• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

PSU a Good Loss :-p

CleanHOUSE

Ok what an encouraging game! we can play half ass and be up by 9 and have a chance to run away with the game several times!
But seriously, pretty disappointing loss, Rorie had one drive to the basket in the 2nd half and Oguine, the best slasher in the conference who gashed Pac 12 Zona and Ga St. many times, so far in conference seems content to hang out on the wing and be 35% 3pt shooter. Our actual 3pt shooter Manual was the only one driving to the cup against PSU smh...(To be fair Oginue got fouled a lot inside the arc so maybe he was looking to slash sometimes). Holland for PSU drove to the hoop time after time and that won the game for them.
Also can I put some of this loss on the crowd, quiet passive no urgency fuel the team,, pretty lame didnt feel like much of a home court advantage,
OK so the (negative minded) POSITIVES: 1.Any hope of a special season is over, out of conference was mediocre and now a home conference loss eliminates any hope of an undefeated conference season so we are locked in to a 15 seed...maybe a 14 depending on other teams. SO pressure to be better than last year is off, we clearly IMO have the best roster in the conference so it doesnt really matter what seed we get in the conference tournament as long as we make the conference tourny we have a great shot to win it. Which means its ok if we lose 3 or 4 conference games and we can afford to play a deeper rotation and really develop our bigs and young guards so that when we lose so much at the end of the year we will have a roster that will still be ready to compete for the conference title.
SO going forward we just need to worry about developing a deep team for the bigsky tourny and next year and wins and losses dont matter to much. This team clearly suffers from inconsistency, but I think our ceiling is actually a bit higher than last year so if we play in march madness our A-game capable of pulling a upset and is not affected by a bad loss to PSU.
To be honest im just indulging my defeatist feelings at this point because i fell into the trap of thinking last year was great and therefore this year with the same team back plus new additions we will therefor be even better!

I don’t think I’ve seen anything to date that would have me preordaining what “seed” we get when we (default) win the tourney. This is NOT last year’s team, by a long stretch. They’ve got a ways to go to get there...will they? Who knows...but i wouldn’t be counting our chickens at this point...and last night’s game is living proof of that.

Back