• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ranking All 353 DI Teams

I love that many of the teams the Griz play OOC are similarly ranked. Will be a true barometer for this team!

Props to anyone trying to rank ALL 353 teams. Of course there will be arguments about certain teams, but I'm not gonna rip anyone who spent hours to make an attempt at this Herculian task. Pre-season rankings are always a guess-work at best, The most shocking ranking I saw was Santa Clara at #285. I have no idea if that is inaccurate, but they use to be the #2 or 3 team in the WCC, and have an impressive 11 NCAA tourney wins. I don't know how the last coach was allowed to have 7 losing seasons out of 9 when b-ball is the only sport your school cares about, but Herb Sendek should turn things around soon. He's had 19 winning D1 seasons and 8 NCAA tourney appearances, and only 6 losing seasons.

flatheadgriz406 said:
This is amazing. I can't imagine how long this took to write and research.

He was on Barstool Radio yesterday and said it took FOREVER, and he revised it something like 58 times. I think it must've taken at least 50 hours. The craziest thing is he said he talked to a lot of the coaches. Obviously couldn't talk them all, but all he could.

citay said:
Ranking Montana State ahead of Weber State sent big turds hopping across my shit detector.

He seemed to hedge ranking them a full 11 above Weber by saying it's dependent on Hall stepping it up:

"147. Montana State (Big Sky)
This will all depend on what Tyler Hall we get to see. Hall was expected to be a star last year and while he struggled just a bit, he didn’t get much help around him. I’ll bank on Hall being the star this year and upping his average from 17 per game."

Where would you rank the other 351?

PeauxRouge said:
MT Jack said:
NAU. #331.

Ugh.

Did you guys get rid of Jack yet? He honestly seems like a cancer on your program.

Nope. Murphy's still in Flagstaff. I don't live in Flagstaff and only catch a handful of games each year but I follow the team. I don't see him as a cancer. He's not exactly "warm and fuzzy" on the sidelines during the game but neither is DeCuire. I actually see a lot of similarities in personality between the two. But I don't have a burr in my saddle over the NAU-UM conference tourney post game brouhaha in Missoula anymore.

NAU's problem was bringing in something like 6-8 players from a Florida AAU team a few years back as their recruiting class. They put all their eggs in that one basket but only one player remains from that group as a senior. The rest dropped out, washed our, never saw the court or got in some sort of trouble.

Murphy's recruiting brought about one of NAU's best seasons ever with their run to the CIT championship game. The 2-3 seasons before that had NAU competitive as well. He can motivate and he he can win.

PS - I may throw give you Griz some love and scoot down to Tucson for the UA-UM game in December. UA hoops is a bit of a mess but they're not decimated like some people expected. It'll be a hard game for the Griz but I hope they can compete.

MT Jack said:
PeauxRouge said:
MT Jack said:
NAU. #331.

Ugh.

Did you guys get rid of Jack yet? He honestly seems like a cancer on your program.

Nope. Murphy's still in Flagstaff. I don't live in Flagstaff and only catch a handful of games each year but I follow the team. I don't see him as a cancer. He's not exactly "warm and fuzzy" on the sidelines during the game but neither is DeCuire. I actually see a lot of similarities in personality between the two. But I don't have a burr in my saddle over the NAU-UM conference tourney post game brouhaha in Missoula anymore.

NAU's problem was bringing in something like 6-8 players from a Florida AAU team a few years back as their recruiting class. They put all their eggs in that one basket but only one player remains from that group as a senior. The rest dropped out, washed our, never saw the court or got in some sort of trouble.

Murphy's recruiting brought about one of NAU's best seasons ever with their run to the CIT championship game. The 2-3 seasons before that had NAU competitive as well. He can motivate and he he can win.

PS - I may throw give you Griz some love and scoot down to Tucson for the UA-UM game in December. UA hoops is a bit of a mess but they're not decimated like some people expected. It'll be a hard game for the Griz but I hope they can compete.

Hey, MT Jack, don't think I was trying to get under your skin as I sure wasn't. I recall the decent seasons with him and I actually really liked the "altercation" between he and DeCuire. I thought it added spice to our series and I look forward to it now. But, man, they did walk off a cliff as of late and I do like it when NAU is competitive. Will he get another season if they have a dismal year this year?

citay said:
Ranking Montana State ahead of Weber State sent big turds hopping across my shit detector.

Agreed. That ranking is ALL because of the most over-hyped Big-Sky player ever,IMO-Tyler Hall. He ain't Jack from what I've seen, at least he is unable to carry his talent-less teammates. You can double-team him and (besides Frey) they have been awful. I would bet a lot of $ that Weber finishes ahead of MSU, knowing nothing about this year's Weber team. They ALWAYS seem to have a good team and are the only team in the conference with a home-court advantage anymore.

PeauxRouge said:
CDAGRIZ said:
This madman went ahead and ranked all the DI teams. All of them. Griz checking in at 80 with a pretty good blurb. See anything interesting with the sizegenetics to other BSC teams?

https://www.barstoolsports.com/bars...llege-basketball-teams-for-the-2018-19-season

Yeah, they ranked NCU too low and ranked MSU way too high. Probably ranked ISU too high, too, but I get why they did that.

I agree the NCU is ranked much lower than they deserve. However, the ISU is ranked fine. I think they have worked hard for it.

Back