• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

So Now What?

Apparently big men and cornerbacks.

those types of folks just dont’ apparently want to come to UM for some reason.

Not until the Big Sky stops being terrible at basketball. #15 seeds will always get wrecked.

I like our guys. Sure, I wish we had some big guys but I wouldn't be able to cheer for bigs like those from Michigan. In fact, I wouldn't be able to cheer for half of the guys on Michigan's team. I no longer give the NBA 5 seconds and Michigan's players remind me of the reason I don't follow the NBA. I am proud of the Griz!

AZGrizFan said:
Silenoz said:
Not until the Big Sky stops being terrible at basketball. #15 seeds will always get wrecked.

Tell that to Bradley.

So you disagree that until the Big Sky stops being pretty bad at basketball, and is stuck with these 14-15 seeds, that we're generally gonna see games like this? Because 15 seeds generally get wrecked. A few quasi-close games, and that one anomaly of a year, aside.

I agree AZ. This was a talented team. I did not think we would beat Michigan but I did not expect this type of game. The Big Sigh schedule strikes again....

Silenoz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Silenoz said:

Tell that to Bradley.

So you disagree that until the Big Sky stops being pretty bad at basketball, and is stuck with these 14-15 seeds, that we're generally gonna see games like this? Because 15 seeds generally get wrecked. A few quasi-close games, and that one anomaly of a year, aside.

There are tons of close games in the 13-14-15 seed range. Just NEVER Montana. Why is that? Either he we’re just patently unlucky in our draws or we’re really a play-in team masquerading as a 15 seed.

Purdue is leading #14 ODU by just 9 with 3 minutes left. ANOTHER competitive game in the 13-15 seed range.

Just never Montana.

putter said:
I agree AZ. This was a talented team. I did not think we would beat Michigan but I did not expect this type of game. The Big Sigh schedule strikes again....

We just need to play a good game for once, we play to tight...I mean there were enough open shots to make this a close game coming down the stretch and put pressure on Michigan, but I feel like our guys play with all the pressure, like they know if I don't make every shot we have no chance...But that's actually not the case, we just needed a really good shooting night to bring that game down to the wire we didn't need to make everyshot and shoot some miracle percentage...but watching our guys they look like they psych themselves out and play with the pressure of having to be perfect

CleanHOUSE said:
putter said:

We just need to play a good game for once, we play to tight...I mean there were enough open shots to make this a close game coming down the stretch and put pressure on Michigan, but I feel like our guys play with all the pressure, like they know if I don't make every shot we have no chance...But that's actually not the case, we just needed a really good shooting night to bring that game down to the wire we didn't need to make everyshot and shoot some miracle percentage...but watching our guys they look like they psych themselves out and play with the pressure of having to be perfect

You mean like layups and dunks. Fuck, we make even THOSE and we have 12 more points. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
CleanHOUSE said:
putter said:

You mean like layups and dunks. f***, we make even THOSE and we have 12 more points. :lol:

Yeah we played the same kind of game against Arizona, I don't think we are afraid of the big stage and big time competition, but its like we go into the game with the mindset that "We have to be Perfect" and that leads to stiff hesitant shots and overthinking things, and then when we do miss we get freaked out

Please don't get me wrong, The Griz had an excellent BIGSKY TEAM. But if UM really wants to make some noise they have to find some real talent down low. Would have Akoh helped... sure but really UM need three guys similar to Akoh and in the 6-10 range.

It is the only true weakness in the basketball team.

And tonight and last year it really showed

AZGrizFan said:
Silenoz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Silenoz said:

Tell that to Bradley.

There are tons of close games in the 13-14-15 seed range. Just NEVER Montana. Why is that? Either he we’re just patently unlucky in our draws or we’re really a play-in team masquerading as a 15 seed.

Montana has been deficient but Big Sky teams could not exploit it. Michigan could and did. So did Creighton and Arizona.

lshaneg said:
I like our guys. Sure, I wish we had some big guys but I wouldn't be able to cheer for bigs like those from Michigan. In fact, I wouldn't be able to cheer for half of the guys on Michigan's team. I no longer give the NBA 5 seconds and Michigan's players remind me of the reason I don't follow the NBA. I am proud of the Griz!

WTF are you talking about

AZGrizFan said:
Purdue is leading #14 ODU by just 9 with 3 minutes left. ANOTHER competitive game in the 13-15 seed range.

Just never Montana.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=300770167

Back