• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs College of Idaho

Potomac Griz

Didn't see a game thread for this yet and since i'm home with the plague instead of at the game figured I'd start one.

College of Idaho (NAIA) is ranked (as of November 27th) #2 in the coaches poll. They're 13-1 on the year. They played Utah earlier this year in an exhibition game and lost 96-76.

Game is on PlutoTV or on the Big Sky website streaming. Decent quality so far, but some interruptions that go to the Griz logo and some pixelation but not too bad.

Griz up 32-10 with under 6 to go in the first half. Griz have hit 6 3 pointers so far and are currently on a 13-0 run.

Timmy Falls is playing, Akoh is not suited up. Starters for the Griz were Rorie, Oguine, Moorehead, Pridgett and Kramer.

Nice to see them looking like they are just a different level, not playing down to competition. It will still be tough to beat them as bad as Indiana beat the Cats 80-35 but I think we have a chance lol. Nice to see them draining wide open 3s, that is something they couldnt do last year. Last year we would have got the same good looks but would have missed half of them and wouldnt be able to just blow the doors off like a team thats just on another level. BUT Ogi has the yipps wtf it really bad, I wonder if he ever recovered from missing that FT that could have sent the game with Wash last year to OT

Griz up 48-22 at halftime. Griz are shooting 66.7% from the field (20-30) and 61.5% from 3 (8-13).

Rorie has 11, Pridgett has 10, Moorehead has 8, Oguine and Manuel have 6, Anderson has 4 and Falls has 3. Kramer hasn't scored but has 5 rebounds, 2 blocked shots and a steal.

Hopefully this is a game where we can see some of the players deeper on the bench who aren't redshirting. Would like to see the 2nd half end up resulting in a nice comfortable 30 point win with a good number of minutes for Carter, Brown, Anderson, Jones and Kramer.

CleanHOUSE said:
OMG the ref is missing so many calls!! Call a travel on the blue team already! This is a travesty!

Pretty sure they missed a foul at the end there! The player in blue got absolutely mauled under the basket right before time expired. Going to have to re-watch that when the game is up on replay and maybe send a video clip off to ...uh.... not sure who .... so that ref'n crew can be reprimanded! Damn big sky halftime entertainment refs...

I'd really like ti see the Griz force it down low to the young bigs see if they can get to practice some actual back to the basket post moves and gain the confidence to make a few buckets when we play better competition

Probably not necessary to homer a NAIA DII team when you're up 33. Save that for the more important games!

Sitting Here watching the game. I was thinking that #25 for the Yotes looked like he was 29. Turns out he IS late 20s. Riley just mentioned he graduated HS in '09 and served in the Military for a while and, I believe, he is now a freshman after one of the coaches convinced him to join up.

Griz looked good. Falls was first off bench. Dorsey came late in each half. Played 9 players in first half and 11, I think, in second half.

Not so hot free throw shooting again. Some great passing, especially in first half. Morehead scored some points. Kramer was really blocking shots. Needs to look for a shot more when he gets the ball down low. Manuel hit a couple 3's and then missed a bunch. Rorie and Pridgett had nice games. Oguine too.

Our free throw shooting is worrying. Another poor night from the line shooting 54 percent. Haven't seen other Big Sky teams play yet this year, but after watching alot of Big Sky basketball over the years I'm confident we are the best team in the conference. That doesn't mean we are far and away a shoo-in to make the tourney. It looks like Northern Colorado and Weber are talented just from quickly browsing early season scores. If we don't improve our free-throw shooting it will be easy to get upset in the Big Sky conference tournament. Would be a poor way for such a talented team to end a season. Free-throws are so important in close games.

PlayerRep said:
Griz looked good. Falls was first off bench. Dorsey came late in each half. Played 9 players in first half and 11, I think, in second half.

Not so hot free throw shooting again. Some great passing, especially in first half. Morehead scored some points. Kramer was really blocking shots. Needs to look for a shot more when he gets the ball down low. Manuel hit a couple 3's and then missed a bunch. Rorie and Pridgett had nice games. Oguine too.

I thought the Griz looked.....disinterested. Perhaps that's a function of going so deep into the bench, I don't know...just didn't seem to have the defensive energy they had last year.

rocklobster said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1069844189678948352

Colter, is there any news on Akoh’s availability for the Irvine game?

"He'll continue to be evaluated and try to get strength and all those things and then we will see where they are at," DeCuire said. "Right now, we have no timetable."

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

I thought the Griz looked.....disinterested. Perhaps that's a function of going so deep into the bench, I don't know...just didn't seem to have the defensive energy they had last year.

They did have good energy and defense in the first half. They played hard. Even in the early part of the second half. Perhaps you had a better view. I was only in row 1 across from the bench.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

They did in the first half. They played hard. Even in the early part of the second half. Perhaps you had a better view. I was only in row 1 across from the bench.

No, smartass, I didn't have a better view. and I only watched the 2nd half. In THAT half, they looked disinterested with little/none on the defensive end.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
rocklobster said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1069844189678948352

Colter, is there any news on Akoh’s availability for the Irvine game?

"He'll continue to be evaluated and try to get strength and all those things and then we will see where they are at," DeCuire said. "Right now, we have no timetable."

Thanks!

Back