• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Marcus Shaver Jr. - Portland Transfer? (Rumor)

StumptownGriz

https://portlandpilots.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6579

There has been a wave of social media outreach from Griz players to Portland Guard Marcus Shaver Jr. to just hurry up and commit already. Shaver has acknowledged these players reaching out. It looks like he recently took a visit to Colorado State.

In his first two seasons at Portland Shaver has averaged 13pts per games and shot 40% from three last year in 16 games played.

Interesting prospect for sure who would fill in very nicely for the loss of Rorie and has a lot of Griz players supporting and pushing him to commit to the Griz.

Anyone have any inside info on Shaver?

Unless Dorsey can't return, we're out of scholarships. I haven't heard of any other departures from the team.

mtgrizrule said:
Unless Dorsey can't return, we're out of scholarships. I haven't heard of any other departures from the team.

I'm not sure that all the dudes we think have schollys do...

Paytonlives said:
mtgrizrule said:

When will the Dorsey news come? Surely, they’ve made a decision! (I’ll stop calling you “Shirley”)

rocklobster said:
Paytonlives said:
mtgrizrule said:

When will the Dorsey news come? Surely, they’ve made a decision! (I’ll stop calling you “Shirley”)
As long as you get the vector correct, victor!

mtgrizrule said:

Dorsey was always doubtful given NCAA’s past decisions. I was hoping a center grad transfer to let Pridgett roam and Anderson redshirt (my own dream as imagine him with a year to bulk up and learn, then have three more to play). Hope Samuelson fits part of that.

Shaver looks great! I’m assuming sit one, play two. Exciting team they are putting together for the future! Wonder how he is defensively.

Paytonlives said:
mtgrizrule said:

Could Samuelson be walking on?

GrizWhiz said:
Paytonlives said:
mtgrizrule said:

You’d think as a grad transfer, he’d get a scholly!
Freddy Brown is on academic, so that doesn’t count, does it?

rocklobster said:
GrizWhiz said:
Paytonlives said:
mtgrizrule said:

Agreed1 Plus he is good enough to deserve a scholarship. Hopefully, the news on Dorsey is not bad!

GrizWhiz said:
rocklobster said:
GrizWhiz said:
Paytonlives said:

Agreed1 Plus he is good enough to deserve a scholarship. Hopefully, the news on Dorsey is not bad!
:thumb:

I would assume that Jared isn't on scholarship. He has had 4 years of college scholarships. He is an in-state student. He is transferring to work on a grad degree. I would hope that he chosen to walk on and that the scholarship will be used for an true post player. I would be fully in favor of a scholarship if they were free and unlimited, but . . . I don't think that any great injustice would occur if he came as a walk on.

717s7e said:
I would assume that Jared isn't on scholarship. He has had 4 years of college scholarships. He is an in-state student. He is transferring to work on a grad degree. I would hope that he chosen to walk on and that the scholarship will be used for an true post player. I would be fully in favor of a scholarship if they were free and unlimited, but . . . I don't think that any great injustice would occur if he came as a walk on.

Yeah, I get the feeling that Jared will not be on scholarship. Guess we will see.

rocklobster said:
GrizWhiz said:
Paytonlives said:
mtgrizrule said:

Freddy tweeted a few weeks back a thank you to GRIZ NATION. It sounded as if he's not returning. Not sure if he is transferring, or just focusing on academics. He wasn't on a basketball scholarship.

If Samuelson isn't on scholarship, then we still have 1 scholarship to use.

mtgrizrule said:
rocklobster said:
GrizWhiz said:
Paytonlives said:

Freddy tweeted a few weeks back a thank you to GRIZ NATION. It sounded as if he's not returning. Not sure if he is transferring, or just focusing on academics. He wasn't on a basketball scholarship.

I never saw that. Thanks!

rocklobster said:
mtgrizrule said:
rocklobster said:
GrizWhiz said:

He was saying thank you for the season. He’s not gone. His twitter page still says “University of Montana MBB #3.” Don’t know where you pulled that out of. He might still leave, but he definitely hasn’t yet.

UMFan12 said:
rocklobster said:
mtgrizrule said:
rocklobster said:

He was saying thank you for the season. He’s not gone. His twitter page still says “University of Montana MBB #3.” Don’t know where you pulled that out of. He might still leave, but he definitely hasn’t yet.

Damn, the Tweet is no longer on his page. I just interpreted it as a possible good bye to Div 1 Basketball. The Tweet started with how great it was to live his dream of playing Div 1 basketball, then thanking GRIZ NATION. He didn't get into detail. So, that is just how I took it. I wasn't pulling anything.

Latest posts

Back