• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What happened to our high octane pressing, and trapping D????

keena52

??????Michigian, Pitt, and Penn couldn’t handle our trapping aggressive D last year. We just couldn’t shoot FT, or make the 3. Is our coach so confident that we shouldn’t play to our strength’s this year until the tournament that we may not make? We had enough respect early preseason to get maybe a 12-13 seed. What now coach? Go with what made you special?? Damn. There is other things too, but damn we are more athletic this year than last, and we can’t suffocate the last two BigSky teams from beating us. COME ON!

Also, we are so much more athletic than the rest of conference that Okah being in foul trouble, or the other stupid calls shouldn’t have effected game? It’s all been lack of defensive pressure, and the new rotation’s causing Falls less minutes, Kendal more, and trying to get Dorsey anything?? There is zero cohesion on the offense right now.

Our offense right now looks like chickens with their heads cut off. There isn’t a offense? Even worse when someone puts a Zone on us. Uff Da!

Tonight, Falls, Moorehead, Manuel and Dorsey had 25, 24, 16 and 9 minutes. Falls fouled out. Due to foul trouble, Akoh had only 20 minutes. They each had 1 bucket in 15 total attempts.

I didn't see the game. I am making no point. Just providing stats.

PlayerRep said:
Tonight, Falls, Moorehead, Manuel and Dorsey had 25, 24, 16 and 9 minutes. Falls fouled out. Due to foul trouble, Akoh had only 20 minutes. They each had 1 bucket in 15 total attempts.

I didn't see the game. I am making no point. Just providing stats.

Gotcha Rep. I also looked at stats after my rant, but this team is not even playing pressure D close to last year. That D last year was our saving grace cause we couldn’t shoot. It did cause transition buckets though? This year, I think we are shooting better all around besides FT? But we aren’t aggressive on D anymore?

I agree that the D isn't as good this year. Krslovich was great on the trap out front.

While the team has played great many times this year, lately, I've noticed more times when they seemed out of sync. Sometimes even tentative. Again, didn't watch the game tonight, so don't know what occurred.

I think the team really lacks when Akoh isn't on the court this year.

Were Akoh's fouls deserved tonight? And why did Falls foul out in so few minutes?

I think it’s due to Travis wanting to not tire Akoh out because there are not many reliable options off the bench just yet

Great Win Griz! Best game in a long while. Moorhead’s D was outstanding for sure. Great shooting, and awesome team effort. We didn’t even need the kind of pressure this post was about tonight. Great game.

Latest posts

Back