• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018-19 Mens Basketball Schedule

Paytonlives

Staff member
Home vs. Georgia State (Nov 9th)
Home vs. Montana Tech (Nov 12th)
@ Bahamas Showcase (Nov 16-18)
@ Creighton (Nov 28th)
@ UC Irvine (Dec 8th)
Home vs. North Dakota State (Dec 17)
@ Arizona (Dec 19th)
South Dakota State (Away- Date not set)

The Griz will receive $100,000 in guarantee-game money from Creighton for the matchup against the Big East foe that made the NCAA tournament last year. They’re up to $195,000 in scheduled payments for their non-conference games; they’re contracted to get $95,000 from Arizona for the game against the Pac-12 team on Dec. 19.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-grizzlies-to-play-at-creighton-in---season/article_c9ef9559-38e0-5d9b-9c2d-065c567bae3c.html

Paytonlives said:
Arizona (Away- Dec 19th)
Creighton (Omaha, NE)
Georgia State (Home)
North Dakota State (Away)
South Dakota State (Away)
UC Irvine (Home)

The Griz will receive $100,000 in guarantee-game money from Creighton for the matchup against the Big East foe that made the NCAA tournament last year. They’re up to $195,000 in scheduled payments for their non-conference games; they’re contracted to get $95,000 from Arizona for the game against the Pac-12 team on Dec. 19.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-grizzlies-to-play-at-creighton-in---season/article_c9ef9559-38e0-5d9b-9c2d-065c567bae3c.html

That's pretty. I can see the Griz win 3 of those games, maybe even 4-2.

I thought we were playing Kansas as well. And what about UCLA? After stiffing us on the cancellation, don't they at least owe us a game?

Montana Tech at home November 12th

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-p/university-of-montana/montana-grizzlies-agree-to-host-montana-tech-during--/article_5658b44b-e8b7-5016-8d18-7f8e12ddf8c0.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

citay said:
I thought we were playing Kansas as well. And what about UCLA? After stiffing us on the cancellation, don't they at least owe us a game?

I, personally, agree that UCLA "owes" us game, but they got away with screwing us somehow-no $, no re-schedule,nothing. They claimed it was unsafe for fans to travel to the campus for the game, even though UCLA rented out their practice facility to an NBA team that same day (which I am guessing they don't provide for free). Ridiculous!

I am excited about Creighton. They've had 3 straight 20+ win seasons. They are similar to Gonzaga in that they are both Jesuit schools with similar enrollments and rely solely on BB for their identity and athletic dept revenue (no football). Ironically, their most famous alumni ever (IMO) is best known for being one of the greatest baseball pitchers of all-time, although he was also a star BB player at CU and played for the Harlem Globetrotters before focusing on baseball.

Zirg said:
I am excited about Creighton. They've had 3 straight 20+ win seasons. They are similar to Gonzaga in that they are both Jesuit schools with similar enrollments and rely solely on BB for their identity and athletic dept revenue (no football). Ironically, their most famous alumni ever (IMO) is best known for being one of the greatest baseball pitchers of all-time, although he was also a star BB player at CU and played for the Harlem Globetrotters before focusing on baseball.

Oh...I know...I know...pick me!

Oh they were so mean to cancel.
19223691_skirball-fire-map-current-location-of_tde922e98.jpg

Zirg said:
citay said:

I, personally, agree that UCLA "owes" us game, but they got away with screwing us somehow-no $, no re-schedule,nothing. They claimed it was unsafe for fans to travel to the campus for the game, even though UCLA rented out their practice facility to an NBA team that same day (which I am guessing they don't provide for free). Ridiculous!

Proud Griz Man said:

Zirg said:
citay said:

Those cars were all on their way to the Montana game!

The Griz have been announced as a participant in the Island of the Bahamas Showcase in mid-November. Looks like that leaves one final game to be announced for a full 18-19 schedule.
http://thebahamasshowcase.com/#!/teams

[media]https://twitter.com/FrankGogola/status/1015749757665513472[/media]

Three games in three days prepares us for the Big Sky tournament. Remember, you don't have to be the best team in the Big Sky to make it to the Dance. Just the best in the tournament.

Plus this looks to me like a winnable tournament.

AZDoc said:
Zirg said:

Oh...I know...I know...pick me!

I trust that you know, but for anyone else that was wondering, the answer is Bob Gibson.

citay said:
Proud Griz Man said:

Zirg said:
citay said:

Those cars were all on their way to the Montana game!

hehe, I doubt it. I CAN understand being so big-time that you cancel a game for frivolous reasons, but then to screw Montana over and not offer any compensation (or re-schedule) is what I am still upset about. Even if a few fans didn't make it to the game, how is that better than to never play the game at all? Who did that benefit? UCLA coffers only is the answer. I know Creighton would never be so ingenuous.

I understand your frustration but it's early. Sometimes it takes a couple years to get it worked out. We might get a reschedule.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

grizzlyjournal said:
The Griz have been announced as a participant in the Island of the Bahamas Showcase in mid-November. Looks like that leaves one final game to be announced for a full 18-19 schedule.
http://thebahamasshowcase.com/#!/teams

[media]https://twitter.com/FrankGogola/status/1015749757665513472[/media]

I see us winning some games there.

coyote said:
I understand your frustration but it's early. Sometimes it takes a couple years to get it worked out. We might get a reschedule.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

from what I heard, it was "officially" accepted by everyone that it's a dead-deal and UM just let UCLA S*** on us". I am no expert on these negotiations, but I would like my coach, or better my AD, to say a few pissed-off remarks, and demand some retribution even if none ever comes.

Back