Page 13 of 13

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:50 am
by Dillon
Hats off to the Griz! Very Impressive win & determination. Great defensive effort. I honestly thought we had a 50/50 chance going into the Big Sky tourney w/o Akoh & winning it all. Time to make some noise going forward. Keep it rolling.

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:00 am
by Colter_Nuanez56



Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:48 am
by garizzalies
CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:46 pm
PeauxRouge wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:42 pm
garizzalies wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:40 pm
So I missed something, did Peatling foul out? Seems like he ended the game on the bench but maybe I’m wrong.
Don't think he fouled out. The live stats show a 4 and superscript T for his technical. I would assume that means 4 total, but not sure. I don't think he is a 3-point threat, so maybe that is the reason for him being on the bench?
Oh, that's a good point. I didn't think of that. However, his 4th (tech) was with plenty of time. Not exactly 3-pt desperation time.
Something’s up. We’re missing something. They really could have used him down the stretch. Hunt scored 7 in that timeframe and he’s really not their go-to scorer. And they missed a bunch of bunnies, too. Weird.
I generally think their coach is really smart, so I’m convinced I don’t know the full story here. IMHO, it was downright dumb to sit him at that time, unless there is a better explanation than his 3pt percentage.

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:24 am
by grizzlyjournal
garizzalies wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:48 am
CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:46 pm
PeauxRouge wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:42 pm
garizzalies wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:40 pm
So I missed something, did Peatling foul out? Seems like he ended the game on the bench but maybe I’m wrong.
Don't think he fouled out. The live stats show a 4 and superscript T for his technical. I would assume that means 4 total, but not sure. I don't think he is a 3-point threat, so maybe that is the reason for him being on the bench?
Oh, that's a good point. I didn't think of that. However, his 4th (tech) was with plenty of time. Not exactly 3-pt desperation time.
Something’s up. We’re missing something. They really could have used him down the stretch. Hunt scored 7 in that timeframe and he’s really not their go-to scorer. And they missed a bunch of bunnies, too. Weird.
I generally think their coach is really smart, so I’m convinced I don’t know the full story here. IMHO, it was downright dumb to sit him at that time, unless there is a better explanation than his 3pt percentage.
Agree. I was also puzzled about what happened to Peatling after the "incidents" under the Montana basket. There's a good story in this morning's Spokesman Review where Peatling alludes to it vaguely... sort of defending himself (and blaming Rorie). No specific answers, though. It's a good story & a worthwhile read. Link attached: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/m ... washingto/
OVERLOOKED in all the scramble was Michael Oguine's critical put-back of Pridgett's "miss" (I thought he was fouled). That was a huge bucket at that point of the game.

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:14 pm
by CFallsGriz
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:34 pm
grizindabox wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:23 pm
The Bobby banter is too funny.
Some of you post like you’ve never touched a basketball.
I usually just lurk anymore, but I had to log in and say that this cracked me up.

Onward, gents👍🏻

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:19 pm
by CFallsGriz
AZ: Stop writing words, PR! I hate when you write words!

PR: Too bad asshole

Lol

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:09 pm
by AZGrizFan
CFallsGriz wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:19 pm
AZ: Stop writing words, PR! I hate when you write words!

PR: Too bad asshole

Lol
It was more like “too bad asshole. I told you so. Ha.” :geek: :geek:

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:59 pm
by PlayerRep
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:09 pm
CFallsGriz wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:19 pm
AZ: Stop writing words, PR! I hate when you write words!

PR: Too bad asshole

Lol
It was more like “too bad asshole. I told you so. Ha.” :geek: :geek:
It came from Merriam-Webster dictionary:

"Ha! I was right all along." Except I reversed it by saying I was right all along. Ha.

I'm not sure what confused you or set you off. I assume it was just that I was right again, and you were wrong. Thought you would have gotten used to that by now. Ha.

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:30 pm
by EverettGriz
ONLY on eGriz..... :?

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:43 pm
by AZGrizFan
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:59 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:09 pm
CFallsGriz wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:19 pm
AZ: Stop writing words, PR! I hate when you write words!

PR: Too bad asshole

Lol
It was more like “too bad asshole. I told you so. Ha.” :geek: :geek:
It came from Merriam-Webster dictionary:

"Ha! I was right all along." Except I reversed it by saying I was right all along. Ha.

I'm not sure what confused you or set you off. I assume it was just that I was right again, and you were wrong. Thought you would have gotten used to that by now. Ha.
Still not going to argue with you. Still too happy. Ha.

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:28 pm
by debellatio
grizzlyjournal wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:24 am
garizzalies wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:48 am
CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:46 pm
PeauxRouge wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:42 pm


Don't think he fouled out. The live stats show a 4 and superscript T for his technical. I would assume that means 4 total, but not sure. I don't think he is a 3-point threat, so maybe that is the reason for him being on the bench?
Oh, that's a good point. I didn't think of that. However, his 4th (tech) was with plenty of time. Not exactly 3-pt desperation time.
Something’s up. We’re missing something. They really could have used him down the stretch. Hunt scored 7 in that timeframe and he’s really not their go-to scorer. And they missed a bunch of bunnies, too. Weird.
I generally think their coach is really smart, so I’m convinced I don’t know the full story here. IMHO, it was downright dumb to sit him at that time, unless there is a better explanation than his 3pt percentage.
Agree. I was also puzzled about what happened to Peatling after the "incidents" under the Montana basket. There's a good story in this morning's Spokesman Review where Peatling alludes to it vaguely... sort of defending himself (and blaming Rorie). No specific answers, though. It's a good story & a worthwhile read. Link attached: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/m ... washingto/
OVERLOOKED in all the scramble was Michael Oguine's critical put-back of Pridgett's "miss" (I thought he was fouled). That was a huge bucket at that point of the game.
I don't think Peatling played the final 3 or so minutes of the game. He was going to go in at about the 1 minute mark but Legans pulled him back to the bench. I found that interesting. Even if he isn't a 3 point threat, he is a monster on the offensive boards. I would think Legans would have to explain himself on this one.

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:31 pm
by Mousegriz
Good win. Tough battle. Fridays' game with Weber one of the best-played Griz games ever in my opinion and knew it wouldn't be the same on Saturday. But the same things eventually won it for Griz. Super tough defense, good rebounding especially given their true lack of size and eventually enough scoring to turn the game.

Eastern a well-coached team that must have really improved as the season wore on. Not sure what to say about Weber. How long do they keep "Lil Buddy"?

Griz crowd really came through on the TV broadcast. Red's Bar crowd about went through the floor as the game ended. Great night for Griz hoops!

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:08 pm
by garizzalies
debellatio wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:28 pm
grizzlyjournal wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:24 am
garizzalies wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:48 am
CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:46 pm


Oh, that's a good point. I didn't think of that. However, his 4th (tech) was with plenty of time. Not exactly 3-pt desperation time.
Something’s up. We’re missing something. They really could have used him down the stretch. Hunt scored 7 in that timeframe and he’s really not their go-to scorer. And they missed a bunch of bunnies, too. Weird.
I generally think their coach is really smart, so I’m convinced I don’t know the full story here. IMHO, it was downright dumb to sit him at that time, unless there is a better explanation than his 3pt percentage.
Agree. I was also puzzled about what happened to Peatling after the "incidents" under the Montana basket. There's a good story in this morning's Spokesman Review where Peatling alludes to it vaguely... sort of defending himself (and blaming Rorie). No specific answers, though. It's a good story & a worthwhile read. Link attached: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/m ... washingto/
OVERLOOKED in all the scramble was Michael Oguine's critical put-back of Pridgett's "miss" (I thought he was fouled). That was a huge bucket at that point of the game.
I don't think Peatling played the final 3 or so minutes of the game. He was going to go in at about the 1 minute mark but Legans pulled him back to the bench. I found that interesting. Even if he isn't a 3 point threat, he is a monster on the offensive boards. I would think Legans would have to explain himself on this one.
Agreed but it was even worse than you think; it was much longer than that—almost double. Peatling didn’t play the last about 6.5 mins.
The double-T was about at 7.5 mins. He played for about another minute after that, and even had a bucket, making it like 53-57, or something like that, and then got benched. I think it was a huge mistake by Legans but I’m still trying to get a legit explanation.
I honestly think Legans lost track. I think he pulled Peatling at 6.5 mins when he almost got called for his 5th foul, and then just forgot to put him back in. By the time it dawned on him, it was too late, then they really did need 3s, so he pulled him back. Sounds crazy, but it’s about the only logical explanation so far

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:38 am
by MissoulaMarinerFan
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:37 pm
I wish Dorsey wouldn’t showboat after every 3 though...
I'll take "Things White People Like" for 500, Alex! What is "acting like you've been there before?" Ding, ding, ding - CORRECT!

A quote from the following Missoulian article sheds some light on Dorsey having a good time. Thing is, Dorsey has been there before and he knows how easy it can get taken away - he's enjoying himself and not taking playing for granted.

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/b ... the-latest
"The celebrations are just me enjoying the game. Before when I played, I didn't celebrate that much," Dorsey said. "Now that the game was almost taken away from me, I just try to have as much fun as I can out there."

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:46 am
by AZGrizFan
MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:38 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:37 pm
I wish Dorsey wouldn’t showboat after every 3 though...
I'll take "Things White People Like" for 500, Alex! What is "acting like you've been there before?" Ding, ding, ding - CORRECT!

A quote from the following Missoulian article sheds some light on Dorsey having a good time. Thing is, Dorsey has been there before and he knows how easy it can get taken away - he's enjoying himself and not taking playing for granted.

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/b ... the-latest
"The celebrations are just me enjoying the game. Before when I played, I didn't celebrate that much," Dorsey said. "Now that the game was almost taken away from me, I just try to have as much fun as I can out there."
:thumb:

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:18 am
by MissoulaMarinerFan
AZGrizFan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:46 am
MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:38 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:37 pm
I wish Dorsey wouldn’t showboat after every 3 though...
I'll take "Things White People Like" for 500, Alex! What is "acting like you've been there before?" Ding, ding, ding - CORRECT!

A quote from the following Missoulian article sheds some light on Dorsey having a good time. Thing is, Dorsey has been there before and he knows how easy it can get taken away - he's enjoying himself and not taking playing for granted.

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/b ... the-latest
"The celebrations are just me enjoying the game. Before when I played, I didn't celebrate that much," Dorsey said. "Now that the game was almost taken away from me, I just try to have as much fun as I can out there."
:thumb:
:thumb: :D Az - glad to know you can take a little ribbing. I know I was broadly generalizing there. I don't mind players celebrating - and I would categorize it as celebrating - because (usually) he doesn't do it right in a defenders face - it is after he's turned around and heading down court.

I'm not a huge fan of showboating - i.e. doing it right in someone's face - but I've seen more often than not, that issue is "handled" on the court / field by the opposing team who got show-boated on.

Re: GRIZ vs E. WA

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:52 am
by AZGrizFan
MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:18 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:46 am
MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:38 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:37 pm
I wish Dorsey wouldn’t showboat after every 3 though...
I'll take "Things White People Like" for 500, Alex! What is "acting like you've been there before?" Ding, ding, ding - CORRECT!

A quote from the following Missoulian article sheds some light on Dorsey having a good time. Thing is, Dorsey has been there before and he knows how easy it can get taken away - he's enjoying himself and not taking playing for granted.

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/b ... the-latest
"The celebrations are just me enjoying the game. Before when I played, I didn't celebrate that much," Dorsey said. "Now that the game was almost taken away from me, I just try to have as much fun as I can out there."
:thumb:
:thumb: :D Az - glad to know you can take a little ribbing. I know I was broadly generalizing there. I don't mind players celebrating - and I would categorize it as celebrating - because (usually) he doesn't do it right in a defenders face - it is after he's turned around and heading down court.

I'm not a huge fan of showboating - i.e. doing it right in someone's face - but I've seen more often than not, that issue is "handled" on the court / field by the opposing team who got show-boated on.
Love the context. Now I think it’s a pretty cool story/thing. :thumb: