• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tourney unit payout

AZDoc

DONOR
There was some talk in the football thread about basketball making money for the school. Anyone know how BSC does the payout? Is it equal across the board or only round 1 and the winner keeps it all after round 1? I tried to find it online, and thought was discussed in here last March, but couldn’t find anything.

AZDoc said:
There was some talk in the football thread about basketball making money for the school. Anyone know how BSC does the payout? Is it equal across the board or only round 1 and the winner keeps it all after round 1? I tried to find it online, and thought was discussed in here last March, but couldn’t find anything.

My understanding is all payout is split between all schools.

Right now, it is equal. With that said, I believe it would be more motivating to dangle more money to the team that represents in the conference tournament. Maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the money to that school. Another option would be to have 50% to 100% bonus for any team or teams (if we ever get multiple bids, likely not to happen) for every win after the round of 64. That would be a great way to supplement coaching salaries in the conference, or to have money to put back into the program.

mtgrizrule said:
Right now, it is equal. With that said, I believe it would be more motivating to dangle more money to the team that represents in the conference tournament. Maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the money to that school. Another option would be to have 50% to 100% bonus for any team or teams (if we ever get multiple bids, likely not to happen) for every win after the round of 64. That would be a great way to supplement coaching salaries in the conference, or to have money to put back into the program.

My thoughts were equal first round, but after that, team keeps it all. I'm pretty sure Gonzaga has negotiated something similar since they represent every year. I'd be happy with 50% of the second round. That would be just enough, as you said, to boost coaches pay, etc

Back