• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Griz Transfer: Yagizhan Selcuk

A 6-8 frosh transfer from Towson committed to the Griz tonight. He is originally from Istanbul, Turkey.

https://mobile.twitter.com/khansen406/status/1081406507252629506

Looks like he played for Towson or was set to at one point:

https://towsontigers.com/news/2018/10/31/mens-basketball-getting-to-know-yagizhan-selcuk.aspx

He's a prep school kid, who had been recruited by a bunch of schools including Montana. Don't know why he's leaving Towson.

So, no scholarships remaining. He will pay his own way first year. I'm assuming he has to sit out his first year here unless he enrolls this semester and then he will only have to sit until January of 2020? Either way, he will have 3, maybe 3.5 years of eligibility left? Anyway, a lot to like about his game. I think he plays a bit like Sayeed, just a bigger, taller frame.

Looks like a heck of a player. Moves well with the ball, gets to the hoop and can score. He looks athletic enough to defend outside the line.

Do we know when he’ll be available to play? Is he transferring for spring semester? Would that allow him to play for most of next years conference season?

Karl Nocholas is playing this year, is there a chance he doesn’t have to sit and could be eligible all next season?

Good moves around the basket as well. Not great hops with minimal dunks. Sounds silly, but that little extra is important at D1 level to avoid blocks at times...especially at 6’8”.

PeauxRouge said:
So, no scholarships remaining. He will pay his own way first year. I'm assuming he has to sit out his first year here unless he enrolls this semester and then he will only have to sit until January of 2020? Either way, he will have 3, maybe 3.5 years of eligibility left? Anyway, a lot to like about his game. I think he plays a bit like Sayeed, just a bigger, taller frame.

You beat me to these questions by a couple minutes!

Back