• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Creighton

cmtgrizzly

Beat #16 Clemson. What an opportunity for our guys! I guess Akoh wont play and maybe not TFalls. Still a great opportunity. Lets go fellas!

Creighton, Arizona, and Irvine are opportunities for the Griz to show they belong among the top mid majors. I think they can do it.

GrizLA said:
Creighton, Arizona, and Irvine are opportunities for the Griz to show they belong among the top mid majors. I think they can do it.

Unfortunately, Akoh will likely not be back for Creighton. However, here are the out of conference games he should be playing in. I like our chances much better with him.

Sat, Dec 8
@UC Irvine
8:00 PM

Mon, Dec 17
vs North Dakota State
7:00 PM

Wed, Dec 19
@Arizona
6:30 PM
PAC12

Sat, Dec 22
@South Dakota State
6:00 PM

The B'Jay's and the Griz are almost identical in team stats (ESPN). This will be a great test especially if Akoh and Timmy don't suit up. Should be fun to see how Manuel and Dorsey handle Creighton, considering they've each played a number of Top 25 teams at their previous schools. I know Oguine, Rorie, Pridgett, and Bobby will be ready. Not to confident in a win since CrayCray clobbered Georgia State, but hopefully they can hang with the big boys. Go Griz!

Also its on FS1, so no crappy streaming services!

https://gogriz.com/news/2018/11/26/mens-basketball-griz-face-tough-test-at-creighton.aspx Scouting Report on Creighton

https://gocreighton.com/news/2018/11/26/mens-basketball-hosts-montana-on-wednesday-night.aspx Creighton's version of the Scouting Report.

griz71 said:
https://gogriz.com/news/2018/11/26/mens-basketball-griz-face-tough-test-at-creighton.aspx Scouting Report on Creighton

No mention of Akoh or Falls. Let the speculation continue! :evil:

Had been considering the 2hr drive from Des Moines over to Omaha for this game - might be a day of decision.

This is a true measuring stick. If the GRIZ want to be a top mid major and be considered as a 10-11 seed, they have to win a few of these games, and be competitive in all of them.

TDC has had a long time to prepare for this game. I think it’ll come down to the final minutes. Not sure we have enough without Akoh, but if we can avoid the multi-minute scoring slumps that seem to pervade this team, I like our chances to make it a final possession game.

It’s time for this program to take that next step.

GO GRIZ!!

EverettGriz said:
This is a true measuring stick. If the GRIZ want to be a top mid major and be considered as a 10-11 seed, they have to win a few of these games, and be competitive in all of them.

TDC has had a long time to prepare for this game. I think it’ll come down to the final minutes. Not sure we have enough without Akoh, but if we can avoid the multi-minute scoring slumps that seem to pervade this team, I like our chances to make it a final possession game.

GO GRIZ!!
[/quote+1

EverettGriz said:

GO GRIZ!!
+1

I actually feel, we match up well with Creighton. They are a terrific 3 point shooting team. Both teams are great defenses, especially defending the 3. They are very reliant on the 3. Like the GRIZ, they don't have a dominant rebounding presence. Creighton actually struggles from the FT line too. They are shooting FT's at .667 as a team this season Their best regular is Mitch Ballock at .800 (only 8/10). The GRIZ get to the FT line more often. They also go about 9 deep. Their best big is Martin Krampelj. He averages around 5.5 rebounds, only shoots 50% from the line, and 6.3 ppg. I honestly would be forcing him to score from the line and actually let him get the ball inside. Kramer, Anderson, Dorsey, Pridgett have plenty of fouls to use on him. I wouldn't go to fouling a lot unless Creighton starts pulling away, or their offense is in rhythm. If the GRIZ can keep the game within 10 points with 7 minutes left, then this strategy can work for the GRIZ.

I feel, the GRIZ should continue to emphasize defending the 3. If Creighton gets in a rhythm, use our depth to send them to the line, and challenge their weakness. Offensively, the GRIZ absolutely have to attack the rim, in hopes of getting them in foul trouble.

This game appears to come down to who defends the 3 better, shoots better ft's, and which teams guards play better. They have the edge from 3. The GRIZ have the edge in penetrating and drawing fouls. I want to see Oguine, Rorie, Pridgett, Falls (if he plays), Manuel, Dorsey take the ball to the hole consistently. For being highly touted, Creighton is a great match up for the GRIZ. Even without Akoh, I like our chances. If the officiating is close to even, this game will likely come down to the wire. I hope DeCuire has the boys come out AGGRESSIVE from the get go.

Also keep in mind, Creighton has 1 of the best home courts in the nation. However, as someone who experienced Creighton basketball a lot over the years (as recently as 2014), their fans and students tend to not attend or get as hyped for teams not from big conferences and outside of the top 40 in the nation. The timing of this game is perfect for the GRIZ.

#gogriz

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but Creighton hosts Gonzaga on Saturday. They look like a pretty young team, four of their leading scorers are underclassmen. You wonder how that affects their mindset heading into tonight's game.

Can't wait! Go Griz!

mtgrizrule said:
I actually feel, we match up well with Creighton. They are a terrific 3 point shooting team. Both teams are great defenses, especially defending the 3. They are very reliant on the 3. Like the GRIZ, they don't have a dominant rebounding presence. Creighton actually struggles from the FT line too. They are shooting FT's at .667 as a team this season Their best regular is Mitch Ballock at .800 (only 8/10). The GRIZ get to the FT line more often. They also go about 9 deep. Their best big is Martin Krampelj. He averages around 5.5 rebounds, only shoots 50% from the line, and 6.3 ppg. I honestly would be forcing him to score from the line and actually let him get the ball inside. Kramer, Anderson, Dorsey, Pridgett have plenty of fouls to use on him. I wouldn't go to fouling a lot unless Creighton starts pulling away, or their offense is in rhythm. If the GRIZ can keep the game within 10 points with 7 minutes left, then this strategy can work for the GRIZ.

I feel, the GRIZ should continue to emphasize defending the 3. If Creighton gets in a rhythm, use our depth to send them to the line, and challenge their weakness. Offensively, the GRIZ absolutely have to attack the rim, in hopes of getting them in foul trouble.

This game appears to come down to who defends the 3 better, shoots better ft's, and which teams guards play better. They have the edge from 3. The GRIZ have the edge in penetrating and drawing fouls. I want to see Oguine, Rorie, Pridgett, Falls (if he plays), Manuel, Dorsey take the ball to the hole consistently. For being highly touted, Creighton is a great match up for the GRIZ. Even without Akoh, I like our chances. If the officiating is close to even, this game will likely come down to the wire. I hope DeCuire has the boys come out AGGRESSIVE from the get go.

Also keep in mind, Creighton has 1 of the best home courts in the nation. However, as someone who experienced Creighton basketball a lot over the years (as recently as 2014), their fans and students tend to not attend or get as hyped for teams not from big conferences and outside of the top 40 in the nation. The timing of this game is perfect for the GRIZ.

#gogriz

Yeah I love this team, but if we are running the same team that we had against Ga South and that has been getting killed on the boards then I see no chance to really be competitive this game. We almost beat UWash and Stanford last year because while we couldn't shoot for Sh*t our D was so good we never let a game get (mostly) beyond 10pts, but our D does not seem as stiffing this year

Back