• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The official “Will Donovan Dorsey return?” thread

alabamagrizzly

Post your thoughts here.

Lord, I hope so. We could really use his 3 ball next year. He looked like he was really enjoying playing again this year.

alabamagrizzly said:
Post your thoughts here.

Lord, I hope so. We could really use his 3 ball next year. He looked like he was really enjoying playing again this year.

I don't know the story here...is he waiting for a waiver from the NCAA for another year of eligibility or something?

My understanding is that extra year applications cannot happen until after the season is completed. Honestly I don’t know if he intends to play again next year.

Grizfan-24 said:
My understanding is that extra year applications cannot happen until after the season is completed. Honestly I don’t know if he intends to play again next year.
During the on the floor celebration following winning the Big Sky tournament, I think I heard someone ask him if he was returning next season. His reply was " I hope so." :)

GrizWhiz said:
Grizfan-24 said:
During the on the floor celebration following winning the Big Sky tournament, I think I heard someone ask him if he was returning next season. His reply was " I hope so." :)

Donaven and his parents each commented, he will return, if NCAA approves it. I see no reason why it won't be approved.

The telltale sign for me was senior night, they didn’t do a big display case for him or make a bunch of other noise with him like they did with the other seniors. That told me they plan on him being back

mtgrizrule said:
GrizWhiz said:
Grizfan-24 said:

Donaven and his parents each commented, he will return, if NCAA approves it. I see no reason why it won't be approved.

The ncaa can do weird things but I don’t see why they would deny it. He can clearly show missing 2 seasons due to injury which is one of the main stipulations. If he’s applying, I’m guessing it’s a sure thing it’ll be granted.

I have no idea how to predict what the NCAA does, but here's the numbers. He's only played 3 D1 seasons.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/donaven-dorsey-1.html

Yes, he will be eligible next year. Travis and the school can’t come out and say that because it is not officially approved, but it will be. There really isn’t any gray area here.

Back