AllWeatherFan wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:30 pm
Mousegriz wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:32 pm
go96griz wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:03 am
AZDoc wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:05 am
So question is...if it's "just" a meniscus injury, he isn't necessarily out for the season. If it's a simple tear he can be back in 2-3 weeks, which is tourney time. If it's a complex tear or bucket handle tear, that makes things a bit more season ending. Depends on the type of surgery.
The word going around is that he plans to be out.
At least there is no rumor that he "doesn't want to play for the Griz anymore".....this thread would get looooong.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I heard he wanted to redshirt and use the portal to transfer.

AZDoc

Re: Akoh

Post by AZDoc » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:22 pm

go96griz wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:52 pm
Mousegriz wrote:
go96griz wrote:
AZDoc wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:05 am
So question is...if it's "just" a meniscus injury, he isn't necessarily out for the season. If it's a simple tear he can be back in 2-3 weeks, which is tourney time. If it's a complex tear or bucket handle tear, that makes things a bit more season ending. Depends on the type of surgery.
At least there is no rumor that he "doesn't want to play for the Griz anymore".....this thread would get looooong.
I purposefully worded it that way for a reason.
So you’re saying he doesn’t want to play for the Griz anymore? Wow...heard it here first folks.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers

AZDoc

Post by AZDoc » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:22 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:12 pm
AllWeatherFan wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:30 pm
Mousegriz wrote:
go96griz wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I heard he wanted to redshirt and use the portal to transfer.
:thumb: solid
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

Post by HookedonGriz » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:24 pm

garizzalies wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:45 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:55 pm
Like I said. If Decuire wins the conference tourney now with no Akoh, extend him 20 years and give him any $ amount he wants. Would be the finest work of a head coach almost ever. In Decuire I trust! You feeling the fever....we have Decuire!
If? Do it regardless. Now!
IMO, TDC is the best coach UM has ever had. Obviously high praise, considering our coaching tree, but I’m a true believer. There is something about a defensive minded point guard that makes basketball look like a work of art.
Once Cal snatches him up this off-season, the UM coaching tree will account for one-quarter of all the active head coaches in the Pac12. That’s nutbars
That is crazy to think about. Cal will be nuts to let him pass by.

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:46 pm

HookedonGriz wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:24 pm
garizzalies wrote:
HookedonGriz wrote:
Like I said. If Decuire wins the conference tourney now with no Akoh, extend him 20 years and give him any $ amount he wants. Would be the finest work of a head coach almost ever. In Decuire I trust! You feeling the fever....we have Decuire!
IMO, TDC is the best coach UM has ever had. Obviously high praise, considering our coaching tree, but I’m a true believer. There is something about a defensive minded point guard that makes basketball look like a work of art.
Once Cal snatches him up this off-season, the UM coaching tree will account for one-quarter of all the active head coaches in the Pac12. That’s nutbars
Our best hope to keep him is for the Griz to lose all of their remaining games.

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

Post by HookedonGriz » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:31 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:46 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
garizzalies wrote:
HookedonGriz wrote:
Our best hope to keep him is for the Griz to lose all of their remaining games.
Man that’s tempting. I love him that much.

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:54 pm

HookedonGriz wrote:
garizzalies wrote:
HookedonGriz wrote:
Positive side to that is, some hotshot young coach wants to coach in the PAC-12? come coach at Montana for 4-5 years...they’ll be beating down the door!!! :lol:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

maroonandsilver
eGriz Club

Post by maroonandsilver » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Akoh sure was moving well, even doing stairs this afternoon at the Lady Griz game. Sure moving better than I remember doing 2 days after my own meniscus surgery. Are we SURE he had surgery?

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

Post by HookedonGriz » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:01 pm

maroonandsilver wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:22 pm
Akoh sure was moving well, even doing stairs this afternoon at the Lady Griz game. Sure moving better than I remember doing 2 days after my own meniscus surgery. Are we SURE he had surgery?
I like this post. More please!

EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Post by EverettGriz » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:31 pm

maroonandsilver wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:22 pm
:o

:clap:
Booze is the duct tape of life.

MissoulaMarinerFan

Post by MissoulaMarinerFan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:49 pm

I saw him at the Lady Griz game and he was looking pretty stiff... Though that could be because he was running stairs earlier. Fingers crossed!

maroonandsilver
eGriz Club

Post by maroonandsilver » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:09 pm

MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:49 pm
I saw him at the Lady Griz game and he was looking pretty stiff... Though that could be because he was running stairs earlier. Fingers crossed!
I probably should have phrased it better. By "doing stairs" I mean simply walking down them without apparent discomfort or limp. Not to be confused with the "doing stairs" we remember as a work out.

LivingstonNative

Post by LivingstonNative » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:28 pm

:shock:
maroonandsilver wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:09 pm
I probably should have phrased it better. By "doing stairs" I mean simply walking down them without apparent discomfort or limp. Not to be confused with the "doing stairs" we remember as a work out.
:shock: Dang! I thought we had something there, with him “doing stairs”.

MikeyGriz

Post by MikeyGriz » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Could we pray for a return before the tournament?

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:21 pm

maroonandsilver wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:09 pm
Yeah, slight difference there.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

MikeyGriz

Post by MikeyGriz » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:56 pm

MikeyGriz wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:02 pm
Could we pray for a return before the tournament?
You know those young kids heal a lot faster than us old alumni!

62GRIZ

Post by 62GRIZ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:58 am

I'm sure every surgery is different, but I've had both knees fixed with arthroscopic surgery and quick recovery. After suffering for many years and hiking stiff-legged on downhill stretches I got the worst one checked out and was told it was an easy fix. Half of the meniscus was so bad it was folding over on itself and made walking miserable. I had surgery on a Monday and was told I wouldn't want to walk on it for a few days so picked up rental crutches on the way home. Arriving at home the knee felt so good I didn't use the crutches to get into the house and go up a flight of stairs. On Friday I called the surgeon and asked if it would be OK to go skiing the next day. He said,"You feel good enough to ski? Go for it, you won't hurt anything." I skied all day at Big Mountain with no pain. I got the other knee fixed a couple weeks later and have had NO pain in either knee after twelve years of mountain climbing and backpacking. I think there is reason to be optimistic!

WaGriz4life

Post by WaGriz4life » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:06 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:54 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
garizzalies wrote:
HookedonGriz wrote:
Positive side to that is, some hotshot young coach wants to coach in the PAC-12? come coach at Montana for 4-5 years...they’ll be beating down the door!!! :lol:
And the good news is we already have one on staff, Chris Cobb

maroonandsilver
eGriz Club

Post by maroonandsilver » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:33 pm

WaGriz4life wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:06 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:54 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
garizzalies wrote:

And the good news is we already have one on staff, Chris Cobb
Exactly! If Travis leaves, and you want to retain this great incoming recruiting class, and you want to continue the same defensive philosophy, Cobb should be hired.

EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Post by EverettGriz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:39 pm

Cobb will get the job if TDC gets hi...hir...hired a...awa...

Can’t even make myself say it.
Booze is the duct tape of life.