• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Michigan was a mistake

Griz2k

DONOR
Just saw a clip about it on ESPN. I think it was Joe Lunardi saying that they're not supposed to have first-round rematches from the year before and that the committee must have just missed it. Interesting.

Then I think both teams should get to pick their first round matches.

How could the committee have not remembered this? That was the only first round match up that I remembered. Ha (sorry AZ).

And when UM beats the big UM, everyone, especially big UM, will be sorry.

PlayerRep said:
Then I think both teams should get to pick their first round matches.

How could the committee have not remembered this? That was the only first round match up that I remembered. Ha (sorry AZ).

And when UM beats the big UM, everyone, especially big UM, will be sorry.

That was my thought to. I didn't even know this was a thing until today, but if you're on the selection committee, I would think that's a pretty simple task to figure out.

Wow. This is at least the second mistake, a double-whammy. The first mistake is when the committee F’d-up putting Mich in this quad. The lowest #2 (Mich) in the lowest #1 (GU) quad, and the highest #2 (MSU) in the highest #1 quad (Duke).
But to do that, while somehow forgetting last year’s matchups involving these same teams is really weird.
One mistake is a F-up
Two mistakes is fucking weird
Three mistakes..???...that sound you hear is the X-files theme music...

Per other threads I think Michigan and Michigan State were inadvertently/accidentally switched by the committee. Us playing Michigan twice is a secondary symptom of that screw up. They would never admit that they screwed up though! Give me Michigan over Michigan State though (I won’t complain!)

I do not believe that Michigan and Michigan St were accidentally switched. Mich St being the conference and tournament winner was "rewarded" by being the #2 seed in a region that is geographically closer. This is of course is silly because any region with Duke in it is not a reward. It is also does not hurt Michigan because if they are able to advance, games played could become home games as there is a very large alumni base in California. You definitely do not want to play State. Their perimeter players are far more consistent thus making off days less problematic.

Back