• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Akoh

Mousegriz

Anyone confirm his injury? I heard rumor of "meniscus" which even if minor might be a big problem for Griz and their late season plans.

I can only go by what I saw before the EWU game. He was moving very slowly and appeared to be in pain. If it's a bruise or pull, he might be back soon. If it's more, it would be best to keep him grounded, until the conference tourney.

Any news floating around about Akoh's availability for BBQU this Thursday? Another huge game for the Griz (aren't they all, at this point?) that'll likely have much to say about the final standings and seeding in the tournament. If our perimeter game is present, I like our chances with or without the big guy, but if not...could be a long night. Weber will certainly come out wanting to avenge their loss in Missoula, and preserve their shot at the regular-season crown. Looking forward to seeing how the Griz handle themselves in this one!

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
Any news floating around about Akoh's availability for BBQU this Thursday? Another huge game for the Griz (aren't they all, at this point?) that'll likely have much to say about the final standings and seeding in the tournament. If our perimeter game is present, I like our chances with or without the big guy, but if not...could be a long night. Weber will certainly come out wanting to avenge their loss in Missoula, and preserve their shot at the regular-season crown. Looking forward to seeing how the Griz handle themselves in this one!
[/quote

He’s done for the year

Fathergriz said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

He’s done for the year

Yeah, news I have heard isn't great.

grizindabox said:
Fathergriz said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

He’s done for the year

Yeah, news I have heard isn't great.

Devastating if true.

Just listened to the radio broadcast of the Grizzly Sports Show (Riley Corcoran). I missed the first part, but what I picked up is that it appears serious, but that a final diagnosis of the injury hadn't yet been communicated to coaches. If surgery is required, his season, of course, is over. If rest & recuperation... still a long shot with a tiny thread of hope.

AZGrizFan said:
Well, I guess we’re really going to find out what Anderson & Carter are made of now.
Ever teach your kids to drive a car? How was the experience? These bench guys have been watching everyone drive all season, and now its their turn(no pun intended). No more little break in period, we are in the end of the season mode, everything on the line. It is rush hour on a busy Interstate. Maybe they should have had more game experience. A little late to think of that now.

tourist said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well, I guess we’re really going to find out what Anderson & Carter are made of now.
Ever teach your kids to drive a car? How was the experience? These bench guys have been watching everyone drive all season, and now its their turn(no pun intended). No more little break in period, we are in the end of the season mode, everything on the line. It is rush hour on a busy Interstate. Maybe they should have had more game experience. A little late to think of that now.
If indeed no Akoh, I suspect we will see primarily a seven man rotation with Falls and Manuel coming off of the bench.

grizzlyjournal said:
Just listened to the radio broadcast of the Grizzly Sports Show (Riley Corcoran). I missed the first part, but what I picked up is that it appears serious, but that a final diagnosis of the injury hadn't yet been communicated to coaches. If surgery is required, his season, of course, is over. If rest & recuperation... still a long shot with a tiny thread of hope.

Akoh was slammed under the Griz basket by, what I thought, was an intentional foul by the Idaho player and Akoh went down hard. No foul was even called. I thought he was badly hurt but no one mentioned it when he limped off. This is bad news for the Griz. Will Dorsey and Pridgett be able to fill in? They are prone to fouls.
Braxton, for Weber State, was out of the line up last game, so I wonder if he is also hurt. Thursday will be tough game. After that, though, the schedule is good for UM.

GrizLA said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Akoh was slammed under the Griz basket by, what I thought, was an intentional foul by the Idaho player and Akoh went down hard. No foul was even called. I thought he was badly hurt but no one mentioned it when he limped off. This is bad news for the Griz. Will Dorsey and Pridgett be able to fill in? They are prone to fouls.
Braxton, for Weber State, was out of the line up last game, so I wonder if he is also hurt. Thursday will be tough game. After that, though, the schedule is good for UM.

From what I hear that fall made the lingering injury he had worse to the point that it is more than likely season ending. I thought the Idaho player put a little extra on it as well. Will be interesting to see what this team has and can do without that big body in the middle. Sucks for Jamar to have such an injury filled senior season

The Griz are an entirely different and better team with Jamar. His defense alone and rebounding are immeasurable tangibles that the team misses greatly when he’s on the bench. Without Jamar it would be a Christmas miracle for this team to make the tourney and some of Coach Decuires finest work. I will root for them to the very end but this news is very concerning.

HookedonGriz said:
The Griz are an entirely different and better team with Jamar. His defense alone and rebounding are immeasurable tangibles that the team misses greatly when he’s on the bench. Without Jamar it would be a Christmas miracle for this team to make the tourney and some of Coach Decuires finest work. I will root for them to the very end but this news is very concerning.

Agree. And it's not just his physical presence that will be missed; he really is the emotional leader of this team, as well. Time for our young bigs to step up, but honestly? I don't think we've got one on the roster that's capable of producing 32+ minutes/game of even serviceable 5 play. Hope I'm wrong, and this won't affect the enthusiasm with which I'll support this team one iota...

Hopefully we will see Jamar back soon! But assuming the worst, it is time for the other three Bigs to step up. With the recent scoring resurgence by Dorsey, Manuel and Morehead I don't think Akoh's point production will be missed, but his rebounding, defense and leadership certainly will be. No one will replace that leadership, but if the remaining post player's between them can provide half of what Jamar did both rebounding and defensively, we might be alright!

Back