griz I appreciate your well written post and I don't find it harsh. I find it objective and filled with the hope most Grizzly fans hold for the Lady Griz. I have no problem with a one-year extension and feel it was the right thing to do at the time and under the circumstances. We will see how it shakes out and I will support any decision that is made. In the meantime I, like you, have high hopes for a healthy, successful and drama-free season for the Lady Griz.

moneyball

Post by moneyball » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:43 pm

Griz1 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:09 am
Grizwald32 wrote:
You obviously do not know her that well or you would not endorse her. GW32 is correct in their assessment.