Hey!

Griz & Big Sky Conference Basketball
citay

So we’re a basketball school! :cry:
A-15’s massacre and decapitate innocent schoolchildren such that their bodies can only be identified by their DNA and tennis shoes like spoons make you fat.
rocklobster

citay wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:16 pm So we’re a basketball school! :cry:
A work in progress with this team, but the future looks bright! This team will get their system down and Travis will get his substitutions more in sync. Moody is such a fighter. Bannon is getting stronger. Dishon will keep improving. The hi lo passing could really be a strength as the season goes on. Expectations look better than last year for sure.
grizzlyjournal

rocklobster wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:41 pm
citay wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:16 pm So we’re a basketball school! :cry:
A work in progress with this team, but the future looks bright! This team will get their system down and Travis will get his substitutions more in sync. Moody is such a fighter. Bannon is getting stronger. Dishon will keep improving. The hi lo passing could really be a strength as the season goes on. Expectations look better than last year for sure.
:clap: Add: A significantly deeper bench with players who will significantly buttress this team as it heads into conference play. Also: Five players not suited up, meaning the program is clearly building for the future.
rocklobster

grizzlyjournal wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:49 pm

:clap: Add: A significantly deeper bench with players who will significantly buttress this team as it heads into conference play. Also: Five players not suited up, meaning the program is clearly building for the future.
:thumb:
Mousegriz

Time for the early season basketball hype after huge wins against St. Thomas and Merrimack.....both 1st or 2nd year D1 teams. Why do we do this to ourselves?
griznative24

Mousegriz wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:02 pm Time for the early season basketball hype after huge wins against St. Thomas and Merrimack.....both 1st or 2nd year D1 teams. Why do we do this to ourselves?
These are our peers
MtTarheel

Still undersized, still lack athleticism, still lack shot creators. I'm seeing better ball movement and off the ball movement though. Lots of open shots I just don't know if our shooters outside of moody are as good as we/the staff thought they were. Certainly some positives but i still see some deficiencies that make our margin for error pretty small. I think we'll be better than the last couple years but how much better I'm not sure.
CleanHOUSE

grizzlyjournal wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:49 pm

Great Bench tonight
Griznation02

We need to fire our hc. MSU N played us tight! We will finish in the bottom 1/3 of the ridiculous big sky. Bring back Krystowiak or someone else! If we don’t fire this dude soon our bball program will be totally destroyed! I think he recruits decent guards…that’s bout it. No development at all, no bigs ever, & now can barely beat Havre. Sad day for Griz bball
Hurdlingriz

Griznation02 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:25 pm We need to fire our hc. MSU N played us tight! We will finish in the bottom 1/3 of the ridiculous big sky. Bring back Krystowiak or someone else! If we don’t fire this dude soon our bball program will be totally destroyed! I think he recruits decent guards…that’s bout it. No development at all, no bigs ever, & now can barely beat Havre. Sad day for Griz bball
Seems a little extreme, you could tell both teams were gassed from a tough stretch of games. I wouldn't take much from that game
Been creepin here for years 8-)
WyomingGrizFan

Hurdlingriz wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:01 am .., you could tell both teams were gassed from a tough stretch of games.
Twenty-year olds get tired? :shock:
CopperGold14

You are plain dumb if you think Krystko is coming back. Travis isn't perfect, but he's one of the better coaches in low/mid major basketball. Checks a lot of boxes, just like Hauck. UM leadership has done good work getting those two.
mtgrizrule

WyomingGrizFan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:47 am
Hurdlingriz wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:01 am .., you could tell both teams were gassed from a tough stretch of games.
I kind of question that too. While in college, then the military, we'd play full court 4+ hours every evening. Yes, the games were very physical. Hell, that was my thing until around 35. No way, I could do it now.
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Hurdlingriz

mtgrizrule wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:43 pm
WyomingGrizFan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:47 am

I kind of question that too. While in college, then the military, we'd play full court 4+ hours every evening. Yes, the games were very physical. Hell, that was my thing until around 35. No way, I could do it now.
Yes, they do. And even tired they'd destroy 100% of the audience but they do fatigue. I coach high school kids and wouldn't ya know it, I've screwed up and wore them out once in awhile. Your 4th hour of hoops no way matched your 1st hour
mtgrizrule

Hurdlingriz wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:59 am
mtgrizrule wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:43 pm

Yes, they do. And even tired they'd destroy 100% of the audience but they do fatigue. I coach high school kids and wouldn't ya know it, I've screwed up and wore them out once in awhile. Your 4th hour of hoops no way matched your 1st hour
I too have coached. If teams are at the same level, both teams face fatigue throughout the season. I honestly told my players why we would condition so much. They totally bought into it. Better conditioned teams have an advantage. Personally, I loved playing later than earlier. Why? I knew I could outlast most other players.

Yes it plays a role. However, it should never be allowed as an excuse! Every team and player has control of their conditioning. Teams should know, the more you move the ball, the more tired your opponents get. They should look to know, which opposing players are tired and attack those players.

The better teams use fatigue to their advantage, not as an excuse.
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Hurdlingriz

mtgrizrule wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:14 pm
Hurdlingriz wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:59 am

I too have coached. If teams are at the same level, both teams face fatigue throughout the season. I honestly told my players why we would condition so much. They totally bought into it. Better conditioned teams have an advantage. Personally, I loved playing later than earlier. Why? I knew I could outlast most other players.

Yes it plays a role. However, it should never be allowed as an excuse! Every team and player has control of their conditioning. Teams should know, the more you move the ball, the more tired your opponents get. They should look to know, which opposing players are tired and attack those players.

The better teams use fatigue to their advantage, not as an excuse.
True, just think it's early, it'll be there. Overworking will also show signs of fatigue which teams tend to work hard early in conditioning. Also doubt they were super juiced for Northern. Just think it's early to rip into them for a game I think you can take very little from